Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I believe you're looking for the Ed Boon Denigration Station. It's just down the hall.

e: oh wow this is the worst snipe ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Story mode was absolutely bonkers and I loved it. What an end sequence.

I am enjoying slowly making my way through Invasions, although I went to the training area and bought an EXP token and it made me so strong I can basically steamroll every encounter. The limited inventory for items is also really stupid, I accidentally threw out a Talisman I had beefed up lol they also aren’t all that useful.

The spread of character types is also really weird. Like, Physical and Lightning are only weak to Acid and there’s literally one Acid character (Reptile obviously) besides Shang Tsung, who only has one Acid-type attack. Feels a lot like Pokemon first generation when things were horribly imbalanced. I guess I could just use whoever for the fights instead of going by weaknesses.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkggHZWksM

Max's video on Omniman has a few more details on the rest of KP1 (starts at 5:28 if you just wanna watch that).

- Quan Chi and Peacemaker in Winter 23/24
- Ermac and Homelander in Spring 24
-Takeda in Summer 24
- Johnny Cage kameo replaced by Janet Cage (female Johnny from end of story mode)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like opponents that walk right into my sword for 400 damage, then blind armored wakeup into a block for 400 more damage. NRS should match me only against those players and not the ones who like to press R2!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Story mode was absolutely bonkers and I loved it. What an end sequence.

I am enjoying slowly making my way through Invasions, although I went to the training area and bought an EXP token and it made me so strong I can basically steamroll every encounter. The limited inventory for items is also really stupid, I accidentally threw out a Talisman I had beefed up lol they also aren’t all that useful.

The spread of character types is also really weird. Like, Physical and Lightning are only weak to Acid and there’s literally one Acid character (Reptile obviously) besides Shang Tsung, who only has one Acid-type attack. Feels a lot like Pokemon first generation when things were horribly imbalanced. I guess I could just use whoever for the fights instead of going by weaknesses.

Pretty much matches with what I liked and disliked. Having to constantly discard the stuff that you kind of don't even care about that much anyway is annoying, because you're spending time making a decision that doesn't even feel meaningful. In the end I just started randomly dumping whatever for my own sanity.

The konsumables are fun for temporary hilarity like the uppercut one where you apply it then walk in and almost one shot some character in the next fight haha.

As for the damage/resistance types: it sure did seem to me that the types were character-level, not ability-level. But I didn't analyse it that much or at all really.

Also for the love of god please get rid of that stupid smoke/burning modifier on some nodes. It's obnoxious as gently caress.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You can actually one shot a good amount of the fights with an uppercut without using the consumable if you just put every stat point into attack.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

putin is a oval office posted:

Pretty much matches with what I liked and disliked. Having to constantly discard the stuff that you kind of don't even care about that much anyway is annoying, because you're spending time making a decision that doesn't even feel meaningful. In the end I just started randomly dumping whatever for my own sanity.

The konsumables are fun for temporary hilarity like the uppercut one where you apply it then walk in and almost one shot some character in the next fight haha.

As for the damage/resistance types: it sure did seem to me that the types were character-level, not ability-level. But I didn't analyse it that much or at all really.

Also for the love of god please get rid of that stupid smoke/burning modifier on some nodes. It's obnoxious as gently caress.

The types are individual to the different attacks. If you look at the move list it shows what type each move is. For example, all of Havik’s melee moves are Chaos but his blood ball moves are Blood. The character’s elements determine their weaknesses/resistances. Havik is Chaos/Blood, and since Blood is weak to Chaos he’s weak to Chaos. It’s an interesting idea poorly executed imo

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The augment system was a perfectly good little thing the obsessives could futz with that could be easily ignored.
This rpg stat system pretty much ruins the single player experience

Well, that and your loving buttons being randomized in total darkness, this is supposed to be fun to a living human being somehow

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Might clear this off the hard drive to free up a bunch of space. This one just didn’t do it for me. I don’t think I want to do another invasion season and all the unlocks you get by doing it don’t feel worth it. The towers of time may as well not even exist, it’s just there to grind currency. The upcoming guest characters also don’t excite me.

This needed better single player legs.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/X_AZEEZ3/status/1714150230172557407?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man nurse posted:

Might clear this off the hard drive to free up a bunch of space. This one just didn’t do it for me. I don’t think I want to do another invasion season and all the unlocks you get by doing it don’t feel worth it. The towers of time may as well not even exist, it’s just there to grind currency. The upcoming guest characters also don’t excite me.

