Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

oh my god Turbo Granny hassling class prez is so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I see what your doing Dandadan. I know you’re setting me up to be sad I just know it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Going through all the options of whose child died in infancy for this flashback and not liking any of them

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 9, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MachuPikacchu posted:

Strap in, it's heartbreaking flashback time again on DANDADAN!

That's how you know she'll be joining the crew; it's a rite of passage at this point.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Popo posted:

I like how grannies are such a key element to so much of this series, and gosh dang, these kids are so cute. The artist must be a handsome and talented vampire...

…you’re posting everything out loud.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

That's how you know she'll be joining the crew; it's a rite of passage at this point.

he can't keep getting away with it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Going through all the options of whose child died in infancy for this flashback and not liking any of them

Truly a mystery, will it be "The one kid who is distinct", "One of the generic non distinct kids", or, strongest bet, "Just kind of all of them"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But none of them were infants.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Granny will join them so Turbo Granny can bond with her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Super excited to see an upgraded moe moe tri-beam as a tandem attack between Class Prez and Momo.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

moe moe sekiya tenkyoken

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Slowly growing up enough members to become a sentai team

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tampa Bae posted:

They already have six members even before the Class Prez joins.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the kamikoshi city supernatural study society:

(lol that the kid in the middle grew up to be letterkenny glen)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Random sad backstory to make me shed a tear for vampire-delusion girl :smith: Well done

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

They already got their megazord. We've long since passed that territory.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Brought To You By posted:

They already got their megazord. We've long since passed that territory.
Have you watched modern sentai shows? They have like 12 members

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Have you watched modern sentai shows? They have like 12 members

I wasn't saying they would have more than 6 members. I was saying we're already a supernatural sentai team at this point.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Brought To You By posted:

I wasn't saying they would have more than 6 members. I was saying we're already a supernatural sentai team at this point.
I love that the writer has so many interesting in every nerdy thing that the toku nerd in this manga gets ignored after making his own mecha after fawning over the Kaiju/Evangelion girl while we move on to some girl who's obsessed with vampires. The author has a niche interest in every single nerdy genre out there

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Viz released the official volume 5 translation this week and I completely forgot that Jiji's favorite soccer team is Paris Saint-Germain

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018931

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

This is going to sound like a broken record at this point, but I just cannot get over how absolutely amazing this series is. You go from tearjerker to comedy and then BAM, a megazord made out of buildings.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ARE YOU MOFOS READY TO ROCK?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What are the odds that the ghost will turn out to be someone or something else?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
probably not very high. granny knows her poo poo.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Substantially less high than "It is her, but not for the reasons you think"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There were like three incredible two-page spreads this week. I'm just consistently blown away, Dandadan absolutely loving rules.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah we're definitely gonna be a bunch of sobbing wrecks during this arc when she eventually sits down and talks with the spirit of Mai

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I love all the exorcists Ms. Seiko keeps calling in. It really gives the story so much more color they aren't just normal shinto priests and are heavy metal rockers and festival workers.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

how the gently caress is this a weekly series

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Class prez needs to have a good long talk with miss Cowabunga.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am looking forward to class prez becoming a gravity-manipulating idol vampire.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This comic is so good

Saint Germain bout to come ruin everything.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So was the ombusman being the spirt of a dead infant a mistranslation or maybe mai's mom was pregnant or there was another victim in the other vehicle?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

So was the ombusman being the spirt of a dead infant a mistranslation or maybe mai's mom was pregnant or there was another victim in the other vehicle?

The yokai in question is Konaki jijii. Basically a spirit that would mimic a baby's crying and then crush you when you tried to pick it up. Dandadan's version is definitely a little different though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It seems weird for it to be the friend? Why would she carry such a grudge? Also poo poo building mecha. We’re going to need glasses dude again.

Edit: the ghost is grandma. Grandma feels bad that prez needed to stay at home for her.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 16, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Even Dandadan mentioned the Ombusman comes from infants, so I'm thinking that her friend is a red herring and the mother was pregnant or something.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

start of the chapter: ahhh jeeeeeez

end of the chapter:

Patware posted:

This is truly a perfect comic

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
got paid today so I ordered Chainsaw Man vol 12, and the first two of Dandadan.

this comic owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I decided to read the raw chapter because of this. "Died in infancy" is not the correct localization/connotation, but it is still technically correct given the dictionary definition "the state or period of early childhood or babyhood". Japanese does state that the spirit's origin is from a young child or baby.