Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was forced to take the lovely maze like labyrinthine hell that is the Varuun vessel I took over because the door back to my ship was loving locked for noooooooooo reason

I am extremely sad about this turn of events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

8one6 posted:

It's on the extreme far right of the star map.

Note: if you zoom in your camera on the map you'll never see the system because it's close to the map camera. Be zoomed all the way out.

Can't wait for the map view mods like everything else lol

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

never enough drip.

Meowywitch posted:

I was forced to take the lovely maze like labyrinthine hell that is the Varuun vessel I took over because the door back to my ship was loving locked for noooooooooo reason

I am extremely sad about this turn of events

sit in pilot seat, hit x?

FuzzySlippers posted:

Note: if you zoom in your camera on the map you'll never see the system because it's close to the map camera. Be zoomed all the way out.

Can't wait for the map view mods like everything else lol

?? like this?
its 2 mods, one allows you to dive in and pull back out furthur and another that shows all the names.
you know, like an actual map.

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 16, 2023

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

FuzzySlippers posted:

I think Sam is actually more annoying as a crew member than Sarah because he has such repetitive barks with his daughter. They like to come hang out next to my chair while flying and repeat the same poo poo over and over. At least Sarah shuts the gently caress up on the bridge.

I don't take either on missions. It's just Barrett or the snake lady.

Non Constellation crew are the best though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3245
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3081

These help with Sam and Cora. A least a bit...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I assume the answer is no as usual but is it possible to craft your own ammo via perks? Getting close to trying out some mods to make melee weapons/mods and ammo

the whole crafting system needs such an overhaul. Letting you disconnect and reconnect ship parts instead of deleting them. Not needing a billion perks to make a good spacesuit etc when you find better as is

Jose fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 16, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jose posted:

I assume the answer is no as usual but is it possible to craft your own ammo via perks? Getting close to trying out some mods to make melee weapons/mods and ammo

the whole crafting system needs such an overhaul. Letting you disconnect and reconnect ship parts instead of deleting them. Not needing a billion perks to make a good spacesuit etc when you find better as is

It also needs to let you actually break down the various pieces of junk you can pick up and hoard in the game, or else make it so you can't pick them up at all. At least in Fallout 4, you could use most of the trash you collected in crafting in some way, and in Skyrim you could (usually) set the stuff down in place without worrying about it being flung back into your inventory the moment you decided to redecorate another room.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I added a ton of cargo to my ship including some that is shielded. Do I just stick the contraband in the regular cargo holding? I don't appear to see any other way to reach the shielded hold

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I played Cyberpunk 2077 right after Starfield and I like different things in the games, but what was really refreshing is that scanner highlights don't light up entire rooms full of lootable, but completely useless notepads and cupholders in CP2077.

Starfield should ditch the lootable trash, not add incentives to loot and process it IMO.

Jose posted:

I added a ton of cargo to my ship including some that is shielded. Do I just stick the contraband in the regular cargo holding? I don't appear to see any other way to reach the shielded hold
You just add it to your regular cargo hold and the game calculates a % chance for contraband to be detected, I think based on how much your contraband weighs vs. your shielded cargo capacity (ie. if you have 200 shielded cargo, 200 contraband has a higher chance to be detected than 10).

The feature is almost entirely worthless, you're better off carrying cargo to the Den or the Key to sell it off.

orcane fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 16, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orcane posted:

I played Cyberpunk 2077 right after Starfield and I like different things in the games, but what was really refreshing is that scanner highlights don't light up entire rooms full of lootable, but completely useless notepads and cupholders in CP2077.

Starfield should ditch the lootable trash, not add incentives to loot and process it IMO.

One of the things they did with a recent patch was to physically take all that poo poo out of the environments, so it's not just that the scanner isn't highlighting it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

One of the things they did with a recent patch was to physically take all that poo poo out of the environments, so it's not just that the scanner isn't highlighting it.
Yeah that's what I mean. There is no pointless trash to highlight and pick up (anymore) and it's really refreshing after Starfield where your scanner outlines every used coffee mug, succulent and pen in the room because you can pick them up and take them with you, but shouldn't.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is getting digipick master worth it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jose posted:

The last perk didn't seem worth it but I wanted to unlock all the locks. Generally there's nothing good in whatever safe, but it will get you into vents and shortcuts sometimes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wasted a pick last night on a door that really should have only been locked from one side because it turned out to be a shortcut to the final room and I was already there

Probably would have noticed if maps weren't illegal in the future

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jose posted:

Not at all

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
The last rank (rank 4) of security isn't worth it at all imo because it only lets you bank more successes or whatever.

Rank 3 is questionable because while it allows you to unlock Master level locks, only rarely is something worthwhile gated behind them.

Of something like a few dozen master level locks I think I've found a couple doors and 1 computer system that was helpful and couldn't be solved other ways. Most of the crates have offensively bad loot in them, like 100 credits and a lovely Eon pistol, and in at least one case was completely empty.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

DarkHorse posted:

a lovely Eon pistol

But the value to weight ratio! I started this game picking up everything that was 100/1 but that quickly changed to 1000/1 and is now at 2000/1.

I seem to recall a couple times lock-picking making made getting through a mission slightly faster but couldn’t give specific examples.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

DarkHorse posted:

Rank 3 is questionable because while it allows you to unlock Master level locks, only rarely is something worthwhile gated behind them.

