Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

U-DO Burger posted:

When did you test? I ask because if you tested early, you may have gotten a false negative.

At-home COVID-19 tests most accurate on day 4 of symptoms, study suggests retesting
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wait-days-taking-home-covid-test-youre-sick/story?id=103670646

When my family got COVID last month, we blew through about 10 tests across our family members before we finally got positive results, which was about four to six days after symptoms started for each of us. And by then it was already too late to start Paxlovid for my wife

Our family participates in a research study that gives us free weekly PCR tests, and those didn't pick up our COVID infections either. :shrug:

i'm pretty confident in the test. it was a pcr panel done at the hospital at the peak of symptoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

rite aid filing for bankruptcy lmao. thanks for buying up the bartells!

Rite Aid and Joe Biden: two Scranton institutions close to death.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
was looking at the antiwork subreddit just now, and someone posted about how it seems like people are dumber than they used to be, and more angry as well. The comments had been locked by the time I saw the post, but a surprising number of people were attributing it to covid. I had been anticipating that noone would have, so it was an incredibly low bar to clear, but still...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
welp that dog study is very concerning

I’ve been taking my dog to the dog park for the past two years during off hours when there are very few other dogs but once in a while I’d take her when it was busy. guess I’ll be more careful about that

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
MY FIL popped positive on Saturday and it took me two days to get him to go to the doctor for some pax, but they wouldn’t prescribe it due to all the side effects?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

an owls casket posted:

was looking at the antiwork subreddit just now, and someone posted about how it seems like people are dumber than they used to be, and more angry as well. The comments had been locked by the time I saw the post, but a surprising number of people were attributing it to covid. I had been anticipating that noone would have, so it was an incredibly low bar to clear, but still...

That probably only happened rn because the regular paid commenter and bots are busy at work pushing Israel propaganda and it allowed actual normal people to make their opinions heard

Iverron
May 13, 2012

moth juiced and thriving, thank you again covid thread

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Strep Vote posted:

It's been 48 hours and I feel totally fine, no headaches, no cramps, no explosive farts, no arthritis...

I've had 72 hours of explosive farts, excessive sweating, trouble sleeping and mood swings

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I didn't get vaxxed, I'm just a shambles of a human being

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
vaxxed, but with the inferior shot

Pfizer don’t fail me now, I pray as I go to sleep

twenty years from now I will be making the same prayer, but for different reasons

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Pillowpants posted:

MY FIL popped positive on Saturday and it took me two days to get him to go to the doctor for some pax, but they wouldn’t prescribe it due to all the side effects?

And they didn't prescribe molnupiravir? SMH.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
explosive farts are really a 24/7 thing over here

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Literal Rhinovirus has been going absolutely apeshit around here recently, 50% higher test positivity than the next highest pre-covid year on a 2x base of reported weekly lab PCRs for it.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oh poo poo, my county quietly brought back lab-confirmed covid positive test rate on their revised respiratory illness dashboard without telling anyone

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

that dog study only went 35 days out, so changes after recovery were not reported. the researchers didn't observe neurological signs and pointed out that their mechanistic leap to humans with long-term brain damage was not comparable, because those studies were from the sickest people. long-term effects are not known, but there is a serious tradeoff with the precautionary principle and dog quality of life. most behavioral issues in dogs stem from lack of appropriate exercise, and they will not understand being bubble-boyed. if you have a well-adjusted cursorial social carnivore, they would appreciate being able to run around outside in some way that you are comfortable with.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lots of cases of bird flu propping up in a lot of states. As far as I know there hasnt been an APHIS mobilization yet but it may happen sooner or later if it keeps up and the states dont have the resources to test en masse

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

rite aid filing for bankruptcy lmao. thanks for buying up the bartells!

oh good I just got my booster there lol maybe it was an old bivalent they had lying on the floor

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sounds adorable, i would like 1 rhinovirus please

