Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Wouldn’t be the first time stuff from marvel trailers are missing or altered from the actual final product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, some folks tried to sue over the movie Yesterday for that same phenomenon, where Ana de Armas was in the trailer but not in the movie.

They lost the suit because they rented the movie TWICE, invalidating their claim that they were damaged and mislead upon watching the movie the first time because they wanted to see Ana de Armas in it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Chekhov's god of mischief.

It's because he knows how important what he's doing is. If there's a 'happily ever after' waiting for him in his original timeline, all that knowledge will do is hurt him.

Better not to know.
You were also able to summarize this in under six minutes. Maybe they’ll get you for S3.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Why do we want a TV show to race through the themes it's exploring?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

live with fruit posted:

So we can have more time for delicious McDonald’s™️ product placement.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

I don't know why everyone's in such a hurry

Edit because it's not worth a new reply:

vv LOL vv

maybeadracula fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 15, 2023

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Today is my third time trying to stay awake during the episode. The pie scene is just shot so poorly and feels like it's so long. I think it's from the framing and how obvious it is they aren't eating the pie, plus they're so stationary. They briefly use bust shots, but it's just not enough.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

Today is my third time trying to stay awake during the episode. The pie scene is just shot so poorly and feels like it's so long. I think it's from the framing and how obvious it is they aren't eating the pie, plus they're so stationary. They briefly use bust shots, but it's just not enough.

OK good it wasn't just me focusing on how much whipped cream and nothing else Loki was eating. I was worried that was another proof that I have weird brain :shepface:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Mobius definitely ate pie

Loki was just polite nibbling for emotional support

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Yeah, my guess is in order to undo the pruning apocalypse loki is going to intentionally make himself start time slipping again. All this time with Brad will serve as an introduction to a character that will be around for the rest of the season in various incarnations.

There's also no way some important information isn't going to get sneaked into the TVA handbook in the past.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Gangringo posted:

There's also no way some important information isn't going to get sneaked into the TVA handbook in the past.

It already has been. Almost nobody reads the whole thing!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Super Deuce posted:

Those pie shots made me bust

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I am reminded of the cliche old person continually asking questions through a movie.

Not sure why...

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Gangringo posted:

Yeah, my guess is in order to undo the pruning apocalypse loki is going to intentionally make himself start time slipping again.

Yeah given how quickly they introduced it and then had it end, it seems likely they will completely undo it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am also annoyed when I don't see actors wolfing down all the food on their plate during a scene that most likely requires multiple takes.

Also, diner scenes are so static and stationary.
Can't we have some Michael Bay 360 shots or shakycam like in the Bourne movies' fight scenes?
Just mix it up a bit, geez.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now I'm thinking about how in The Suicide Squad John Cena insisted on eating a whole empanada during a scene and he had to do it over and over and the shots of him doing it didn't even make it into the movie

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Arist posted:

Now I'm thinking about how in The Suicide Squad John Cena insisted on eating a whole empanada during a scene and he had to do it over and over and the shots of him doing it didn't even make it into the movie
I can't help but wonder if that's because he could justify doing so. Like, the guy must have a ridiculous diet. I'd want to wolf down empanadas too, given the perfect excuse.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Super Deuce posted:

That’s scene is great though. It’s supposed to make you uncomfortable because Möbius is uncomfortable.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

mcbexx posted:

I am also annoyed when I don't see actors wolfing down all the food on their plate during a scene that most likely requires multiple takes.

Also, diner scenes are so static and stationary.
Can't we have some Michael Bay 360 shots or shakycam like in the Bourne movies' fight scenes?
Just mix it up a bit, geez.

Blocking matters. Just sitting two people at a table when the most prominent thing in frame is the food, it's really obvious when the actor is just pushing it around their plate. The director is supposed to try to hide that, not make it clear. It didn't look like two characters at a table eating pie. It looked like two actors filming a shot.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

That’s scene is great though. It’s supposed to make you uncomfortable because Möbius is uncomfortable.

It's not bad because it's uncomfortable, it's bad because it's shot really poorly and in a way that makes it feel 10 minutes longer than it is.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Super Deuce posted:

Blocking matters. Just sitting two people at a table when the most prominent thing in frame is the food, it's really obvious when the actor is just pushing it around their plate.

Have you ever eaten key lime pie? What color was it? What color was it in the seventies? Which is the real color of key lime pie? (Google images of it)

It’s crappy key lime pie. A whole automat full of fake rear end dyed key lime pie. What is that saying about Möbius’ choice and argument. What are most children taught to do to be polite when they eat outside the home and the food isn’t good.

Loki is pushing it around on his plate. Möbius is eating the bad pie.

The director is making something extremely clear, I think you are missing what is being made clear.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Have you ever eaten key lime pie? What color was it? What color was it in the seventies? Which is the real color of key lime pie? (Google images of it)

It’s crappy key lime pie. A whole automat full of fake rear end dyed key lime pie. What is that saying about Möbius’ choice and argument. What are most children taught to do to be polite when they eat outside the home and the food isn’t good.

Loki is pushing it around on his plate. Möbius is eating the bad pie.

