Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Storming a whole bunch of places in the West Bank currently

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1713724602629677336

something something hamas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Mediaite/status/1713733398353567846?s=20

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

so u want to start a jihad...

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Valleyant posted:

Isn't the West bank like completely toothless whats the point of that

It's easier to carry out ethnic cleansing against the people with only rocks and no military organization against the people with guns and military organization.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Hi! I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such things as Know Your Fatwa and Death To Israel."

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

paraglide to the rave? turn to page 30

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
I know it’s been a horrendous few days, more than a week after the deadliest day for Jews since the Holocaust, in fact.

i didn't know the holocaust was a day

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Danann posted:

It's easier to carry out ethnic cleansing against the people with only rocks and no military organization against the people with guns and military organization.

Man this Abbas guy seems like he didn't plan this one out well

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/60Minutes/status/1713693429354377442?s=20

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Schmoe Cwead posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

did he say Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Did Biden eat a sour warhead or something dude looks extra hosed up lately

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

FirstnameLastname posted:

yeah lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
hes like actually rotting away

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
loving lich of a President

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Valleyant posted:

he's eighty years old and probably on so many drugs it's a miracle he's standing

mags
May 30, 2008

does Biden even know what room he’s in

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

The israeli official social media accounts going after and shaming celebrities is funny as hell in an absurd way.

It's not enough for them to do the genocide, they need All Your Faves doing the pointing soyjak meme at an Israeli flag being projected onto the side of the Empire State Building or some poo poo so everyone knows how pog their genocide is

mags
May 30, 2008

Valleyant posted:

botaxxed?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

In the comic, the stoic blonde Jewish tanker had previously been allowed to sit on a Panzer by the crew, during the occupation of Warsaw in 1939.

the real joke is that ennis' weird funhouse mirror nationalism, anticommunism and clean wehrmacht tendencies still produce some of the most compelling and least jingoistic historical fiction in the blue stamp approved western world

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Hi! I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such things as Know Your Fatwa and Death To Israel."

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

he's eighty years old and probably on so many drugs it's a miracle he's standing

hes still president too like even on the grampa schedule that's a lot of flying around hes prolly fuckin delirious

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

they're weekend at berniesing joe biden

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mags posted:

botaxxed?

that guy shot himself

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Valleyant posted:

he's not gonna make it

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

AxGrap posted:

Did anyone say infant-ada yet?

Infantifada :tinfoil:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Valleyant posted:

whenever he needs to speak his handlers fill him with enough amphetamines to kill a city block

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

I really loving hate joe biden

:same:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

With its echoes of the Yom Kippur War’s surprise attack 50 years earlier almost to the day, the incursion by Hamas on Oct. 7 under the cover of an unprecedented barrage of rocket fire has been justly characterized as Israel’s 9/11. And while the immediate condemnation by world leaders of this heinous and cowardly attack has been affirming, current support of Israel’s right to a robust response will inevitably wane for many, as the narrative quickly shifts from standing with the victims of terror to indictments of the pursuers of self-defense.

The path to peace, while seemingly clear, is far from simple. Decades of radicalization for the Palestinians and too many thwarted peace processes for the Israelis have generated a leadership that is far more accepting of a deteriorating status quo than visionary in taking risks for an end to conflict. This toxic and tragic pattern of attack and counterattack inflicts unimaginable suffering on the innocent residents of Gaza, who languish under the tyranny of a terrorist state. But there is a distinction between Israel’s defensive acts and Hamas’ indiscriminate rocketing and deliberate massacre of noncombatants. Only the ideologically deluded could render a moral equivalence between these adversaries.

In the coming days, many critics of Israel and apologists for terror will insist that context is everything — that somehow Israel’s actions were a provocation for Hamas barbarism. They will argue that this is the product of the blockade of Gaza, or the occupation emerging after the 1967 War, or if they are more unguarded in their candor, the 75 years of Israel’s very existence — which most Arab nations still refuse to acknowledge. Beyond the obvious outrage and insult of this kind of victim-blaming, the inconvenient truth is that Gaza is not occupied. Israel relinquished the territory almost 20 years ago in the hopes of fostering peace with Hamas. It soon descended into the chaotic base of attacks on Israel, its citizens victimized by a leadership content to let them live in squalor in the service of an unbending hatred of Israel and monomaniacal devotion to its destruction.

Unlike many nations who suffer these devastating attacks, the people of Israel do not have the luxury of a lengthy process of mourning and reflection, of healing and extended planning for a judicious response. Surrounded by enemies who scrutinize for any sign of weakness, Israel must act quickly and decisively, grieving the dead and absorbing the shock while readying for battle. But it is the Israel Defense Force’s code of ethics — its tohar neshek, or commitment to a purity of arms — that distinguishes it from the wholesale slaughter and wanton pogroms of Hamas thuggery.

