Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Did the discord disappear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Head Bee Guy posted:

Did the discord disappear?

Mekchu wants the discord to go in a different direction and asked that it be taken off SA. I think he's also on vacation right now but you could drop him a PM if you want an invite, his call.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Discord gatekeeping is a very particular type of flex.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I can barely remember why he ate a ban, but it’s pretty obviously about that.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Hollandia posted:

Isn't the main card at like 6am for us?

Main card = 10 pm Abu Dhabi time = 2 pm Eastern US = 4 am Eastern Australia?

fucks sake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Unperson_47 posted:

If it weren't for Jupiter, the Earth wouldn't have had dinosaurs and I wouldn't want to live on a planet without dinosaurs. Thank you, Jupiter. 🙏

:hai::hf::patriot:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

If it weren't for Jupiter, the Earth wouldn't have had dinosaurs and I wouldn't want to live on a planet without dinosaurs. Thank you, Jupiter. 🙏

If Jupiter had done a better job, we'd still have dinosaurs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CarlCX posted:

Mekchu wants the discord to go in a different direction and asked that it be taken off SA.

Obviously not directed at you Carl but gently caress me this is one of the most fart huffing sentences I've ever read.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
is there…another…way we watch UFC without submitting financial offerings to Dana?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

is there…another…way we watch UFC without submitting financial offerings to Dana?

ESPN pays a flat rate for UFC content so your money isn't going directly to him by watching the product.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Discord gatekeeping is a very particular type of flex.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Obviously not directed at you Carl but gently caress me this is one of the most fart huffing sentences I've ever read.

:shrug: Mekchu's not a big SA fan anymore and even if I disagree I get it.

But let's not post about posters/ex-posters and stick to the great news about our great sport, like the discovery that the guy in charge of the UFC's new drug testing initiative trains with ATT, one of the most notorious steroid camps in mixed martial arts!

https://twitter.com/SpinninBackfist/status/1713215608135774550

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

CarlCX posted:

But let's not post about posters/ex-posters

Posting about posters is half of what we do these past 5-10 years.

Goon to a Goblin take down defense
Oildome
Nope
Double legging chairs

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Posting about posters is half of what we do these past 5-10 years.

Goon to a Goblin take down defense
Oildome
Nope
Double legging chairs

At this point posting about oildome and dunc is more like posting about mythology. It's all of us sitting in rocking chairs at the retirement home talking about posting gags from like twelve years ago when we still had functional hips.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CarlCX posted:

when we still had functional hips.

100% necessary for letting the energy pass below them

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Head Bee Guy posted:

You mean other than having a good memory?

beep by grandpa posted:

bring a tablet, ask for wifi and remember how to type sport's urge.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Main card = 10 pm Abu Dhabi time = 2 pm Eastern US = 4 am Eastern Australia?

fucks sake

Actually yeah, given is Abu dhabi which I didn't realise I should get to see at least the co man and main.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Actually yeah, given is Abu dhabi which I didn't realise I should get to see at least the co man and main.

bit of an awkward time for finding a schooner and a schnitty but

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CarlCX posted:

But let's not post about posters/ex-posters and stick to the great news about our great sport, like the discovery that the guy in charge of the UFC's new drug testing initiative trains with ATT, one of the most notorious steroid camps in mixed martial arts!

So this actually got funnier today. Previously, during the initial announcements, it turned out one of the former higher-ups at the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency was going to be in charge of the UFC's in-house drug assessments:

Mike Russell, who is an excellent reporter who does not get nearly enough credit, dug this up from a decade ago:

quote:

Emails reveal former ASADA official Daniel Eichner privately obtained supplements from Darren Hibbert

A former senior official at the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) was privately obtaining supplements and seeking advice from one of the men at the centre of the authority's current probe into the use of performance enhancing substances in the NRL and AFL.

Turns out he was on the take from at least one supplement manufacturer he helped shield from investigation, left ASADA before he could face any consequences, and no-commented the whole thing.

So the two people in charge of the UFC's drug testing program are going to be a Bush FBI agent who trains with one of the sport's biggest steroid camps and a lab scientist who already helped tip the scales in favor of PED manufacturers.

It's gonna be a great year.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

So this actually got funnier today. Previously, during the initial announcements, it turned out one of the former higher-ups at the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency was going to be in charge of the UFC's in-house drug assessments:

Mike Russell, who is an excellent reporter who does not get nearly enough credit, dug this up from a decade ago:

Turns out he was on the take from at least one supplement manufacturer he helped shield from investigation, left ASADA before he could face any consequences, and no-commented the whole thing.

So the two people in charge of the UFC's drug testing program are going to be a Bush FBI agent who trains with one of the sport's biggest steroid camps and a lab scientist who already helped tip the scales in favor of PED manufacturers.

