Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He looks more like Vince than Shane does, that’s hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Shame McMahon

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

This is your NXT name

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Getting forced out was a move everyone could see except Vince because he was too enamored with keeping control for himself. He has no moves left. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Chud McMahon Jr.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Having a real hard time figuring out what Indiana football is champion of.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Champions of not quite the worst Big 10 thanks to Northwestern

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Is that supposed to be like Ultimate Warrior makeup?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Even Shane's son got the belt before Cody.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shane McMahon's son posing with an Indiana-themed wrestling belt when the Hoosiers are 2-4 and their only win against an FBS team was a 4OT win against Akron is a very good analogy for the WWE

forkboy84 posted:

Champions of not quite the worst Big 10 thanks to Northwestern

Northwestern is somehow significantly better than Indiana this year lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shane is cool, everyone is always saying this

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

UnleashedDad posted:

Getting forced out was a move everyone could see except Vince because he was too enamored with keeping control for himself. He has no moves left. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

I have a hard time believing Vince is surprised by it, because it seems like such an obvious move to make. I don't know. Maybe he's just realized he's old, he's got a lot of money, and he never has to do anything for the rest of his life because of his piles of money. He just made more money selling his stocks, right? So he conceivably has more money now than he did 6 months ago?

He's a piece of poo poo and a maniac but probably not stupid enough to believe that they wouldn't try to oust him as soon as they had a chance. Right? Unless his greed and need for power clouded his stupid old man brain, which is always an option.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The media rights bubble is bursting, Endeavor is going to have a lot of UFC related expenses coming up. I'd want out too.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Ganso Bomb posted:

I have a hard time believing Vince is surprised by it, because it seems like such an obvious move to make. I don't know. Maybe he's just realized he's old, he's got a lot of money, and he never has to do anything for the rest of his life because of his piles of money. He just made more money selling his stocks, right? So he conceivably has more money now than he did 6 months ago?

He's a piece of poo poo and a maniac but probably not stupid enough to believe that they wouldn't try to oust him as soon as they had a chance. Right? Unless his greed and need for power clouded his stupid old man brain, which is always an option.
This all happened because he was outted from his own company, he was already rich, it definitely seems like he just wanted control back

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa Bae posted:

This all happened because he was outted from his own company, he was already rich, it definitely seems like he just wanted control back

I guess if I'm trying to think like a freak like Vince, if he sits at home and sells his stocks and never comes back then he looks more like a loser in the whole fight.

If he comes back, facilitates a big sale, sells his stocks, and then gets muscled out he can tell himself that he was screwed for "no reason" after doing the big sale and go on believing that he's still a big powerful boy with millions of dollars who knows better than everybody else.

I don't know why I'm thinking so much about it. I think it just goes back to me thinking that it's hard for me to believe he wouldn't have expected this to happen, and that he had ulterior motives other than just "control the company again".

I guess the other option is that he expected this coup to happen but thought he'd have more support and would be able to crush everyone who opposed him. That feels a bit more Vince-like.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 16, 2023

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

'vince is finally gone' I say to myself for the fifth or six time, definitely believing it each time

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

Shane McMahon's son posing with an Indiana-themed wrestling belt when the Hoosiers are 2-4 and their only win against an FBS team was a 4OT win against Akron is a very good analogy for the WWE

Especially fitting since it took so long for them to finish the story game.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was at a wedding all sunday and have been tuned out, is vince totally pushed out or is this scuttlebutt and innuendo?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I guess if I'm trying to think like a freak like Vince, if he sits at home and sells his stocks and never comes back then he looks more like a loser in the whole fight.

If he comes back, facilitates a big sale, sells his stocks, and then gets muscled out he can tell himself that he was screwed for "no reason" after doing the big sale and go on believing that he's still a big powerful boy with millions of dollars who knows better than everybody else.

I don't know why I'm thinking so much about it. I think it just goes back to me thinking that it's hard for me to believe he wouldn't have expected this to happen, and that he had ulterior motives other than just "control the company again".

I guess the other option is that he expected this coup to happen but thought he'd have more support and would be able to crush everyone who opposed him. That feels a bit more Vince-like.

Is it that hard to believe that Vince, a man who has usually surrounded himself with yes-men who always tell him exactly what he wants to hear, and who is elderly and insane, wouldn't get suckered into doing a deal by another company's exec telling him exactly what his insane elderly mind wants to hear?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

vince got hundreds of millions of dollars richer but control-wise he got swindled by nick khan and ari emmanuel. what a loser!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

vince got hundreds of millions of dollars richer but control-wise he got swindled by nick khan and ari emmanuel. what a loser!!!

Tbf history has proven very emphatically that Vince values control above any monetary figure you could name

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tbf history has proven very emphatically that Vince values control above any monetary figure you could name

yeah i imagine it bothers him way more to cede any control. well that's just what helps me cope for now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Is it that hard to believe that Vince, a man who has usually surrounded himself with yes-men who always tell him exactly what he wants to hear, and who is elderly and insane, wouldn't get suckered into doing a deal by another company's exec telling him exactly what his insane elderly mind wants to hear?

Only because it’s SO obvious that I have a hard time believing anyone would be surprised by it. But maybe I’m giving his ability to sniff it out too much credit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I dont remember this part from Succession

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vince thought he could take down the NFL twice. Dude loves to get high on his own supply.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He seemed completely blindsided both times Linda lost a Senate election.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

rotinaj posted:

I was at a wedding all sunday and have been tuned out, is vince totally pushed out or is this scuttlebutt and innuendo?

He's out, he said it himself.
https://voca.ro/1acGxzTkcF98

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

neoaxd posted:

i mark out anytime i see a neoaxd vocaroo link

also lmao

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

neoaxd posted:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

neoaxd posted:

Goku had a similar speech in the Buu arc, but the English version botched it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

neoaxd posted:

Scandalous.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheKingslayer posted:

Vince thought he could take down the NFL twice. Dude loves to get high on his own supply.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He seemed completely blindsided both times Linda lost a Senate election.

Hm, on the other hand... he IS just a gigantic dumb rear end.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1713982408964346261?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

7 feet tall isn’t that giant

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, that's Adam Cole sized.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Same size as Paul 'The Giant' Wight

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Still mad that the Bryan and Kane tag team wasn't called No Chants in Hell.

It should have been on a sign carried by Drew Gulak.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it is. a giant would wear a belt that size. come on.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

yea ok posted:

yeah i imagine it bothers him way more to cede any control. well that's just what helps me cope for now

Vince was already rich, at some point when you're wealthy money basically becomes meaningless to you

Ganso Bomb posted:

Only because it’s SO obvious that I have a hard time believing anyone would be surprised by it. But maybe I’m giving his ability to sniff it out too much credit.

I don't find it hard to believe at all; history is littered with the corpses of businessmen who got high off their own farts "business acumen" and got swindled by someone even cannier and richer than themselves; because they either heard exactly what they wanted to hear, or they thought themselves too cunning to fall for someone else's tricks, even as they confidently walked right into the trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

They'll change the belt in 2 years