This needed better single player legs.

yeah I haven't played since a few times around release and realized I hated Invasions + they still have so much poo poo to fix like the P1 advantage/pinning moves/loving loadouts. It was a rushed release, I think this was honestly my worst purchase of the year given that I paid for the Big Boy edition. Figured the last 2 games gave me enough safety to do so but shame on me for buying what ultimately was fulfilling a quarterly target lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Two MK things came out today:

- MK Onslaught, which I guess is MK's version of the KOF mobile game.

- The Johnny Cage animated movie, featuring the late Gilbert Gottfried.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol :piss:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
fighting games on pc? maybe nrs is trying to tell you to stick to spreadsheet combos instead

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

- The Johnny Cage animated movie, featuring the late Gilbert Gottfried.

An unconventional choice to voice Johnny Cage, but it works!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

yeah I haven't played since a few times around release and realized I hated Invasions + they still have so much poo poo to fix like the P1 advantage/pinning moves/loving loadouts. It was a rushed release, I think this was honestly my worst purchase of the year given that I paid for the Big Boy edition. Figured the last 2 games gave me enough safety to do so but shame on me for buying what ultimately was fulfilling a quarterly target lol

P1 advantage was fixed more than two weeks ago.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

And it's a real shame because I can't blame that on my losses now. Oh well, there's always lag and Cyrax.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match. Not perfect, but it's definitely the best of the four Legends movies.

It's funny in how the first half hour has all these 80s action movie tropes, only to remind you that it's a Mortal Kombat movie. Like how we see a montage of young Johnny being bullied at school and then training in martial arts, culminating in him breaking a bully's arm so badly that the bone tears out of the skin.

They also do some fun character reveals. Like how actress Jennifer Grey is actually Sareena and how the movie is partially an origin story for Mokap, in the form of Johnny's loyal assistant Chuck.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Gavok posted:

Gilbert Gottfried.

The Aristokrats!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The types are individual to the different attacks. If you look at the move list it shows what type each move is. For example, all of Havik’s melee moves are Chaos but his blood ball moves are Blood. The character’s elements determine their weaknesses/resistances. Havik is Chaos/Blood, and since Blood is weak to Chaos he’s weak to Chaos. It’s an interesting idea poorly executed imo

Ahh, I stand corrected, thanks man. I agree then, that's pretty poor. I do like the concept, it's a shame they didn't stick the landing.

X JAKK posted:

Well, that and your loving buttons being randomized in total darkness, this is supposed to be fun to a living human being somehow

How anyone thought this was a "fun challenge" is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend. And I say this as a filthy casual who has generally enjoyed my experience playing the game so far.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

X JAKK posted:

The augment system was a perfectly good little thing the obsessives could futz with that could be easily ignored.
This rpg stat system pretty much ruins the single player experience

Dumping all of my stat points into combo damage has been great. I clear matches in about half a second.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
It is a particular form of misogynism that men can have female forms dressed up like them and can joyously fart as much as they please, but none of the women have male forms or any male crossdressing at all, and also they arent allowed to fart. :colbert:

Oh and i guess its just coincedence that this season's colors are the same as the chinese flag

STOP THE JINPING REGIME'S FEMININE FART ERASURE NOW

LIU KANG REMOVED TAIWAN FROM THE TIMELINE

ZATERRAN SPIT CANT MELT STEEL BEAMS

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 18, 2023

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I got really pissed off at the move list UI in this game and not being able to pin moves.

https://github.com/gettierproblem/MortalKombatOverlay

It's like Hearthstone Deck Tracker but for Mortal Kombat.

I just can't be assed to keep going to websites or navigating through menus man. I don't want to check "advanced" every single time. Is that too much to ask?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Do you want to do 36% or better every time you hit the enemy? Then you need to try Raiden and Darrius!

Here's the damage you can get off these starters:

jump kick = 36%
d1 poke = 40%
12 = 40%
f43 = 40%
f224 = 40%
f34,f34,3 = 47%

Here's how it works:

starter > df2 EX > 3 > df2 > summon Darrius a split second after the second df2 hits > jump kick > df2

I have no idea how to make videos or else I'd make a video. This poo poo is crazy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i suck at fighting games.
so far the only one that grabs me is Li Mei.
everyone else I have no idea what i'm even doing even with just 2 button strings.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

GateOfD posted:

i suck at fighting games.
so far the only one that grabs me is Li Mei.
everyone else I have no idea what i'm even doing even with just 2 button strings.