And while Israel will endeavor to minimize collateral damage to the Gazans with a concern that far exceeds the regard of their own leadership, many will die, needlessly, on both sides. The fog of war obscures even the most illumined conscience. But it is only in the striving for our humanity — even against the call of baser passions — that we truly secure the better world for which we fight.
With its echoes of the Yom Kippur War’s surprise attack 50 years earlier almost to the day, the incursion by Hamas on Oct. 7 under the cover of an unprecedented barrage of rocket fire has been justly characterized as Israel’s 9/11. And while the immediate condemnation by world leaders of this heinous and cowardly attack has been affirming, current support of Israel’s right to a robust response will inevitably wane for many, as the narrative quickly shifts from standing with the victims of terror to indictments of the pursuers of self-defense.

The path to peace, while seemingly clear, is far from simple. Decades of radicalization for the Palestinians and too many thwarted peace processes for the Israelis have generated a leadership that is far more accepting of a deteriorating status quo than visionary in taking risks for an end to conflict. This toxic and tragic pattern of attack and counterattack inflicts unimaginable suffering on the innocent residents of Gaza, who languish under the tyranny of a terrorist state. But there is a distinction between Israel’s defensive acts and Hamas’ indiscriminate rocketing and deliberate massacre of noncombatants. Only the ideologically deluded could render a moral equivalence between these adversaries.

In the coming days, many critics of Israel and apologists for terror will insist that context is everything — that somehow Israel’s actions were a provocation for Hamas barbarism. They will argue that this is the product of the blockade of Gaza, or the occupation emerging after the 1967 War, or if they are more unguarded in their candor, the 75 years of Israel’s very existence — which most Arab nations still refuse to acknowledge. Beyond the obvious outrage and insult of this kind of victim-blaming, the inconvenient truth is that Gaza is not occupied. Israel relinquished the territory almost 20 years ago in the hopes of fostering peace with Hamas. It soon descended into the chaotic base of attacks on Israel, its citizens victimized by a leadership content to let them live in squalor in the service of an unbending hatred of Israel and monomaniacal devotion to its destruction.

Unlike many nations who suffer these devastating attacks, the people of Israel do not have the luxury of a lengthy process of mourning and reflection, of healing and extended planning for a judicious response. Surrounded by enemies who scrutinize for any sign of weakness, Israel must act quickly and decisively, grieving the dead and absorbing the shock while readying for battle. But it is the Israel Defense Force’s code of ethics — its tohar neshek, or commitment to a purity of arms — that distinguishes it from the wholesale slaughter and wanton pogroms of Hamas thuggery.

And while Israel will endeavor to minimize collateral damage to the Gazans with a concern that far exceeds the regard of their own leadership, many will die, needlessly, on both sides. The fog of war obscures even the most illumined conscience. But it is only in the striving for our humanity — even against the call of baser passions — that we truly secure the better world for which we fight.

Daniel Weiner is senior rabbi at Temple De Hirsch Sinai, which has more than 5,000 members in two campuses in Seattle and Bellevue.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1712917085796413584

us vassals demonstrating bonds of proud vassaldom

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country lol. I mean they objectively have preformed like poo poo.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

mcmagic posted:

Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country lol. I mean they objectively have preformed like poo poo.

I'm sure they have one guy that's ok at doing stuff and he's one of the finest genocide mans there is

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sleepy Joe can't stay awake for Holocaust 2!!!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the homeless security people?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

They floated USS Khe Sanh and USS Da Nang for amphibious assault ships. They just decommissioned USS Hué City.

gradenko_2000 posted:

decommissioned last year

Loser ships! It's a shame West Germany never tried to match France and rebuild the Hochseeflotte, or we would have seen some really choice names...

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FirstnameLastname posted:

well he was right. finest after hamas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Voice of Labor posted:

the real joke is that ennis' weird funhouse mirror nationalism, anticommunism and clean wehrmacht tendencies still produce some of the most compelling and least jingoistic historical fiction in the blue stamp approved western world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Atrocious Joe posted:

Zionists are acting like anything that's not a full endorsement of the genocide as an attack against Israel. That can be a decent strategy to try to control messaging, but they seem to actually have internalized it.

Amy Schumer sharing that meme saying "Jews are alone now" is indicative of how detached from reality most Zionists are right now. Israel couldn't be doing this without two US carriers in the Med and constant arms shipments. Many Jews are leading the effort to oppose Israel in the US.

Still, it's easy to find stuff on social media lamenting how Israel is going to have to go it alone to keep itself safe.

yeah propagandists inevitably always manage to fool themselves the most. i call it the notorious B. I. G. principle