Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

i was sure they “named” the ghost , although yeah the actual story is a complete lie

IIRC some people who believed the myth started contacting family members of Ukrainian pilots (some alive, some dead in combat) and thanking them for their ghost service, so the Ukraine Air Force told everyone it was not true and please stop cold-calling random family members of pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

my bony fealty posted:

Wasn't the snake island story also made up which means there's a bunch of clowns with gangtags based entirely on false propaganda

They did tell a warship to gently caress itself, the lie was the claim that they all fought to the death instead of surrendering

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Danann posted:

I think it's because Biden's administration (and by extension Obama's) only know how to govern by bourgeois-style mass mobilization. In other words, government-coordinated mass media campaigns where everyone knows the talking points and which messages get all the airtime and which ones don't.

It apparently worked for getting over covid and seems to have worked initially for the war in Ukraine. The demand for people to not believe their lying eyes and ears over Gaza however may be the straw that breaks the camel's back when the mobilization for Bidenomics was already insulting the intelligence of people. Governance by campaign has a limited lifespan and now that the narrative has crashed into reality, it's going to be increasingly louder screaming against an apathetic audience.

It worked for COVID because people not being able to go to Applebees for 6 months was the greatest amount of "tyranny" some of these people have ever experienced so were receptive to going back like nothing had happened. The Ukraine war, well like that one psycho bragged, plenty of older people in this country were trained from birth to hate the Russians, that running into the people lookinf ro punish them for Her Turn Denied, made the perfect storm for people begging for nuclear war.

Israel/Palestine on the other hand is an old hat issue, even if I think since Trump won it was put on the back burner most people have their minds made up and even if the inbuilt support from being shocked at such a massive surprise operation is easily over come by how obviously genocidal they're being and I think their all out ad campaign is back firing, if you have to have everyother ad on youtube tell you Hamas = ISIS people can smell bullshit

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

mlmp08 posted:

IIRC some people who believed the myth started contacting family members of Ukrainian pilots (some alive, some dead in combat) and thanking them for their ghost service, so the Ukraine Air Force told everyone it was not true and please stop cold-calling random family members of pilots.

wow, did you tell them that would be incredibly disrespectful?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Tom Guycot posted:

Lmao Ukraine is now so officially yesterday's news and forgotten by the public, even this thread for it has moved on to video game chat.

I started romancing Israel, but then Ukraine became available, so I started banging her, but now the game is forcing me to pick one. Sorry Ukraine, but Israel is my bae. I'll catch you on my second playthrough.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Another night falls on a free Kyiv :unsmith:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

To be clear, I make no claims against Larian studios
Swen's a libertarian lol

i like bg3 tho, good game. can't wait until they finish it.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
IME this week the average normie thinks that every Muslim should die because they are baby decapitating savages so idk how poorly Israel is doing

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

my bony fealty posted:

Wasn't the snake island story also made up which means there's a bunch of clowns with gangtags based entirely on false propaganda

Yes, the initial story was that the garrison on Snake Island died heroically defending the Island from the Russians after their defiant stance against the Russian warship demanding their surrender - "Russian warship go gently caress yourself"

Then a few days later it was revealed that the entire garrison had actually surrendered on demand, nobody died (or maybe 1 person died I can't remember) and the entire event was fabricated for western media

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

One advantage for Ukraine is that with everyone focusing on Gaza nobody is dwelling on the counteroffensive being a failure.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Puppy Burner posted:

IME this week the average normie thinks that every Muslim should die because they are baby decapitating savages so idk how poorly Israel is doing

What about the Crimean Tatars?

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

Резидент posted:

Another setback for the President's Office on the international track, all these failures form a negative image of Zelensky.
Zelensky wanted to come to Israel with U.S. Secretary of State Blinken last week, but he was told that now was "not the right time."

This is stated by the Ynet publication with reference to sources.

They hope at Bankova that the transfer will take place later, but I take into account all the layouts in Israel, they clearly do not want to see our President there, so as not to set Russia against.
(from t.me/rezident_ua/20141, via tgsa)

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Homeless Friend posted:

There is this persistent idea of a 'fall' into fascism happening in the United States. Can anybody explain what this would mean for any random American? In daily life, what is the big and stark difference?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ouch

Zelenskyy being put into the corner :(

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://x.com/deitaone/status/1713892924037984688

https://x.com/firstsquawk/status/1713893416541602277

https://x.com/firstsquawk/status/1713893374392967330

Slava?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol owned

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

:smith:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1713926089951641793?s=20

quote:

I welcomed the US Special Representative for Ukraine’s Economic Recovery, Penny Pritzker.

This visit conveys a message of strong and lasting US support. We discussed the protection of Ukraine's energy infrastructure as winter approaches, as well as critical recovery needs.

Ukraine invites greater American private investment in long-term projects in agriculture, engineering, chemical production, and other areas of our economy.

I am grateful to President Biden, both parties in the US Congress, and the American people for their support for Ukraine.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1713958322674778463

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Score one for Israel, they know this rear end in a top hat is just going to try and muscle in on the spotlight. "Our struggles, they are so alike!"

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

lmao president virgin

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
ghosted of kiev lol

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

OctaMurk posted:

ghosted of kiev lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hahaha

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmfao

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

What about the Crimean Tatars?

how do they pronounce bread?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i give it six weeks until the big Z man is seen as an annoyance by liberals

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
"Z-man? Is that some kind of new nickname the CHUDs have given the CHEETO BANDITO?"

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

ghosted of kiev lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please sir, may we have some attention

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I miss this thread getting several hundred posts every day, a few of them were quite interesting :(

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

One advantage for Ukraine is that with everyone focusing on Gaza nobody is dwelling on the counteroffensive being a failure.
tbf every flag emoji lib has quietly removed all their flags and forgotten about it even before i/p.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Xaris posted:

tbf every flag emoji lib has quietly removed all their flags and forgotten about it even before i/p.

you have the rare ones that have both a Ukraine and Israel flag emoji in their username, denoting truly brain blistering takes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

what flag will the Ukraine flag avatar trend evolve into

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Nonsense posted:

what flag will the Ukraine flag avatar trend evolve into

Hopefully 🏳️

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://x.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1713569098817310963?s=20

German journalist and ukranian booster with a sobering post. Ukraine offensive is all but over, the western weapons were ineffective against russian fortified positions and right now for every meter ukraine gains it loses 50 in other areas

Theres nothing in the current wunderwaff pipeline that will help ukraine and the attention is squarely on Israel

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pistol_Pete posted:

I miss this thread getting several hundred posts every day, a few of them were quite interesting :(

Posters march to the sound of the guns.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pistol_Pete posted:

To be fair, this thread was slowing down even before I-P popped off. The counteroffensive is over, Russia is doing their own stuff but its a grind once again, and mud season is just going to slow everything down even more until December.

At this point, the next big predictable event is if the US is able to resume aid to Ukraine or if it all gets sent to Israel instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This thread slowed down after Prigozhin had his accident.

He was the most powerful poster on the field of battle and nobody rose up to take his place.