Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NECA had a resident evil toy line once. They were pretty neat. I got a few figures from that line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Someone give me a Remake 3 Jill with a suitably contemptuous “bitch can’t even swim” expression, tia.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I looked at some of the neca re stuff for my mvc2 shelf and they were too much and kind of underwhelming even at retail prices.
There was a pretty good third party nemesis coming but it kind of vanished.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I know there have been Resident Evil figures, but they’re always from the most recent game and it’s usually only a couple characters. I want a proper figure line that goes back and does classic stuff like the full STARS crew from RE1, and also more obscure stuff like the blonde lady from Revelations or Chris in his little sailor suit from RE5. And monsters.

If a much less popular series like Indiana Jones can get it, why not Resident Evil? I guarantee it would sell much better.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

You came to the wrong neighborhood, bub

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The secondary market price on some average RE dolls seems to support a proper line would do fine.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found this caveman Batman a while back. I didn't need another Batman, but I thought he would look good with Conan and friends. I was right.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Finally busted out the final fantasy tactics characters I got. I love them, but it really makes me want the last figure in the set so off I go.

if you didnt already buy it, its 33% off on BBTS rn
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/195053?o=4

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

For anyone keeping track of the deluge of Classified figures: Tripwire charges and ships tomorrow, the Crimson strike team on the 19th, and Chuckles on the 23rd.

Also if anybody finds that classic Hawkman variant in the wild and could hook me up, apparently people have found him at GameStops and Targets already.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noooo. Oh well. I guess I can have a little plastic action figure over food lmao

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thiccabod posted:

You came to the wrong neighborhood, bub

This hood has the bacony scent of Canada all over it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Don't know if anyone else here will care, but that special Edition of Dragon Ball: The Breakers that comes with the Cell Shell statue that scales with SH Figuarts is on sale for 24.99 :

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/games/brands/dragon-ball/dragon-ball-the-breakers/

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's pretty cool. Disgusting, but cool.

Didn't the game come out a year ago now?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
What a strange idea for a Dragon Ball game.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Who’s excited for the figures you’ll get from the new Dragonball Babies show?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

It's such a Toriyama thing to do.

I hate it.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
Welp I figure the better toy versed here might be able to help. The siren song of the tiny plastic has called me to the rocks, I've ordered a replica of Optimus with his trailer which is an exact replica of the Optimus I had growing up as the first transformer I've bought since the 90s and a few other figures for the first time in years. All it needs is a big black box with 4 buttons on it to do the voice lines but eh close enough. Now while I was a transformer kid most of my friends were in TMNT, and heres where I'm hitting a snag. Way back it he late 1900s I broke a TNMT figure of a friend of mine I was hoping to replace so his own kids might play with it.

All I remember about it was that you could change the head of the turtle, it rotated in and out of the shell. The head's what snapped off back in the day, and all I've found through searching TMNT head changer/changing is a single turtle on ebay, not sure if I'm missing something by not knowing more about the toy itself so I'd figure I would ask the experts. Dunno if there's much more to find but hey anything helps, thanks.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Jackapol posted:

Welp I figure the better toy versed here might be able to help. The siren song of the tiny plastic has called me to the rocks, I've ordered a replica of Optimus with his trailer which is an exact replica of the Optimus I had growing up as the first transformer I've bought since the 90s and a few other figures for the first time in years. All it needs is a big black box with 4 buttons on it to do the voice lines but eh close enough. Now while I was a transformer kid most of my friends were in TMNT, and heres where I'm hitting a snag. Way back it he late 1900s I broke a TNMT figure of a friend of mine I was hoping to replace so his own kids might play with it.

All I remember about it was that you could change the head of the turtle, it rotated in and out of the shell. The head's what snapped off back in the day, and all I've found through searching TMNT head changer/changing is a single turtle on ebay, not sure if I'm missing something by not knowing more about the toy itself so I'd figure I would ask the experts. Dunno if there's much more to find but hey anything helps, thanks.

Possibly one of these?

https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutatin-39-donnie-action-figure/-/A-87914351

If so, they're shelf warming at Target right now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

More figures need to come with snowboards

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is the Cobra Shadow Tracker supposed to be an army builder guy?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

iceyman posted:

Is the Cobra Shadow Tracker supposed to be an army builder guy?

No he's a guy.

Not to say you can't army build him. Helps he has two mask and his normal look is cool enough.

Shooter looks to be seriously cool as well, the review of her made me go from okay to drat cool.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 16, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like he's about to amputate 🤘

Thought this might be something someone in here would be interested in...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Jesus Christ, what a savage. Straight up horror movie bastard.

I know you're busy with other stuff these days but darn, I do miss those awesome shoots you'd do back in the day, CP. Especially the glorious lighting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you! I sincerely appreciate that!

My heart just isn’t into it as much these days :(

But I did do some super quick shots when I found this school play set

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

gently caress yeah more Gokus for the Goku God!!!!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Looks like he's about to amputate 🤘

Thought this might be something someone in here would be interested in...

Looks awful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah that's not the outfit fans want to see Link in.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Joe Fisto posted:

I found this caveman Batman a while back. I didn't need another Batman, but I thought he would look good with Conan and friends. I was right.

i really thought caveman batman was Rexxar for a sec:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nice!

CRAYON posted:

i really thought caveman batman was Rexxar for a sec:

I believe both are homages to Frank Frazetta's character Darkwolf,

who appeared in the 1983 animated film Fire and Ice,

...and who has his own action figure in the works!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's 100% a homage.

Or to be more precise, know a lot of Blizzard stuff?

It's copied from other sources/influences albeit changed up.

Been Blizzards way since day one.

Found out what the brain helmet for the Range Viper really does, its suppose to be a sonar like device and the info is put directly to the viper via helmet to alert him people are near.

Got my Big Ben today, ol british looks like he can blast a few and then enjoy a nice spot of tea without missing a beat.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

Yeah that's not the outfit fans want to see Link in.

100% plus that face is bad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Got my Big Ben today, ol british looks like he can blast a few and then enjoy a nice spot of tea without missing a beat.

He gives me strong Russian vibes. Maybe it’s the hat.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

He gives me strong Russian vibes. Maybe it’s the hat.

Big same for me. I was sold on the figure cause of the alternate gas mask head.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Nice!

...and who has his own action figure in the works!

I'm currently really tempted to get the upcoming Mezco King Conan but was weary of him standing out too much in my collection due to not having anything else in a similar style. Perhaps this guy is the answer! From a very quick search out doesn't look like the companies made many (any?) other figures though so I'm hesitant to preorder this one before getting an idea of the final quality

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
With a week to go, Giant-Man is close to hitting 6000, a few more to go. The last two days of a campaign tends to get backers so they might make it, if not squeak by.

Meanwhile the ReAction Cobra Mothership appears to be bombing hard. It went up four days ago and currently has 291 backers. It only needs 4K but the price, the price! $495.00 +100 in shipping. That's killing it.
They really need to make the bonus items baked into the whole thing, that might help. At this point calling this one DOA otherwise even with 46days to go.

Do ReAction stuff really sell?

Even on other forums I never see anyone talking about it. It feels like a niche of a niche.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Ah this makes complete sense. I sometimes forget that nearly every cool Blizzard thing is a homage.

I've never seen Fire and Ice, is it cool? That still looks sweet.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CRAYON posted:

Ah this makes complete sense. I sometimes forget that nearly every cool Blizzard thing is a homage.

It's worth a watch.

It won't blow you away, but it's fun to see.

And you can easily do so since it's up on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CRAYON posted:

"Homage" is being generous in a lot of cases. (StarCraft)