Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Terrible fantasy day for me. I just hope CMC is okay.

Oh and I continue to make the wrong decision between Tua and Fields and it's one again cost me the matchup. Probably missing the playoffs at this point.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
On track to go 4-0 in my leagues this week, first time this season. Two of them were extremely close though.

Last one to secure is my main league where my 5-0 opponent got slammed by Monty and Deebo injuries which gave me a chance. I just need 12 points out of Pollard and Aubrey tonight. Hopefully the Cowboys got their poo poo together after being trounced by the Niners last week!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Incredibly grateful to be 3-3 despite losing Dobbins and Chubb to start the year. Still don’t have a great team but I think I might be able to bullshit my way to 8-6 and make the playoffs

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
For those with Raheem Mostert money bags, what are you planning long term with him?

He's basically a one man league winner and a major piece of an historic running game.

So, this is all obviously unsustainable. Are we trading him now while his value is at an apex for a Jonathan Taylor type, or do we just let it ride?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would you trade a league winner?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Why would you trade a league winner?

Because his success is predicated on an unbelievable run of injury luck. When Jeff Wilson and Achane are back in the lineup is he still a difference maker?

I don't think he finishes the year with 30 TDs.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Assuming this is dynasty and you're not competing I would try to move him for a young, promising receiver or maybe Gibbs if you can swing it. Both JSN and Gibbs haven't performed at the levels of say Flowers or Addison but I think still have a ton of value.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ranbo das posted:

Assuming this is dynasty and you're not competing I would try to move him for a young, promising receiver or maybe Gibbs if you can swing it.

my god

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ranbo das posted:

Assuming this is dynasty and you're not competing I would try to move him for a young, promising receiver or maybe Gibbs if you can swing it. Both JSN and Gibbs haven't performed at the levels of say Flowers or Addison but I think still have a ton of value.
If I was competing I would never trade a first (or equivalent) for a 31 year old, injury prone, RB performing at an unsustainable rate.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I was competing I would never trade a first (or equivalent) for a 31 year old, injury prone, RB performing at an unsustainable rate.

This is for redraft not dynasty, but I think I'm just going to ride or die until the wheels fall off. Mostert's season is so obviously unsustainable that I doubt I get a return that could help my team.

Dude wears a number that matches his age and he's made it on a list with Priest Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson!

https://twitter.com/kyle_borg/status/1713926789632795039?s=20

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Any idea if Puka is toast as far as fantasy goes? I don't need him scoring 20 a week but 10+ would be good. I know Kupp is back which is why Puka took a big step back. I'm too ignorant of the Rams' offense and the NFL generally to make any kind of guess myself.

Also aware Puka would've scored 10+ yesterday if he hadn't dropped that pass

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 16, 2023

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ayudo posted:

For those with Raheem Mostert money bags, what are you planning long term with him?

He's basically a one man league winner and a major piece of an historic running game.

So, this is all obviously unsustainable. Are we trading him now while his value is at an apex for a Jonathan Taylor type, or do we just let it ride?
I would be trying to move him for sure if someone would pay full price for him. He'd given up a major share to Achane and Achane is slated to return post-bye. Mostert is still a startable player even with Achane back but realistically it'll be like 10 carries and a couple catches for 75 yards like he did vs the Giants, not the otherworldly production he's gotten these other weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you don’t get laughed out of the room for floating a Mostert for Gibbs trade in a dynasty league please send me an invite for said league.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I dumped Mostert between seasons in dynasty to get my roster down to 20 lol. oops!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

In redraft I think I just ride or die with Mostert at this point like OP said. Unless someone wants to throw a mother lode at you. Maybe I'm just brain damaged by having all of my players get injured and/or massively underperform their ADP. The idea of having a healthy stud sounds unbelievable.

In kicker chat, my one good team needs Dallas' K to score at least 8 tonight to stay undefeated. He's done that in 3 of 5 games so here's hoping.

edit: oh also I am mad at all of you who told me trading Waddle for Nico Collins was a slam dunk :argh: Clearly this is everyone else's fault and not my own

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I traded Mostert for Evans a few weeks ago, which I was happy about because one of the two things I was really worried about (Achane substantially cutting away at Mostert's usage and/or Mostert getting hurt) came to pass almost immediately. But then Achane and Evans got hurt and that trade is now Very Bad, at least for now. I still think the mentality is right, particularly depending on your roster construction.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Literally did Mostert + a 2 for JSN after Achane went down. Throw out a bunch of trades to contenders and mention that you're shopping around. Rice/Mims/Reed probably benefit you more than Mostert if you're rebuilding.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have an 18 point buffer with my Lamb and their Pollard going tonight, so I feel pretty good. Low score would be fine with me, or Dallas playing behind. My instincts on who to pickup and play this year have been awful, but this week I managed to do ok for a change. I still feel like an idiot for dropping Moss last week because he still had a good day yesterday, but the workload is dropping fast.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kupp and St Brown destroyed me this week. Poop

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Judgy Fucker posted:

Any idea if Puka is toast as far as fantasy goes? I don't need him scoring 20 a week but 10+ would be good. I know Kupp is back which is why Puka took a big step back. I'm too ignorant of the Rams' offense and the NFL generally to make any kind of guess myself.

