Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I like that there is a callout for when the drill breaks but it has never broken for me. Maybe it breaks on overkill but I haven’t tried yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RandolphCarter posted:

I like that there is a callout for when the drill breaks but it has never broken for me. Maybe it breaks on overkill but I haven’t tried yet

The small drill will start shaking and grinding before it shuts off, that’s the window to reset it so it stays running

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm actually surprised how little the drill is used. I mean the dumb armored truck on that heist, and if you are lazy you can drill the first door on big bank but otherwise, does it get any use?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah you drill the basement doors on the jewelry shop. Seems to be not enough drill to justify a dedicated "piece of poo poo drill" radio, but that makes it funnier

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rest in piss drill I'm glad that we don't have to babysit you for five minutes every single map.

The only big drill I can think of is the one on the second bank but that one is more complex than the "press E to set up then press E every minute" large drill.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The thermite's basically a molten drill but yeah, I like that even when you do have to babysit a timer, they add ancillary goals like managing heat or oxygen levels

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Croccers posted:

From what I've heard from Goon devs, console certification is a bitch of a process. And trying to keep platform parity would make it even more of a bitch.
It’s a bitch of a process because the one time they loosened the requirements for a studio we got cyberpunk and it’s crashes. Studios releasing buggy poo poo on a compressed timeline and relying on 11th hour hot fixes is simply incompatible with console pipelines. They charge for every certification and it takes weeks specifically to disincentivize time wasting and unstable builds. Skill issue, sucks to suck.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
The first patch which they delayed, then split in half, then delayed again, has been delayed... again.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1796rhc

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I can’t get lobbies unless I play with my friends. It’s me and Hoxton Bot every time. Its a party or literally unplayable for me. I wish they’d fix it cause the game is fun when you treat it like left 4 dead.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
After reinstalling to fix the super frequent but inconsistent crashes I finally got around to playing a bunch.

I know I'm going to sound like a huge noob but I'm having a wicked hard time with the stealth mechanics that seem super lenient until they aren't.

Loud is still pretty drat fun but usually a couple people leave once it goes loud and bots obviously don't move bags very well.

The lobby ready bug is super freaking annoying, and I really miss server browsers that modern games seem to be foregoing.

Can people who crash rejoin games? Can you join games in progress? Its like matchmaking and server browsing tech has taken a 20 year leap backwards

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

People leaving as soon as a stealth heist goes loud is incredibly annoying. I think I've only ever finished a loud heist with a full group of randoms once or twice because two or more people inevitably leave the moment it goes loud.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

explosivo posted:

People leaving as soon as a stealth heist goes loud is incredibly annoying. I think I've only ever finished a loud heist with a full group of randoms once or twice because two or more people inevitably leave the moment it goes loud.

I’ve only played with my friends but it’s really tough because while there’s no absolute hard “you absolutely need this for stealth” (bar maybe a silencer) it does stink to go loud if you’ve built your entire skill tree about camera hacking and rushing around with the other stealth skills. My crew has some hybrid builds for “we’ll keep going loud if we mess up” but if we set out to do a stealth no matter what there’s not much chance for us to survive a prolonged assault with those builds and I’d bet that’s how a lot of pubs build if they’re sneaking.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
If they want to stop people using stealth builds from dropping when it goes loud, they should add passive bonuses to the mask off skills. Just making something up, how about rush lasts .5 seconds longer per point spent in grifter that isn’t the aceable first skill or the final skill?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

padijun posted:

If they want to stop people using stealth builds from dropping when it goes loud, they should add passive bonuses to the mask off skills. Just making something up, how about rush lasts .5 seconds longer per point spent in grifter that isn’t the aceable first skill or the final skill?

My hottest take since early in Payday 2 is that if they want people to actually do stealth -> loud transitions, they should make it so every skill has effects in both stealth and loud, so that you don't have "dedicated stealth" and "dedicated loud" builds but instead always-automatically have hybrid builds at no additional cost.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
They should probably just make stealth and loud skills be separate skill trees and you have both equipped at the same time. They already did something kinda similar with the perk decks + regular skills.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Sundance Shot posted:

They should probably just make stealth and loud skills be separate skill trees and you have both equipped at the same time. They already did something kinda similar with the perk decks + regular skills.

That would be easier and less clever but would also accomplish the same basic goal, which is make it so that being better at stealth doesn't make your worse at being loud.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I just wanna fuckin heist on the nights my friends work. Add me on Discord I’m sharzak and play with me I guess. My game is blessed in that I can’t ever play with pubs.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I take a lot of the hostage trading and taking skills in all my builds, and personally I really like having to at least have something for both. Most of the stealth is doable without skills, and if it's a problem sink three points into camera stuff or whatever.

