Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

AlphaKeny1 posted:

do you also get upset that smash brothers ultimate does not have wavedashing?

upset is an interesting word to use for my opinion on this game that I like a lot, but wish was slightly more challenging

But no. I mean yes? Which makes reddit angrier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

They pirated the game and are rushing in here to give us their really uninteresting opinions on the game because it makes them feel special.

this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BabyRyoga posted:

Also, the game isn't really challenging at all (about 45%% of the way through with everything forseeable).

mario games always backload their challenging content or save it for the bonus worlds so this really doesn’t say anything of value

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My local target sucks because they don’t have the kiosk. Booooooooooooo.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
any base model switch dock recommendations which aren't super expensive like the official one?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Lazy Fair posted:

any base model switch dock recommendations which aren't super expensive like the official one?

Relative question. I found a regular official one for $15 a few months ago. Got a Fortnite official one off eBay for $35 shipped.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

American McGay posted:

They pirated the game and are rushing in here to give us their really uninteresting opinions on the game because it makes them feel special.

This is correct.

My uninteresting opinion is that Wonder is good and everyone should play it

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

*cough*cough* I feel a cold coming on Friday afternoon after ups swings by.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Better gets some utz to enjoy after the ups delivery.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lazy Fair posted:

Genki Covert dock

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

eightysixed posted:

Better gets some utz to enjoy after the ups delivery.

The cheese ball things?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Did anyone play the Famicom Detective Club games? Was scrolling through my Deku Deals list and forgot I had those on there. A lot of random localized stuff on my list actually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, they're decent mystery VNs with pretty high production values for that sort of thing, downside is despite some QoL additions they're still 80's Japanese adventure games and require a lot of trying every option multiple times to advance and other obtuse stuff.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The second one (The Girl Who Stands Behind) is better about being an obtuse 80's adventure game, so if you only try one, start with that one and if you want more, you can always grab the other one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nintendo gimme Tomadachi Life 2, you cowards.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I can't speak for the Switch version as I'm playing it on PS4, but Lil' Gator Game is absolutely adorable. Think the "vibes" (dialogue, etc.) of A Short Hike, mixed with a small open wilderness you can traverse with BotW mechanics (glider, stamina for climbing etc).

Actually, I'm thinking this would probably be a pretty good game to use as "kiddo's first open-world exploration game"?

Also, there's a ragdoll button. :dance:

Inzombiac posted:

Nintendo gimme Tomadachi Life 2 an actual new entry in the Style Savvy series , you cowards.

:hai:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we will not be whole again until Rusty's Real Deal 2 wherein once again his wife left and took the kids

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

I can't speak for the Switch version as I'm playing it on PS4, but Lil' Gator Game is absolutely adorable. Think the "vibes" (dialogue, etc.) of A Short Hike, mixed with a small open wilderness you can traverse with BotW mechanics (glider, stamina for climbing etc).

Actually, I'm thinking this would probably be a pretty good game to use as "kiddo's first open-world exploration game"?

Also, there's a ragdoll button. :dance:

:hai:

i haven't played gator game but smushi come home is also really good for this

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yaMs0lnInM

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Looper posted:

i haven't played gator game but smushi come home is also really good for this

Oh, that looks absolutely adorable! Wish-listed. :cheers:

I have to testify at a court hearing next week and it's really been stressing me out, so I've been binging some really chill games every night before bed, whether it be Gator Game, Detective Pikachu 2, House Flipper, etc.

Speaking of, a new Style Savvy would fit this perfectly! I know there's a "sequel" coming up, but it seems like they removed all of the store management aspects...meaning I have less than zero interest in it. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone get the Red Dead Redemption port?

No way I'm gonna get it at full price but if it runs well I could drop $20 down the road.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Nintendo gimme Tomadachi Life 2, you cowards.

They haven't seemed to remember Miis are a thing for a few years. Maybe this will happen when they do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If they make a new Tomodachi life they'd have to let you be gay in it and they'd rather just not make one

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

symbolic posted:

is the "worst" parts about Wonder are that it might not be easy to shove its content into MM3 and that it's not Lost Levels hard it's going to be the greatest 2D Mario of all time

idk if it beats smb3 but i admittedly have a huge soft spot for smb3 so i can't be a fair judge. i can say that wonder is insanely good and i can't wait for everyone else to dive in in a few days, it's beautiful and fantastic and fun and i really have no complaints.

nintendo knocks it out of the park yet again. wintendo.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Mario's new voice sucks

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Who gives a poo poo about the content creation side of Mario romhack stuff what a weird thing to fixate on

Was that breakdown originally meant for a specific ultra niche subreddit or something and they didn't care either so it was posted here too?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Mario's new voice sucks

The Wonder voice is lightyears better than the Mario Movie, and only a bit worse than the clasic.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shammypants posted:

The Wonder voice is lightyears better than the Mario Movie, and only a bit worse than the clasic.

How’s the new guy’s Luigi voice out of curiosity (I believe every other character in the game besides those two retains their previous VA)?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All the voices can be heard on like any preview video I'm sure there's a direct feed gamexplain or Nintendo Life video

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wario will be the hardest to get right. the voice in the Wario Ware trailer isn’t great

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't afford wonder right now because my gaming budget is going towards smrpg remake, so instead i am fully completing every 2d mario game available on switch for the billionth time (except mario land 2, that will be the first time cuz i only have mario land 1 for my gameboy). extremely hot take after finishing 1, 2 and 3: classic mario games are very good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Wario will be the hardest to get right. the voice in the Wario Ware trailer isn’t great

Do we know if the same guy who took over as the Mario Bros is also doing Wario yet?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'll probably end up getting Wonder with my remaining voucher, SMRPG is ultimately a remake (even if it's from a good game) while Wonder does seem to both be a safe 2D Mario but adding new style and small shakeups to the formula.

Also I can always ask for SMRPG as a Christmas gift at a time where I'm more free to play longer RPG games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Larryb posted:

Do we know if the same guy who took over as the Mario Bros is also doing Wario yet?

I think if he were he’d mention it in his twitter post unless hes under NDA. Im leaning towards it being a different guy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If their history of reusing old voice clips from the GameCube era in every new game is any indication Nintendo is incredibly cheap when it comes to these sort of things and now that they’ve freed themselves from the shackles of Chuck they’ll probably just pick some random cheap guy off Fiver for every new game (there’s a new Wario game coming out in a couple weeks with probably another random dude). They don’t want there to be a new “voice of Mario” in the videogames. They don’t want people thinking about that poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Wario guy can probably say a week before the game comes out

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'll probably end up getting Wonder with my remaining voucher, SMRPG is ultimately a remake (even if it's from a good game) while Wonder does seem to both be a safe 2D Mario but adding new style and small shakeups to the formula.

Also I can always ask for SMRPG as a Christmas gift at a time where I'm more free to play longer RPG games.

I got two vouchers so I could get both. :smug:

And Princess Peach as my 4th.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Silver Falcon posted:

I got two vouchers so I could get both. :smug:

And Princess Peach as my 4th.

Well it's my leftover voucher from Zelda so yeah :smug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

smrpg is my favorite game of all time so i can't not get the remake on release

plus wonder looks great but it doesn't have booster in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Where the gently caress is NES Remix Deluxe? :colbert:

It doesn't exist, but it should.