Rank 3 was completely useless for me, since the game bugged out and let me unlock Master level locks with only rank 2, as far as Bethesda bugs go that's really benign.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean, if theres a specific level you want to stop using skill pointz and you are getting near it, there's other things to spend it on.
I have no idea what kinda things you are aiming for in the playthrough, but bethesda made sure that everything is as clunky and as time//effort gated as possible, due to this, I don't feel bad just chucking the entire system out the window and consoling myself a bunch of exp and skills. a whole bunch of stuff is broken as well, "Ship Command" being one of them, I specifically uppgraded the constellation ship and just flew that, so by now mine should be maxed, instead it got to level 3 and stopped noticing kills, (of the right size ship and crew amount, I killed a lot of big ones)

I dunno if its just me, but if it is affecting others : player.addperk 002C53B3

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 16, 2023

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

orcane posted:

Yeah that's what I mean. There is no pointless trash to highlight and pick up (anymore) and it's really refreshing after Starfield where your scanner outlines every used coffee mug, succulent and pen in the room because you can pick them up and take them with you, but shouldn't.

It's like the one thing they brought back from Morrowind, although Morrowind generally has much smaller buildings.

YMMV if that makes it good. I like Morrowind lots.

Just don't pick all of it up, noones forcing you.

E: Though admittedly in Morrowind the rubbish tends to have a decent weight/value, so maybe that's something that could change. But then it would make people pick it up even more. It's a hard balance to strike.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 16, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

orcane posted:

As always, there's a mod that fixes this particular problem

Burden Me Not - https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/809

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Vacum tape's already got a mod to make it into adhesive, I am sure that a bunch of people can sit down and "usefulise" the clutter, probably mildly autistic people, probably me. (dont ask how much time I spent doing this in fallout 4) "so, you only get wood from a tv set? really? I'll see about that!"
aka; when sfedit comes along, i''m on it like herpes on a missionary
also making poo poo at workbenches, but with that is the problem of teirs and personal preferance, but otoh, you have 20 spacesuits but one body? break dat poo poo down into components, same with everything else, not to mention mods for melee weapons, MODS FOR SHIP WEAPONS?! omg, point me at a previously uncontacted tribe mama!

isndl posted:

Waiting for modders to let us use contraband like xenowarfare tech to make cool pets instead of selling for worthless credits.

Calm down Elon
great idea though.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 16, 2023

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Waiting for modders to let us use contraband like xenowarfare tech to make cool pets instead of selling for worthless credits.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

staberind posted:

I mean, if theres a specific level you want to stop using skill pointz and you are getting near it, there's other things to spend it on.
I have no idea what kinda things you are aiming for in the playthrough, but bethesda made sure that everything is as clunky and as time//effort gated as possible, due to this, I don't feel bad just chucking the entire system out the window and consoling myself a bunch of exp and skills. a whole bunch of stuff is broken as well, "Ship Command" being one of them, I specifically uppgraded the constellation ship and just flew that, so by now mine should be maxed, instead it got to level 3 and stopped noticing kills, (of the right size ship and crew amount, I killed a lot of big ones)

I dunno if its just me, but if it is affecting others : player.addperk 002C53B3

I'm wondering if the perk was "bugged" due to Sarah not actually counting as a crew member but suddenly on my current playthrough it started counting again and I finally got another level of it.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

isndl posted:

Mechs! They’re just big power armor anyway. Surely there’s mech dlc coming though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Mechs! They’re just big power armor anyway. Surely there’s mech dlc coming though.

its very chekov's mech, eh?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Rank 4 of lockpicking should have been auto picklock. I have zero problems with the little mini game but some places have like 50 locked things and I'm just tired of doing it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Vacuum tape and duct tape not normally counting as adhesive is absurd

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Why lockpick anything, I just mash "cancel" whenever I accidentally enter the minigame while rooting through people's trash.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I assume anybody who has modded their starmap has seen these?

Any ideas on how to get there?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lollerich posted:

I'm assuming they're further out than 30ly? I'd say mod the grav drive on the ship for a longer jump but there doesn't appear to be a grav drive distance mod yet.

Any was to pull the cell ID?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yes, the person who made the mods say that the game crashed when they went there..

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Lollerich posted:

What two testes do alone by themselves is none of your business

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

staberind posted:

Yes, the person who made the mods say that the game crashed when they went there..

So the system "test1," presumably used to test the game, is broken

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Probably it's just there to test the starmap and has no world space associated with it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Inspector Hound posted:

So the system "test1," presumably used to test the game, is broken

absoluitely inexplicably.
:iiam:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Isn't there a mod out there that removes all limits for spaceship building? So you could probably stack a bunch of grav drives on eachother to get enough jump lenght, but why would you if it crashes the game, that already happens on its own

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
gravdrives are the only hard limit so far, put 2 on, it goes to 0, and i think we now know why

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I love when the weird conspiracy theories come out

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

heard u like girls posted:

Isn't there a mod out there that removes all limits for spaceship building? So you could probably stack a bunch of grav drives on eachother to get enough jump lenght, but why would you if it crashes the game, that already happens on its own

It says unknow error when you click on them, so you can't jump there anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Magmarashi posted:

I love when the weird conspiracy theories come out

Stolen from Smee, who found it somewhere.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 16, 2023