Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel is doing movie Nazi evil poo poo every hour of every day. I don't think a lot of people can process what's happening. This was actually inconceivable to them.

it’s kind of inconceivable to me tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Biden saying he's confident Israel will protect innocent lives is loving incredible. What does he think happens to 2 million people under a total siege?

He also said we can back two separate wars and defended it with something like "we're the United States, come on" when anyone paying attention knows both Israel and US dug into their armor lies for Ukraine, then had to start giving Ukraine old unused cluster munitions instead, then complained how Russia was out producing them 7 to 1 on artillery.

He's just doing statesman poo poo. Behind the scenes, the US probably can't back a war past a certain point and the state department is making GBS threads themselves over this spiraling into a regional thing that will overwhelm our capacity

It second up before I. The U/R thread and of course the US will lose WWIII thread, but I think the US doesn't have quite the war fighting capability we pretend to thanks to neoliberal rot and grift

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

I'm holding on to hope that the Israeli cabinet will actually have their asses hauled out to The Hague while simultaneously feeling incredibly foolish for doing so. The copium is strong here.

Who do you think they are, a bunch of Kony 2012s?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol yeah okay so he was about to be deported were it not for the timely intervention of a member of the US military and what a surprise now she's his handler!

lol, lmao

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Homeless Friend posted:

radiroot has been compromised

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Phigs posted:

It should be literally impossible for deeply political people to back parties in America. Impossible.

If you're just random workers who just don't really get political except to vote every 4 years then whatever. But politically active people should not be able to make it work. If they can it means their politics are complete poo poo and/or purely aesthetic.

bingo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

text editor posted:

He also said we can back two separate wars and defended it with something like "we're the United States, come on" when anyone paying attention knows both Israel and US dug into their armor lies for Ukraine, then had to start giving Ukraine old unused cluster munitions instead, then complained how Russia was out producing them 7 to 1 on artillery.

He's just doing statesman poo poo. Behind the scenes, the US probably can't back a war past a certain point and the state department is making GBS threads themselves over this spiraling into a regional thing that will overwhelm our capacity

It second up before I. The U/R thread and of course the US will lose WWIII thread, but I think the US doesn't have quite the war fighting capability we pretend to thanks to neoliberal rot and grift

They may be scared of the fact that they have to plan for a political settlement, which is tantamount to Hamas winning. If the warfighting capacities of the US military and the IDF aren't enough to maintain a regional conflict then they have to fight to a point where they can quit while they're ahead. If they won't be able to defeat the Axis of Resistance outright then it means concessions. We don't negotiate and we don't make concessions, we're the imperial core!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/AnonymousLeftie/status/1713788222231232936

If zionists say the word Palestinian their face melts like the nazis in the Lost Ark

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

John Oliver is an American citizen. On purpose. Willingly.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

A lot of people are saying this is just as bad as 9/11.

I remember 9/11. This is so much worse.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol yeah okay so he was about to be deported were it not for the timely intervention of a member of the US military and what a surprise now she's his handler!

jealous ?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

John Oliver is an American citizen. On purpose. Willingly.

Being a British citizen is the worse of two bad choices.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I remember 9/11. This is so much worse.

how? America lost two cool rear end skyscrapers

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Huragok posted:

They were ugly as poo poo

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Huragok posted:

of all the cool and interesting tall buildings in new york you're telling me the two graph paper straight solid rectangles were cool?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Tories are most likely losing power to a Labour who has essentially become them anyway, so they can say whatever they like.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/abou_rijal/status/1713700601492824161

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

FirstnameLastname posted:

did he say Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country

That's not a stutter that's dementia and he has no business being president.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zoeb posted:

That's not a stutter that's dementia and he has no business being president.

and that's the best take of him reading off the prepared answers they could get of him.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Oliver lives in New York City with his wife Kate Norley, an Iraq War veteran who served as a United States Army medic. Oliver has said that they met at the 2008 Republican National Convention; he was reporting for The Daily Show and Norley was campaigning with Vets for Freedom.

EDIT: Oh, everyone beat me to this.

Oof

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

They were ugly as poo poo

"Lewis Mumford compared the towers to a gigantic pair of filing cabinets, while others said they looked like the boxes that the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building came in."

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/UNRWA/status/1713465609634144482

“My UNRWA colleagues in Gaza are no longer able to provide humanitarian assistance,” UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini told a press conference at UNRWA headquarters in occupied East Jerusalem. “The UNRWA operations is the largest United Nations footprint in the Gaza Strip, and we are on the verge of collapse. This is absolutely unprecedented.” Lazzarini noted water and power supplies were running out, and soon there would be no food or medicine either.

“We all know water is life – Gaza is running out of water, and Gaza is running out of life,” he said.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Rubellavator posted:

and that's the best take of him reading off the prepared answers they could get of him.

It pisses me off so much because back on Resetera, You would get screamed at by the politics thread hivemind for pointing out his dementia and called "ableist" or "ageist." He is manifestly incapable of doing his job and occupying a seat that could be held by someone who is less of a shithead.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Being a British citizen is the worse of two bad choices.

financially I have to disagree only because the british government does not pursue its citizens for debt in the way amerikkka does…also I’m not sure the uk would charge its citizens for the rescue boat ride

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

man i love hearing about resetera

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

The "it sounds callous, but this is a war!" guy should probably be investigated for war crimes in his closet, he doesn't sound that surprised or upset about starving 2 million civilians

He should have said "It sounds callous and extremely stupid" because the population are not going to try to oust the heavily trained and armed army on the word of the IDF that they will be left alone after that.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Oliver lives in New York City with his wife Kate Norley, an Iraq War veteran who served as a United States Army medic. Oliver has said that they met at the 2008 Republican National Convention; he was reporting for The Daily Show and Norley was campaigning with Vets for Freedom.

EDIT: Oh, everyone beat me to this.

I swear to God, the Ukraine thread has made someone being a medic a red flag to me

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

gently caress off biden you nasty old retard

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KomradeX posted:

I swear to God, the Ukraine thread has made someone being a medic a red flag to me

Caro was ahead of his time.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

evilmiera posted:

He should have said "It sounds callous and extremely stupid" because the population are not going to try to oust the heavily trained and armed army on the word of the IDF that they will be left alone after that.

they have no means to do so and Israel knows that

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

man i love hearing about resetera

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Zoeb posted:

Resetera

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
one piece vs one state

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

KomradeX posted:

Between Starmer and that Israeli guy who compared Palestinians to mosquitos, the other red flag for lovely person seems to be human rights lawyer.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
also reminder since ppl dont click other threads

is there anything posted for charity for this in gbs or somewhere bc something strictly for that would prob. be good

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Singer is canceled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uMi7QPxsQk

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1713397950016008295

lmao

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
every little while I have to remind myself to take in the current events within the context of the US and Israeli security states being the true perpetrators of 9/11(in a literal remote detonation sense), I then get a rising panic in my chest and push the thought away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gradenko_2000 posted:

free captainACAB