Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

*even further down the rabbit hole* There is another reasonably traceable factor to kicker performance that is currently being looked at: coaches and teams may use kickers differently at the beginning of the season vs. the end of the season, AND it varies on good teams vs bad teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Should I trade an RB for Brock Purdy and ditch the qbs? If so which. I only have one win so far 🥲
Other team i would trade already has Hurts.

I guess you could trade Rachaad White for Purdy and drop Love for a RB or WR, since Love shouldnt be owned in 1 QB leagues. But that would probably just give you a weekly headache of which of Goff or Purdy to start.

Trading any of your other RBs for Purdy would be terrible.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Thanks for the input, friends! Appreciate it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
All this kicker talk has been making me stress out about starting either Fairbairn or Aubrey and it sounds like they’re both good kickers and it’s all random anyway.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

If Akers steals any touchdowns from Mattison against the Bears' soft, squishy defense, I'm going to lose my poo poo.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How are other LaPorta holders handling today? I think he's going to play but as of right now I'm slotting Kmet in my TE position.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nice! I've tried to do the same a couple times this year but haven't had any luck yet.
Whoops now I’m seeing reports he’s (Jefferson) out like 6 weeks and if they’re losing they might shut him down lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Whoops now I’m seeing reports he’s (Jefferson) out like 6 weeks and if they’re losing they might shut him down lol

I’m going to be mega bummed if that’s the case, partially because I have JJ, and partially because he’s fun to watch

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Thanks for the reality checks y'all. I think I'm just antsy because I feel my team's been over performing and is gonna crash down to Earth at some point (probably the week after the trade deadline). Also my bench is real thin which I never enjoy.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

coronaball posted:

I guess you could trade Rachaad White for Purdy and drop Love for a RB or WR, since Love shouldnt be owned in 1 QB leagues. But that would probably just give you a weekly headache of which of Goff or Purdy to start.

Trading any of your other RBs for Purdy would be terrible.

as a purdy owner I'd laugh at a white-for-purdy offer

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.

Vargo posted:

How are other LaPorta holders handling today? I think he's going to play but as of right now I'm slotting Kmet in my TE position.

I've got him in my TE slot and not bothering with a backup. If they say during the early games that he's a no-go I guess I'll grab one of Higbee, Conklin, Knox for the meager points they offer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have way too many players to disappoint me on the Ravens/Titans. Like I have Kyle Hamilton. I started Tyjae Spears. lmao

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Vargo posted:

Same.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

Totally. That’s why every year’s consensus #1 ranked kicker Justin Tucker is *checks notes* 29th overall in points scored by kickers.

You just had to open your goddamn mouth didn't you

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm thrilled Justin Fucker has finally shown up.

I am not even correcting that typo.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Tom Tucker posted:

I will let everyone here know whether I’m starting Fields from now on so they can do the opposite.

Forgot to tell everyone I was starting Fields sorry

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

I just came in here to complain about Fields, and I found my answer you jerk.

Obviously joking, but man this seems like it should have been a great match up.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
You can't sit him but boy howdy is it depressing having to start Bijan lately.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thrilled to report that I played Logan Thomas in TE today, which means he’s currently not doing well and Hunter Henry is going to get like 14 points on the raiders

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

And now he's hurt gently caress offffffff

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Thrilled to report that I played Logan Thomas in TE today, which means he’s currently not doing well and Hunter Henry is going to get like 14 points on the raiders

At this point I’m going to do exactly the opposite of you. I’m in the same boat.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Also played Logan Thomas. I'm just gonna roll out Waller from now on.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

At this point I’m going to do exactly the opposite of you. I’m in the same boat.

I’ll make sure to update everyone itt with which TE I go with from now on

In the past having a worthless TE didn’t matter since JJ tended to over perform his projection by however much my TE underperformed, but lol Welp!!

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Looks like Richardson might be done for the season?

In my dynasty league, I picked up Minshew and have Mac Jones as my QB’s. So not good despite the the fact that someone here loves Minshew.

Should I try to get Howell off the wire for ROS (maybe more for dynasty sake, cut ties with Jones?)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Floofy posted:

Looks like Richardson might be done for the season?

In my dynasty league, I picked up Minshew and have Mac Jones as my QB’s. So not good despite the the fact that someone here loves Minshew.

Should I try to get Howell off the wire for ROS (maybe more for dynasty sake, cut ties with Jones?)

"I opened my parachute and instead I found an anchor inside. Should I cut it loose? I feel like I've sunk a lot of cost into it..."

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol Demercado is getting out touched by Damien Williams who I didn’t even realize was currently on a roster

Also it’s really unfortunate that Adam’s is like the third option on the Raiders now for some reason

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Docjowles posted:

lol Demercado is getting out touched by Damien Williams who I didn’t even realize was currently on a roster

Also it’s really unfortunate that Adam’s is like the third option on the Raiders now for some reason

Davante got the poo poo popped out of him on a pass play early, I don't think he knows what state he's in right now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

saintonan posted:

Davante got the poo poo popped out of him on a pass play early, I don't think he knows what state he's in right now.

He’s seeing two Taco Bells in his house.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

saintonan posted:

God drat it

Also may have lost Montgomery. This is really not my year

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

"I opened my parachute and instead I found an anchor inside. Should I cut it loose? I feel like I've sunk a lot of cost into it..."

I think I’m picking up what you’re laying down

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Docjowles posted:

God drat it

Also may have lost Montgomery. This is really not my year

I have him in both my leagues. And with Bijan underperforming my RB situation is not good. I think Rashaad White will be my rb2 since Pierce and AJ Dillion turned out to suck.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sataere posted:

The minute you go chalk, you're getting eliminated. Keep spitting in the football gods eye

:boom:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It would appear that Kupp and Nacua had become a decided thing lol

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tom Tucker posted:

Fistbump for the “started Fields on weeks 1-3 and 6” crew :sadpeanut:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Nacua almost had a TD to save his fantasy day but I think I may swap him with Thielen for my flex slot next week. It’s a shame because he’s so much fun to watch when he gets fed the ball but Kupp is so drat good how do you throw anywhere else??

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

You're the football version of that part in groundhog day when bill murray repeatedly tries to kill himself but is unable to

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RCarr posted:

Totally. That’s why every year’s consensus #1 ranked kicker Justin Tucker is *checks notes* 29th overall in points scored by kickers.

goddamn you. Now I'm going against top two kickers in both leagues :smith:

Meanwhile I played Moody lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I got outscored at kicker 1-18 and lost by one point and I blame this thread for talking about it.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

All this kicker talk made Elliot crumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Justin Tucker heard all of you talkin' poo poo.