Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a pretty nasty computer with a 4070 and a good processor. what’s a game I should get that will impress on this new rig? Already have ac6 and cyberpunk.

Deus Ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baldur’s gate 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Doom (1993)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I've been playing dead cells and vampire survivor clones on my 4090

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Battletoads

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

my friends daughter is SO EXCITED about Super Mario Wonder

she saved up money over the summer to buy it and she's having a friend over for a play date this weekend to play together :kimchi:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
modern parody or the real thing?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

victrix posted:

my friends daughter is SO EXCITED about Super Mario Wonder

she saved up money over the summer to buy it and she's having a friend over for a play date this weekend to play together :kimchi:

I would kick down yours friends front door and call their daughter a nintendweeb noob who should be playing mature games for adults like spiderman 2: the horrors of organic spandex

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
(I would not in fact do that, Wonder looks cute as heck and I wanna play it too)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Definitely getting wonder. Mario games are the best.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
As I wait for assassins creed mirage to inevitably go on sale in the next few weeks I wonder why Ubisoft doesn’t just remake old assassins creed games. I would buy remakes of ac1-ac4 in a heartbeat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNMsZ44ooc

still utterly mindblowing to me that this is all CGI. not gonna be too long before this kind of bodycam horror makes its way to video games, and while the first generation of UE5 poo poo's probably gonna be rough, there is some incredible VR potential here

The reference material for this popped up on my feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmAHZcpwx0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rinkles posted:

modern parody or the real thing?

I loved The Amazing Digital Circus

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sega Dreamcast posted:

The reference material for this popped up on my feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmAHZcpwx0

i saw that a little bit ago and the sheer accuracy is almost unbelievable. there's a bunch of people in the comments saying they used to go to or work at the valley view mall and had an insane sense of deja vu watching, like the guy who used to sell DVDs out of a kiosk right outside the main entrance the dude in the video enters through

i think what i like the most about the rolling giant in retrospect is that it's a case study in the importance of atmosphere to horror: a weird looking puppet on a wheeled dolly coming atcha could easily come across as silly, but there's just enough time spent establishing a menacing environment that the menace transfers to it in turn

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New game genre - Malevolent High School Art Project

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sega Dreamcast posted:

New game genre - Malevolent High School Art Project

i can loving guarantee you that there's already at least 6 indie projects being rushed out for the halloween season where a big papier-mache man is chasing after you in a mall or mall-adjacent location

a monster you don't have to actually animate is, like, the holy grail of low budget production

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no one gets an xbox to buy xbox games. psycho behavior

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
[Code Vein] I lost a BIG NUMBER of souls haze because I refused to give up on the haze I dropped at a boss. the number grew each time i tried to take down the boss (cause of the enemies along the way), until i eventually forgot to pick it up and died to the boss again.

I'm at the cathedral. Is there a lot of game left?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

[Code Vein] I lost a BIG NUMBER of souls haze because I refused to give up on the haze I dropped at a boss. the number grew each time i tried to take down the boss (cause of the enemies along the way), until i eventually forgot to pick it up and died to the boss again.

I'm at the cathedral. Is there a lot of game left?

it's been a while, but i think you've got, like, 5? major areas left to go after that, so there's still a good amount of Game after

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My favorite subgenre of youtube commenter are the people who get really really mad about speedruns that use glitches or exploits to skip over large segments of the game. It could be some obscure 90s mascot platformer crap nobody's ever heard of, there'll inevitably be some angry guy in the comments that's like "now beat the game for real." Their strange little minds mystify me.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

got a cool new hat

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a pretty nasty computer with a 4070 and a good processor. what’s a game I should get that will impress on this new rig? Already have ac6 and cyberpunk.

Metro Exodus

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The PC ports of the ps5 games are pretty decent in terms of tech stuff.
I think they've ported all of them at this point, with Horizon 2 coming soon.

Maybe that samurai game is still exclusive now that I think about it. And FF16.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

aw i missed it cause i was too depressed to wake up

good job

I really hope you are feeling better.

I then, right after, played through and 100%ed Bowser's Fury. It took me the same length of time that Champion's Road did. Good lord!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Dang I really want to play Bowser's Fury but I don't want to spend $60 re-buying SM3DW right when Wonder is coming out.

Maybe my library has it idk

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

exquisite tea posted:

My favorite subgenre of youtube commenter are the people who get really really mad about speedruns that use glitches or exploits to skip over large segments of the game. It could be some obscure 90s mascot platformer crap nobody's ever heard of, there'll inevitably be some angry guy in the comments that's like "now beat the game for real." Their strange little minds mystify me.

To be fair sometimes a glitch is found that skips what was once a really cool and fun speedrunning segment, like when they discovered a way around doing the spider houses in Majora's Mask

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Dang I really want to play Bowser's Fury but I don't want to spend $60 re-buying SM3DW right when Wonder is coming out.

Maybe my library has it idk

Bowser's Fury was absolutely brilliant. It was like a modern version of Mario Sunshine, which I am incredibly fond of.

I think my favourite style of 3D mario is the one where you have a set level that you keep entering and it changes slightly each time - like 64 and Sunshine.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Is there a general coop thread? The index lists a couch coop one but I was wondering if there was a general thread that includes online stuff, like l4d or whatever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1713918172351308242

Pete Hines is retiring from Bethesda after 24 years

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They sold 300 million minecrafts.

That's a lot of cubes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/1713918172351308242

Pete Hines is retiring from Bethesda after 24 years

this isnt good news for the games though right? he was head of publishing which i assume is a corpo advertising type job more than any kind of development work?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
In the spirit of October I'm playing 2 games tonight that I've never managed to get around to - Dino Crisis and clock tower

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Dino Crisis is one of my favourite games I played as a kid. Didn't play a Resi game until the Wii port of 4 so Dino Crisis was my survival horror entrance.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dino Crisis is a Christmas game

Dino Christmas

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Pete Hines seemed (probably justifiably) pretty fed up dealing with the fans sometimes so if he's genuinely retiring to have a rest then good for him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The best Bethesda game as of recently has been Hi Fi Rush and that's saying a lot, they've lost both Shinji Mikami from Tango and Raf Colantonio from Arkane so I don't blame Hines for leaving on a downturn

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kinda curious now how starfield did compared to their internal projections. the 10 million player count i've seen bandied about presumably includes game pass numbers in there, so it's hard to get a bead on what the actual sales are looking like

i'm sure it didn't do apocalyptically bad or anything, but it's dropped off the radar shockingly fast for something that got hyped to high heaven prerelease

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it never really had any fandom penetration either. no memes, no conversation, not even in a gently mocking way. the only discourse consisted of “yeah it has no interesting or noteworthy qualities whatsoever, get hype”

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hard to get any fandom around what is basically gaming Wonderbread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Once everyone found out that it was Another Bethesda Game I think that may have cooled off interest

The writing doesn't even appear to be all that compelling from what I've heard

There's nothing wrong with it really and if that's the type of game you like you'll have a great time with it but... that's the game

Like every big game they were making a lot of promises in the hypecycle before release for what turned out to be Fallout 4 In Space