Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Darke GBF posted:

Shang-Chi's best variant is Jacinto by a mile, Ghost Rider has at minimum 3 variants better than that one... it's gotta be Torch.

Sorry but I will die for Rian Gonzalez even though I have the aforementioned Kim Jacinto best variant already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Are the variants made especially for the game or are they pre existing drawings? If the latter does Spider Woman have that one illustration that everyone made fun of a few years ago?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CJ posted:

Are the variants made especially for the game or are they pre existing drawings? If the latter does Spider Woman have that one illustration that everyone made fun of a few years ago?

If it has Ryan Kinnaird's name on it then it's house art. Most other stuff is taken from covers, I think. I know that a fair few have been sourced to the original.

E: also don't vote for the loving Shang-Chi variant, it's terrible weeb poo poo and the fact that he's Asian only makes that worse. I'm voting Ghost Rider even though I like the Nightforged variant and the Torch one is good, because the Tarot Torch is fire in more ways than one.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 16, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Jedit posted:

E: also don't vote for the loving Shang-Chi variant, it's terrible weeb poo poo and the fact that he's Asian only makes that worse.

It’s drawn by an Asian woman, hth

Also I wouldn’t vote for Torch just because I don’t really like any variant that is just a giant closeup of a face. Sorry, Luke.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

victorious posted:

I've been having a great time with this destroy deck from KMBest (I think), just got an Infinity ticket with it:

Deathstrike is an amazing tech to kill Mobius/Elsa/Cerebro. Originally it had Nova instead of Deathlock, but I think this is better. Still struggles against Shuri though. Shang might be worth a try but not sure where to slot him in.

Trying to figure out what you’re hoping to hit with iron lad that makes you happy here apart from I guess LD
That seems like the easy cut

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Weird to see a destroy deck without Bucky..

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jedit posted:

E: also don't vote for the loving Shang-Chi variant, it's terrible weeb poo poo and the fact that he's Asian only makes that worse.
It looks like every other Rian art wtf.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

Trying to figure out what you’re hoping to hit with iron lad that makes you happy here apart from I guess LD
That seems like the easy cut

Honestly I never thought about shoving Iron Lad into Destroy but having an extra destroy trigger when you need one or just doubling up on Knull are good times, as well as the high roll on a LD trigger you mentioned.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

It looks like every other Rian art wtf.

But the animes!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm voting Shang-Chi just to spite you now.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I'm petty sure the burning ghost cop is problematic in some way so I'm gonna vote for that. (Also I think it's the coolest looking as far as being suitable for turning into '3d' looping animation.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rian art usually has a high gold price so its really the best value when you think about it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I should have realized that the key to getting the challenge done for taking a location with 10 or less power is to do so via retreating (you or your opponent).

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Shang's an easy vote for me, I don't use HT and cop GR is eh, I don't really like any of Shang's variants

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I love the Art Adams variant, but I'm a nerd for his work, so I'm probably biased. I also like the Pixel version.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Okay so Rian Gonzales is a Filipino woman and Kim Jacinto is a Filipino dude, I am 0 for 2 on guessing the gender

Their art is good!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Red posted:

I love the Art Adams variant, but I'm a nerd for his work, so I'm probably biased. I also like the Pixel version.

I don't think I've ever seen this one in my game but I do dig it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just have Calvin variant for shang chi and I'm ready for anything new

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

FireWorksWell posted:

I don't think I've ever seen this one in my game but I do dig it

I've had that one for a long time. Got it early on, but it doesn't seem to show up much. I see a lot of people with the kid version and it looks so snarky that I hate his stupid face.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I'm voting Shang-Chi just to spite you now.

Same.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Red posted:

I got this from the store since it was really his best variant that you could still get

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Red posted:

I see this one so often I forgot it wasn't the base version

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm a big Rian fan so I'm hoping the community votes for Shang-Chi.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just have Calvin variant for shang chi and I'm ready for anything new

I'll never unsee that variant as Calvin now, thanks

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Red posted:

I'll never unsee that variant as Calvin now, thanks

Baby Mister Sinister also has strong Calvin vibes, and baby Nebula is straight up Spaceman Spiff

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
The Jacinto Shang Chi can look pretty good but that one is still my favorite, dont plan on upgrading it again;

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Red posted:

Opinion invalidated! ;)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Are there any good Knullified variants? each of them feel like bad Venomized variants

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I want to see venomized knull/carnage or knullified venom/carnage or carnagized venom/knull

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nybble posted:

Are there any good Knullified variants? each of them feel like bad Venomized variants

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/knullified/

I personally like Iron Man, Thing, and Spider-woman. But I’m generally thumbs down on most Knull and Venomized variants myself.

Red posted:

I should have realized that the key to getting the challenge done for taking a location with 10 or less power is to do so via retreating (you or your opponent).

Pft no it’s HAZMAT EVERYTHING

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/knullified/

I personally like Iron Man, Thing, and Spider-woman. But I’m generally thumbs down on most Knull and Venomized variants myself.

Pft no it’s HAZMAT EVERYTHING

I haven't gotten the lane with Wong/Mystique/Hazmat/Odin very often, but when I do

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have a deck with high power single cards just for win with 1 or win with 10 power or less that you just retreat on turn 4/5

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I want a better Luke Cage. Even the cool variants don't do the card concept justice compared to the default who is wielding a car door like a shield, which kind of reflects his defensive ongoing ability. All the other variants have him on the attack.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

I want a better Luke Cage. Even the cool variants don't do the card concept justice compared to the default who is wielding a car door like a shield, which kind of reflects his defensive ongoing ability. All the other variants have him on the attack.

Take a closer look at what's happening in the headshot variant.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

I hate his modern look, give us more classic Luke Cage.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Classic Cage variant with him shaking down Dr. Doom for his $200

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I find the whole subgenre pretty lazy, but Knullified Daredevil is pretty cool.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Should I spend tokens on MMMobius? He seems to be in a ton of decks but I can't tell if that's a fleeting meta thing or a Jeff effect or what

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

dipple posted:

Take a closer look at what's happening in the headshot variant.

Oh, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Marx Headroom posted:

Should I spend tokens on MMMobius? He seems to be in a ton of decks but I can't tell if that's a fleeting meta thing or a Jeff effect or what

I find him very boring but that could be my playstyle, though. I don't care that much about my cards being increased and I don't mind if my opponents zabu/sera it up. The only time I care about Mobius is when I am trying to Wave because it fucks that card all up.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 16, 2023