Sub is really simple and fun but his damage is kind of sad. Raiden is VERY easy and does 40% with the amount of effort that it takes to do 25% with other fighters. Liu Kang doesn't have to work too hard to hit 30% kombos and he's a great all-rounder.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Doc Walrus posted:

Sub is really simple and fun but his damage is kind of sad. Raiden is VERY easy and does 40% with the amount of effort that it takes to do 25% with other fighters. Liu Kang doesn't have to work too hard to hit 30% kombos and he's a great all-rounder.

As a totally not biased Geras main, I would also like to recommend Geras. He has a few suspiciously simple strings that get you 25% rather easily. That said, you want him for his Kountdown charges. Down-Back 3 or 1-2-2-Throw. Get three charges and you can just freeze people for a few seconds of free damage.

I think his Down-Back 4 is an infamous move from MK11? The one where he explodes sand that disrupts just about anything. And his jump attack, too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Geras was ridiculous in MK11 because for most of that game's lifespan he had an incredibly abusable 6f down 1 that was only like -3 on block. You could literally make your entire Geras gameplan fishing with D1 pokes, then pressing one of your counterhit strings for 387 krushing blow damage. Then if you ever got knocked down just slam your 6f full comboable reversal on wakeup for 350 more damage. Simply awful character to play against in that game, much more fun matchup in MK1.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 19, 2023

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Me like smoke and reiko

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
https://twitter.com/ermaccer/status/1714760268352307395

tag mode :madmax:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MK9 is back baby!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Regrettable posted:

MK9 is back baby!

https://youtu.be/k30v0BWDKGA?si=rWfgXaSbW7rmjM6F

this game is like mk9 all over again and I think it's gonna be the poo poo eventually :madmax::hf::madmax:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Came up against a Sindel player trying to do the Sub-Zero infinite and had to fatality them every round. Try that in a small KL bracket. :clint:

Halfway to God now. This morning was brutal with GM smurfs but I eventually pulled it back to go 7-7 for the day.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

EorayMel posted:

Wait until you find the Scorpion battle in Edenia that has him do 300% more damage and you cannot block

shujinko is the single worst character in mortal kombat history

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TGLT posted:

shujinko is the single worst character in mortal kombat history

Very wrong because I used to whip my roommate's rear end at kombat chess by making shujinko my pawns

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Perhaps, but as a character I hate him

shujinko: hey my good friend hotaru who i gave control of a city to, what's banging?
hotaru: jail time for you, actually
shujinko: oh. *quietly waits in jail for 15 years over a curfew violation*

TGLT fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 20, 2023

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

TGLT posted:

Perhaps, but as a character I hate him

shujinko: hey my good friend hotaru who i gave control of a city to, what's banging?
hotaru: jail time for you, actually
shujinko: oh. *quietly waits in jail for 15 years over a curfew violation*

That was the old timeline. Now he's just a guy who knows how to steal absorb his enemies' powers, and also (KUNG LAO TOWER ENDING SPOILER) was so powerful and egotistical that Liu Kang had to wipe his memory, leading to Kung Lao re-teaching Shujinko the same exact lessons he taught him before but now with added lessons in humility. Still, making a solid attempt to 1v3 the trio of Kung Lao/Liu Kang/Raiden because he was an egotistical prick....

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

widespread posted:

That was the old timeline. Now he's just a guy who knows how to steal absorb his enemies' powers, and also (KUNG LAO TOWER ENDING SPOILER) was so powerful and egotistical that Liu Kang had to wipe his memory, leading to Kung Lao re-teaching Shujinko the same exact lessons he taught him before but now with added lessons in humility. Still, making a solid attempt to 1v3 the trio of Kung Lao/Liu Kang/Raiden because he was an egotistical prick....

So Kung Lao taught him the art of having an ego that will get you killed. Just lucky he came across Liu Kang and not Shao Kahn. He's been known to turn a head at egos

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Unbound posted:

So Kung Lao taught him the art of having an ego that will get you killed. Just lucky he came across Liu Kang and not Shao Kahn. He's been known to turn a head at egos

I think it was more he forgot to tell Shujinko about humility, leading to Shujinko getting an ego and snapping. But yeah, his head would be on Reiko's spear if he learned from Shao.

Edit: how about I just link Kung Lao's ending straight.

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

widespread posted:

I think it was more he forgot to tell Shujinko about humility, leading to Shujinko getting an ego and snapping. But yeah, his head would be on Reiko's spear if he learned from Shao.

Edit: how about I just link Kung Lao's ending straight.

Oh, I was referring to Shao Kahn snapping Kung Lao's neck in MK9