I think there's room in that offense for both Puka and Kupp and this was just a down week.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Given Jamo’s performance yesterday, if you have both Puka and Jamo, which would you run? They escalated his involvement compared to last week, and it paid off big time, but I’m still not confident that he’s going to get many targets compared to Puka at this point and see it as more of a risk than a potential pay off, at least with only two games as reference.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

For once, finally, I was the one with the high score that beat the guy with the second highest score.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No one should be trading Mostert in redraft unless you're getting two top-10 scorers in return. Dude is single-handedly winning weeks for you.

I get the injury concern, but Miami isn't ramming him up the middle every play. They are getting him into space where he's less likely to get hurt.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm 2nd of 10 in standings and 8th of 10 in PF. This...is not sustainable.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I have to agree, he's a glass cannon but a cannon nonetheless.

BUT I'll say this, if you have the depth and need an upgrade somewhere like at TE, I'd go looking at the Andrews owner and see if they bite.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Judgy Fucker posted:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Given Jamo’s performance yesterday, if you have both Puka and Jamo, which would you run? They escalated his involvement compared to last week, and it paid off big time, but I’m still not confident that he’s going to get many targets compared to Puka at this point and see it as more of a risk than a potential pay off, at least with only two games as reference.

He had one bad game. And he dropped an easy TD in that game.

Kupp is the alpha, but Puka is still getting plenty of targets and looks to be a solid WR 2/3. Do not be starting Jameson Williams over him.
Targets are king. Puka just had his lowest target game and he still had 7 (nobody else on the Rams other than Kupp had more than 3). Jameson Williams is a great deep threat right now but he saw 3 targets. He's a bench stash or hail mary play if you're in injury/bye week hell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

I dumped Mostert between seasons in dynasty to get my roster down to 20 lol. oops!

And I picked him up, got three weeks out of him, and got a 2024 2nd and 2024 3rd for him. Didn’t see Achane going down though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

He had one bad game. And he dropped an easy TD in that game.

Kupp is the alpha, but Puka is still getting plenty of targets and looks to be a solid WR 2/3. Do not be starting Jameson Williams over him.
Targets are king. Puka just had his lowest target game and he still had 7 (nobody else on the Rams other than Kupp had more than 3). Jameson Williams is a great deep threat right now but he saw 3 targets. He's a bench stash or hail mary play if you're in injury/bye week hell.

Ok great, that’s exactly my thinking as well. There’s always that FOMO of “what if the lions really let him rip next week after that game”, but I think that’s probably a difference of theory vs practice

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

And I picked him up, got three weeks out of him, and got a 2024 2nd and 2024 3rd for him. Didn’t see Achane going down though.

Give me those picks. They belong to meeeeee

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1713946029123399772

Fire up your Zach Evanses, I guess

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 16, 2023

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

More injuries for the Injury God

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Williams adding injury to insult after most likely handing me my L this week.

I’m left to hope that all the field goals that got jammed in the vending machine yesterday
spill out tonight for Aubrey :ohdear:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Lol I drafted Evans and have add/dropped him like 4 times in the goon pseudo-dynasty league because I needed the space on my bench. He's not currently on my roster :sigh:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lol I drafted Evans and have add/dropped him like 4 times in the goon pseudo-dynasty league because I needed the space on my bench. He's not currently on my roster :sigh:

Oh poo poo I totally have him in one of my two dynasty leagues. Thanks for reminding me to check

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So who should I be prioritzing off the waiver wire this week for Week RB 7 fill-ins, Pollard, Henry, and Pierce are all on bye and I don't think Roschon Johnson and Jerrick McKinnon are gonna cut it :negative:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Looking forward to CeeDee Lamb's 9 point stinker tonight vs 25 from my opponent's Pollard, just to cap off a miserable past 3 weeks of terrible luck

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
On the contrary, I'm looking forward to 26 points from him now that my matchup is out of hand

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AnacondaHL posted:

Looking forward to CeeDee Lamb's 9 point stinker tonight vs 25 from my opponent's Pollard, just to cap off a miserable past 3 weeks of terrible luck

I would appreciate 25 from Pollard and 7 from Keenan Allen so thank you for your sacrifice

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Zack posted:

On the contrary, I'm looking forward to 26 points from him now that my matchup is out of hand

Oh wait, CeeDee can score 26 and Pollard scores 9 and I'd still lose, just with more brutal crushing of hope, so yea this is within range as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I need 26 from Gallup and Cooks. I don’t think either combined have hit that for a season total yet.