It's gonna be a great year.

i am so angry that the ufc is only going to get way sicker with ped's basically allowed because this is really funny

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it’s going to be like Brain Candy where you just get offered a dish of pills at company meetings

replace press credentials with a shot of boldenone

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 16, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

It's a feature, not a bug

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
We might as well lean into it. Funniest steroid; GO!

Mine is stanozolol because it’s right in the name.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Why is AKA one of the biggest steroid gyms? Has there been some high profile pops or is this some inside baseball talk?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Without having reviewed positive results, it's just the eye test for me.
e: and I assume you meant ATT.

fighters I assume are juicing / juiced / have gotten busted at ATT:
- Alves
- Tibau
- Arlovski
- Barboza
- Roan Carneiro
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Bigfoot
- Bobby Lashley
- King Mo
- Lombard
- Yoel
- JDS
- Shoeface
- Woodley

fighters who could very well be juicing, but pass my eye test:
- Dustin Poirier
- Pantoja
- Mike Brown
- JJ

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 16, 2023

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

kimbo305 posted:

fighters I assume are juicing:

Entire UFC roster, and Dana.

But yeah, your list is hella long

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1713885914647146884

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

This is a joke, correct? I hope?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Nope, looks like it's legit thing

He has Smesh and Wolf fragrance. $75 for the small, $150 for the large

https://superz.com/

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Street Horrrsing posted:

Why is AKA one of the biggest steroid gyms? Has there been some high profile pops or is this some inside baseball talk?

What kimbo305 said, but there have also been various stories of fighters coming out of ATT talking about the fairly open steroid culture, with Julianna Pena's being one of the more famous mostly for Dan Lambert's reaction:

quote:

UFC bantamweight contender Julianna Pena claims an unnamed coach at American Top Team (ATT) told her that most of the female fighters at the famed MMA gym, which is run by Dan Lambert in Coconut Creek, Fla., were “shooting their butts with steroids” when she spent a week on location back in 2013.

“They were welcoming me into the gym, and he was like, ‘The girls shoot themselves in the rear end in the bathroom – they do it to each other,’ and I’m like, ‘No, they don’t,’” Pena told The MMA Hour. “And he was like, ‘I swear to god, they’re all on steroids.’ I literally didn’t believe him, and he was literally like shaking me in the head, [saying], ‘I promise, they’re doing it.’ That was my experience training at American Top Team. But that was pre-[U.S. Anti-Doping Agency].”

Lambert responded “LOL” when reached for comment by MMA Fighting.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Thanks for the info guys. It's not as if the gym that was founded from selling scam cruise line tickets would be impossible to consider of engaging in unethical conduct.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

drat, it's a good thing USADA cleaned up the sport and caught all those people then.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fighters may still receive USADA lab employees at their home demanding samples, but they needn't worry; these are just pulsing testers.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Scratching at the doors begging for piss like the zombies from Return of the Living Dead.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I couldn’t find anything with a search, but I thought some prominent MMA gym’s members got caught with a poo poo ton of pills. I thought it was ATT but maybe I’m totally misremembering.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

I couldn’t find anything with a search, but I thought some prominent MMA gym’s members got caught with a poo poo ton of pills. I thought it was ATT but maybe I’m totally misremembering.

I vaguely remember this incident and I want to say it was connected to Jackson Wink and Eric Blasich, who Jon Jones alleges is the guy that gave him the boner pills that were laced with East German steroids.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
been out of commission due to ~stuff~

any of the fights last weekend worth a watch?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

been out of commission due to ~stuff~

any of the fights last weekend worth a watch?

Most of the card wasn't bad, actually. Barboza/Yusuff, Martinez/Yanez and Elkins/Brown were the most fun altogether fights, Pereira/Petroski and McKinney/Marotte were the most fun fights that could've been gifs.

Also, on the topic of Bellator being sold off, I guess this is probably why:
https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/1714312198150070541
Kind of wild to be one of the only networks getting OUT of the live sports model in 2023, but go with god, I guess.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Most of the card wasn't bad, actually. Barboza/Yusuff, Martinez/Yanez and Elkins/Brown were the most fun altogether fights, Pereira/Petroski and McKinney/Marotte were the most fun fights that could've been gifs.

Also, on the topic of Bellator being sold off, I guess this is probably why:
https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/1714312198150070541
Kind of wild to be one of the only networks getting OUT of the live sports model in 2023, but go with god, I guess.

drat. Guess this is why Luke Thomas has been so openly stressed. RIP Morning Kombat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also, Mayra Bueno Silva's been suspended until the end of November and had her win over Holly Holm turned into a no-contest. One more of those awful Ritalin abusers off the streets.