Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Did I mention how stupid the idea of that 2-point conversion was? This Jjm Mora Jr. violating the NFL cellphone policy because he had no idea what a tie would do to his playoff chances level of stupid.

There's logic involved there in some fashion, you can argue about it but there's an argument to be had. That one doesn't hurt as much to me as your first point.

Not getting the play calls in is either Ridder not being prepared enough or your rear end not getting them in fast enough so he can look over the D by the time he gets to the line. Which is something he needs a chance to do. Either way that's on coaching unless you just want to call Ridder an idiot. Which, while I don't think he's a good NFL QB I don't believe is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

No team should treat their division as free wins even if they aren’t very good

True, the Bears will probably put up a fight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

True, the Bears will probably put up a fight.

Depends on which bears you get really

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

CharlestheHammer posted:

If fields is done I think the team is too. Their coaches are still dumb as hell.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

epic bacon posted:

Tua tops in the league in yardage, touchdowns, passer rating, and YPA

he is also on the best rushing team in the league

Tyreek is on pace for 2000 yards...in 15 games. 2300 in 17

pretty cool offense

i'm still going to turn into chicken little every time we start a game with two lovely drives, but it's really cool to have an offense that adjusts well and gets better over the course of the game to make me wrong

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

No team should treat their division as free wins even if they aren’t very good

They'll rest starters week 17 vs the Vikings and lose, which will somehow cause them to play the Seahawks in the wild card round.

Or worse, Philly will stumble out of the division lead and we'll get a truly cursed Matt Patricia revenge game instead.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 16, 2023

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Lions Bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Freaquency posted:

The KC win was without Kelce, so by your logic that was also a fraudulent win

We all just watched the game where KC could only put 19pts up against… the broncos, right

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Chicago: Where does the rulebook say we're not allowed to put in literal bears as our defense?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

What's more embarrassing, the 49ers losing to the Browns or the Eagles losing to the Jets?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MakaVillian posted:

What's more embarrassing, the 49ers losing to the Browns or the Eagles losing to the Jets?

The Browns legit have an all time defense. I think they've got one of the fewest yards allowed of all time right now for the number of games they've played.

The jets are led by Zach Wilson who had a better game than Jalen Hurts.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Embarrassed Jalen Hurts without a starting secondary. lmao

https://twitter.com/nextgenstats/status/1713711617408667743?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MakaVillian posted:

Eagles losing to the Jets IMO. Browns are kind of feisty and have an excellent defense as has been noted. Also a positive karma boost from Watson being out, even if PJ Walker played like crap.

Most everybody wrote off the Jets' season less than five minutes into their first game, even if they rallied for a couple of wins before today.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Saquon looks so loving over this team

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sorry giants. That was a bullshit no call at the end

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

i can't loving stand the Bills dude

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you can give Saquon the ball, but this lovely offensive line still has to run block for him against practically the whole team lined up at the goal line. I liked the call

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There are no teams free of fraud this week.

Except the Lions and I guess the Panthers.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Tyrod should have done the Stafford Jump (from his game against the Cowboys)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Giants got robbed

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s funny that refs can just outright decide the winner by no-calling that. lmao.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MrLogan posted:

Jimmy G has missed more time in six games for the Raiders than Carr did in 9 years.

But unlike Carr, Jimmy isn't a PUSSY and loves taking hits from edge rushers like a boss and is so manly and brave!

- seemingly every jerkoff on any random Raiders forum

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There are no teams free of fraud this week.

Except the Lions and I guess the Panthers.

Yeah, I guess that's the one positive you can give the Panthers this season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1713761707363901884#m

Giants got absolutely loving screwed

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

call bad

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
bills ftw

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Many people are saying this

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hell, I'll say it right now.

Browns

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

News: lions bitch

Views

https://twitter.com/JamalSpencerTV/status/1713700691833766293?s=20

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pmchem posted:

in head-to-head matchups in which the Jets are 2-1, Zach Wilson has posted a better passer rating than the following QBs these season:

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Jalen Hurts

This is pretty impressive stuff. You might want to think about giving the kid the starting job the next few years just to try and lock him down now.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 16, 2023

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MakaVillian posted:

Eagle to the Jets, and by a wide margin. Enough has been said about the Browns' defense, but the Niners had a makeable field goal to try and win the game, the Eagles had to convert 4th and 8 against the Jets defense to maintain possession. :lol:

I'm not saying the Niners didn't make mistakes, pretty much everyone did. But even playing like crap, we were in it to win at the end of regulation. Also, gently caress the refs, that was a legal hit on 4th down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MakaVillian posted:

Gotta be the Eagles. Niners played bad but still only lost because of a missed field goal (and a bad ref call but that wouldn't have mattered but for the aforementioned missed FG).

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

also the niners were down like 2-3 of their best offensive players

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

unless i missed something from the eagles game

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

unless i missed something from the eagles game
Nah. Eagles went up 14-3 early and then were blanked the rest of the game, like 8 straight possessions of futility. Saleh masterclass over Sirianni.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

eagles lost lane johnson early on and i think it changed the entire game. they were already down their starting rg and now their all-pro rt and the jets to their credit took full advantage

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jets also were out their top 3 corners and Hurts couldn't take advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/DMurph_BrownsPR/status/1713906631279288641?t=a3IeYkHYP1LCYME5VZINcw&s=19