The director is making something extremely clear, I think you are missing what is being made clear.

This

But then I can't tell if the poster you're replying to is just a troll because it sure reads that way

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

maybealabia posted:

This

But then I can't tell if the poster you're replying to is just a troll because it sure reads that way

They might not know the dark secret of bright green key lime pie. I think that mostly stopped being a thing in the late nineties as dyed food starting being something seen as of poor quality and “natural “ became popular.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

They might not know the dark secret of bright green key lime pie. I think that mostly stopped being a thing in the late nineties as dyed food starting being something seen as of poor quality and “natural “ became popular.

Even beyond that, it was obvious that Mobius was eating and enjoying and Loki was being polite company

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I did not know any of this so that is another cool detail. So was dessert back then often strangely coloured? My memories of food back in the late 90s was limited to juice packs, cereal (coooooookie crisp), candy and lunchables. Maybe hot pockets as well (thanks big sis). I feel like the 00s didn’t have strange bright food and food was just food.

maybealabia posted:

Even beyond that, it was obvious that Mobius was eating and enjoying and Loki was being polite company

I thought that was incredibly obvious. Like who hasn’t done that before for family and friends? People get weird about eating alone.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Literal god from a palace doesn't really enjoy institutional bureaucracy cafeteria pie

Honestly the pie scene is the single nicest thing we've ever seen any Loki do

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
It seems several of you have never watched a tv show or movie before. This is an interesting development. I didn't know people weren't aware actors push things around their plate to make it appear they're eating.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

maybealabia posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

very funny the hills people choose to die on

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Super Deuce posted:

It seems several of you have never watched a tv show or movie before. This is an interesting development. I didn't know people weren't aware actors push things around their plate to make it appear they're eating.

So are you an unfunny troll or a hilarious idiot?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Their prop pieces of pie literally had like the same amount of pie missing. You literally see Mobius take one bite with any pie material on his spork, versus Loki's several of whipped cream. They both just push the pie around because they're actors pushing around their prop food.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

this mfer just learned tv isn't real and he's very upset about being LIED to

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I bet there wasn't even any shake in that cup.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Arist posted:

You know it's possible read and not respond in bad faith, right?

Thanks, I know actors push around food on their plate. Hence why I said it. The blocking of the shot is just bad and made it super prominent. It wasn't that Loki was supporting Mobius by nibbling at his pie. Both characters clearly were eating their pie. The shot is just bad, and the pie isn't even why. It's how boring the scene is visually. They cut to bust shots of each actor for 4 seconds each in a 4 minute scene (I didn't time it), and once to the two shot, that was actually a nice little departure. Two people at a table can be fine. Two people at a table with the only thing to do for 4 minutes being push around prop food when the prop food is in the center of the frame is... not good.

When did talking about and analyzing a TV show get so offensive to some people?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Mobius clearly, on screen, eats multiple bites of pie.

Much more of his pie than Loki's is gone at the end of the scene.

Loki eats one bite during the establishing shot then futzes with whipped cream while they talk

It feels less like certain people don't know what actors do and more like a certain other person hasn't had a lot of real human interactions

Scene is good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This isn't analysis

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
hope they introduce a food of the week each episode
then at the last episode, i will have a meal of Mcd, Key Lime Pie.

and maybe egg rolls next week, and some type of candy

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
pie scene was good.

how dare they spend time trying to actually establish a main characters emotions and conflicts instead of just exchanging quips back and forth.

its really nice how Loki cares about Mobius btw, he's like his first real friend.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

DogsInSpace! posted:

So was dessert back then often strangely coloured?

Food coloring in general and especially in children’s food was much more widespread. They used to sell flats of brightly colored sugar water in cheap plastic containers. Ice pops with enough dye to change the color of one’s poo poo. Several important dyes red 3, red 40, and blue 1 have been linked in some studies to worse symptoms of things like ADHD. In the states they were widespread for a lot longer than in Europe.

Arist posted:

This isn't analysis

Some people when they don’t like a thing have to construct a reason to not like the thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GateOfD posted:

hope they introduce a food of the week each episode
then at the last episode, i will have a meal of Mcd, Key Lime Pie.

and maybe egg rolls next week, and some type of candy

Just watch Binging with Babish. Chances are he does a neon green key lime pie after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

If Mobius and Loki finally gets to ride dual jet skis I will be unnaturally angry if someone comes to post “It’s fake!” I will become like that DS9 meme of Avery Brooks crying myself “it’s real” as I curl into the foetal position.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Food coloring in general and especially in children’s food was much more widespread. They used to sell flats of brightly colored sugar water in cheap plastic containers. Ice pops with enough dye to change the color of one’s poo poo. Several important dyes red 3, red 40, and blue 1 have been linked in some studies to worse symptoms of things like ADHD. In the states they were widespread for a lot longer than in Europe.

Some people when they don’t like a thing have to construct a reason to not like the thing.

Ahhh… I did not know that. I did see some pictures of crazy jello moulds that were the rage back in the day and it made me glad I wasn’t older. Like ham, oranges and olives suspended in jello. Think the pic was from the 70s.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 16, 2023