The game really needs a stealth/loud/either filter for lobbies, obviously. One solution I think they should do is a mmo style roulette. Let me join a random heist, and give me a hefty money and XP bonus for completing it.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Man patch #1 is gonna be underwhelming isn't it :saddowns:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I just had flashbacks to PD1 where patches were infrequent and delayed due to console certification and trying to keep things (mostly) synced.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I already miss the 2-week cycle of Payday 2 hayday

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YpQI5V2AKc

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Crackdown mod for payday 2 is still going strong with another update today. We have some appropriate branding:

Basically we've fixed a bunch of compatability bugs introduced with Update 240, we've added several perk decks to the optional player side overhaul, Total Crackdown, and rebalanced several others. There are still some nasty crash bugs we're trying to nail down, if anyone cares to give it a try:

https://github.com/Crackdown-PD2/deathvox/releases/tag/DGLM23

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looks like things are not going well over at the old Payday subreddit. I assume no news on that delayed patch that is half of a larger delayed patch that was due any day now?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
They really need to get that patch out.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Guys. The delayed patch. Go get it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Korean Boomhauer posted:

the AI generated art in the art heist is dumb lol. if they're really that hard up that they cant afford to pay someone to draw poo poo, let me make some neat looking garbage using a thousand tools and filters in GIMP or photoshop or whatever.

This is late but it is confirmed now that yes, starbreeze did use AI art and lied to one of their biggest sponsors about the game who helped spread the lie. And then said sponsor found out it was a lie and got extremely mad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3WWRnmtHbU&t=793s

And the patch with 200+ fixes is still nowhere to be seen. :shrug:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Their twitter is relatively silent in the last couple days.

I'm sure this game will be fine in the long run, but this is one heckuva bungled launch.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
And they half-arsed the AI art to such a degree that they even left the fake watermark symbols programmes like MidJourney create.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Starbreeze did all this intentionally, that they never intended to ship the game in a better state and with better servers and with better patches. There's just no way a company can fail in so many areas and be so chill about it for it not to have been on purpose. As far as I can tell, they never actually 'fixed' the servers... it just was a matter of waiting out Game Pass and disillusioned players. I mean, Starbreeze aren't even following up on the lack of preorder rewards for consoles not appearing, and they've even told people who never received their CE that it's not Starbreeze's problem. If my customer never received the product they paid for, you can bet I'd be contacting my delivery partner instead of telling customers it has nothing to do with you.

Meanwhile they continue to host Twitch sessions and act as if this is all totally normal.

And to think a MTX system is about to launch on top of all of this.

The whole company has such an awful attitude towards their players. I'd expect this to be their last game.

truther fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 24, 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

truther posted:

And they half-arsed the AI art to such a degree that they even left the fake watermark symbols programmes like MidJourney create.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Starbreeze did all this intentionally, that they never intended to ship the game in a better state and with better servers and with better patches. There's just no way a company can fail in so many areas and be so chill about it for it not to have been on purpose. As far as I can tell, they never actually 'fixed' the servers... it just was a matter of waiting out Game Pass and disillusioned players. I mean, Starbreeze aren't even following up on the lack of preorder rewards for consoles not appearing, and they've even told people who never received their CE that it's not Starbreeze's problem. If my customer never received the product they paid for, you can bet I'd be contacting my delivery partner instead of telling customers it has nothing to do with you.

Meanwhile they continue to host Twitch sessions and act as if this is all totally normal.

And to think a MTX system is about to launch on top of all of this.

The whole company has such an awful attitude towards their players. I'd expect this to be their last game.

The servers were fixed in the sense that the servers don't keel over and have aneurysms from 50,000 people at once. Except they are still server errors even with 5,000 people playing :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

We’ve been quiet over the last few days, and for that we apologize.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Saw someone say as of this time after the payday 2 launch there were 11 updates and hotfixes. Not sure how accurate that number is but it sure is strange how vocal they were about making this the 'as a service' payday with great post launch support and they seem to have been blindsided by this launch.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
cross plat changes everything

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

explosivo posted:

Saw someone say as of this time after the payday 2 launch there were 11 updates and hotfixes. Not sure how accurate that number is but it sure is strange how vocal they were about making this the 'as a service' payday with great post launch support and they seem to have been blindsided by this launch.

Sounds about right. Their staunch support of console parity is killing any update momentum at this point. The smart move would have been PC release, then hotfixes, then add consoles with a patch rollout, but what do I know.

e: the most important part is that I'm having fun with my friends in the game, and we are

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Explosionface posted:

Sounds about right. Their staunch support of console parity is killing any update momentum at this point. The smart move would have been PC release, then hotfixes, then add consoles with a patch rollout, but what do I know.

e: the most important part is that I'm having fun with my friends in the game, and we are

Didn't they try that with Payday 2

I swear there are game disks for PS3 and 360 that still have the old skill tree alongside Houston being Hoxton.

Then the Crimewave Editions that probably also lost support not long after.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

widespread posted:

Didn't they try that with Payday 2

I swear there are game disks for PS3 and 360 that still have the old skill tree alongside Houston being Hoxton.

Then the Crimewave Editions that probably also lost support not long after.

There was also no crossplay for 360 and PS3 that handicapped updating, at least.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

They finally updated payday 3.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bugfixes but it seems like there isn't any actual changes to the functional design of the game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone have a good idea of when i can buy the game? Read up what i can about the current state and I don't want to now. Even if I can get some goon groups going i the discord I'm still hesitant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

padijun posted:

cross plat changes everything
Even just Steam and Gamepass seems to be patching hell.
Skylines 2 had a hotfix dropped on Steam that took 3+ days to hit Gamepass.