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Rauros posted:

that dog study only went 35 days out, so changes after recovery were not reported. the researchers didn't observe neurological signs and pointed out that their mechanistic leap to humans with long-term brain damage was not comparable, because those studies were from the sickest people. long-term effects are not known, but there is a serious tradeoff with the precautionary principle and dog quality of life. most behavioral issues in dogs stem from lack of appropriate exercise, and they will not understand being bubble-boyed. if you have a well-adjusted cursorial social carnivore, they would appreciate being able to run around outside in some way that you are comfortable with.

yeah I take her to the park, I just tend to take her when nobody’s there. shes some sort of mix of border collie and flat coated retriever. she would die of boredom if she wasn’t allowed to run around

usually when I thought “I should have studied harder in school” it was because I wished I had a bigger kitchen but now it’s because I wish I had a yard for her to run around in

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

RBC posted:

its not rsv either

she got swabbed for covid rsv and influenza, all negative

literally a loving horrible cold thats put us all at home for over week
Owned by some no-name bs

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Moth juiced alongside three friends I drove to a nearby Costco. Pharmacist said tons of interest in Novavax and they are selling out every day, basically.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I wonder if a lot more people had lovely experiences with pfizer and moderna than were really recorded which is why theres so much interest in novavax

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

silicone thrills posted:

I wonder if a lot more people had lovely experiences with pfizer and moderna than were really recorded which is why theres so much interest in novavax

there was a lot of uncertainty being talked about with mRNAs too. I'm sure that helped

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

RBC posted:

its not rsv either

she got swabbed for covid rsv and influenza, all negative

literally a loving horrible cold thats put us all at home for over week

It was nice to meet you Patient Zero

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Hey fosborb, I don't know if you saw, but Everdraed suggested a title change to reflect the moth juice now being available and I think that is a good idea.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

I assumed it's all the mRNA 5G hysteria.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Remembering that the likelihood of getting COVID went up the two weeks post vaccination, I think a bunch of people got straight up COVID at the mass vaccination sites.

Edit: Which in the lighter cases could have been perceived as vaccine side effects.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Oct 16, 2023

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pingui posted:

Hey fosborb, I don't know if you saw, but Everdraed suggested a title change to reflect the moth juice now being available and I think that is a good idea.

oh poo poo I missed that. thanks!

reporting posts like that with a "hey this is a good idea for a thread title change" as the report reason is a good way to get it out in front of all cspam mods, by the way

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
and would have been a welcome break in the millions of I vs P thread reports a few days back!

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Pingui posted:

Remembering that the likelihood of getting COVID went up the two weeks post vaccination, I think a bunch of people got straight up COVID at the mass vaccination sites.

Edit: Which in the lighter cases could have been perceived as vaccine side effects.

I remember sitting in a very stuffy community gym for 75 minutes before getting my first shot and musing about that exact thing.

(Second shot was a drive-thru and third is now a spirit Halloween. )

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Jyrraeth posted:

(Second shot was a drive-thru and third is now a spirit Halloween. )

our elementary school is doing a flu/COVID shot clinic on Oct 31st!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Belgian celebrity dies of COVID‑19/pertussis co‐infection at twenty years of age

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Feeling my very large mothy titers right now.

Also, that was my first time in a Costco :stare: :wtf: :lmao:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i work with two people who are out sick, extremely sick, and doctors don't know with what. no test comes back positive. but with all the symptoms of covid or flu.

one is pretty scared, she is having shortness of breath and coughing like hell. super fit, mid 50s.

it's wild to me; four years ago this would have been bizarre, to know so many people sick all the time. now it's just... life

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

people gotta fill up their giant houses with bulk paper towels, pickles, and jeans

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

we have the tools!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1714044347648504021

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think I got got. No cough or congestion, but shortness of breath, chronic fatigue, body aches. Talking is a chore. It's been like this for about a week now.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

getting novavaxed tomorrow at costco.

what is the general consensus on side effects? pfizer hit me pretty hard every time and hoping moth juice is a bit better.

i'm gonna look to see if they got any mattresses at my costco and then head over to the bakery and buy a 24 pack of apple turnovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

$2,500 holy poo poo stock up now