Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s very funny that we have 60 years of pop culture about police marksmen and hostage negotiators, 40 years about tear gas, rubber bullets, SWAT and military SF teams, 20 years about flashbangs and Tier One Operators, but in reality they’re just going to point a laser designator at wherever you’re being held.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sure the US has the "money" for another war. It just doesnt have the production capability for one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AFpost/status/1713666147273580762?s=19

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1713930337599013143

oh good, grandma yellen went and checked and the cupboard wasn't bare

christmas is saved :confuoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bgikOGb0rw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
that's why you start one so you can use the money printer to build all that capacity. double the bread double the head

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but why would you harass families of the abducted? Is it because getting hostages back would involve trade-offs and thus capitulation to the enemy's demands? Because that's still pretty psychotic to react that way :psyduck:

They want their family members not to die and that's unacceptable since it would involve negotiating with Hamas and not just wiping out all of the Gaza strip, yes.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

:eyepoop:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he's only 5'8. that's why he had to learn guitar.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s very funny that we have 60 years of pop culture about police marksmen and hostage negotiators, 40 years about tear gas, rubber bullets, SWAT and military SF teams, 20 years about flashbangs and Tier One Operators, but in reality they’re just going to point a laser designator at wherever you’re being held.

Lol you wish, they're going to key in the gps coordinates from some blurry google maps aerial photo

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

RandomBlue posted:

They want their family members not to die and that's unacceptable since it would involve negotiating with Hamas and not just wiping out all of the Gaza strip, yes.

They also want fewer accounts of Hamas being respectful dinner guests who treated the baby nice.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sure the US has the "money" for another war. It just doesnt have the production capability for one

hell we don't even have the production capability for the army we got in peacetime - the state of things like ship building and maintenance is dire.

procurement is more of a jobs program

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1713811260662255910
what an evil loving ghoul

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Don't worry guys the US can afford another war but we're gonna make the troops take loans for the equipment they are supplied with

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gotta view Palestinians as human first

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Healthcare please

no problem we can do that too and ah bummer we cant we're

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/_emrul/status/1713907504113967531

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

not sure if this is good or bad if it leads to the inevitable destruction of israel

what if it leads to the eventual destruction of the planet

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"there is no humanitarian crisis, but it's hamas' fault that there is"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feel like "The boat trip from Haifa will not be free" should be a thread title

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Don't worry guys the US can afford another war but we're gonna make the troops take loans for the equipment they are supplied with

I maybe? got bad news for you RE: troops and basic gear procurement.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We must wear the skin and adorn the skulls of our murdered fellow soldiers that we murdered to remind ourselves that we should not be kidnapped or injured, because seriously that's a Hamas trap if I've ever saw one.

"Dad I stubbed my toe" "HAMAS TRAP" BLAM BLAM BLAM. "I will wear your skull in my honor"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Oldest Man posted:

Lol you wish, they're going to key in the gps coordinates from some blurry google maps aerial photo

I'm going to try to translate the report from this artillery officer, but it looks like they just fire by map along any road heading away from IDF lines, which is somehow worse.

"Testimonies from IDF soldiers involved in the attack provide further evidence against the IDF's official story. An Israeli army infantry officer described the events of August 1 to Israeli NGO Breaking the Silence: "The minute 'Hannibal Directive' is declared on the radio, there are consequences. There's a fire procedure called the 'Hannibal fire procedure' – you fire at every suspicious place that merges with a central route. You don't spare any means." He reported that the initial burst of fire lasted three hours. An artillery soldier said his battery was "firing at a maximum fire rate" right into inhabited areas. According to the Givati Brigade inquiry, more than 2,000 bombs, missiles and shells were fired in Rafah on 1 August 2014, including 1,000 in the three hours following the capture."

e: Which makes it pretty clear, IMO, that on top of the punitive aspect, the bombardment of Gaza would appear to reflect a desire to kill as many of the hostages as possible.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Lol saying Hamas is doing things "worse than isis" as reports widely circulate that the IDF killed their own civilians in not one but two of their claimed hamas massacre sites.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

we can definitely afford another war says country always on the brink of default and government shutdowns

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

smarxist posted:

feel like "The boat trip from Haifa will not be free" should be a thread title

the boat not being free is the most late stage american capitalism poo poo ever.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's affordable if you fund it!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a.lo posted:

we can definitely afford another war says country always on the brink of default and government shutdowns

it will unite all americans

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i really want to know how much the boat ride costs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/therecount/status/1713948978553761835?s=20

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Can't decide if it's funnier if it's cheap or insanely expensive

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

what if it leads to the eventual destruction of the planet

eggs and omelttes, my good friend. Eggs, and omelttes.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/RaptorBreath/status/1713543580139024407

Krassenstein so it's almost certainly bullshit but even so lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DTI

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Don’t worry US soldiers will do the Stalingrad thing of picking up the rifle of the dead soldier in front of you and continuing the fight!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

they're gonna have to create some new line item to put on people's federal income tax when they snatch money

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1713930337599013143

oh good, grandma yellen went and checked and the cupboard wasn't bare

christmas is saved :confuoot:

they still owe me 600 bucks

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

you know with Zionists doxxing people left and right you’d think some one would have identified the dude on the cover of the ny post looking directly at the camera with a swastika on his phone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

they're gonna have to create some new line item to put on people's federal income tax when they snatch money

this is why whenever i see a lib go "we gotta raise taxes" i just laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's probably some Haliburton boat and they are going to charge the people like 40 grand a seat.