Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

shazbot posted:

agreed, we should tell alcoholics to "just dont drink" and junkies to "just dont do heroin" as well

cities with free needle programs could save so much money if people just tried harder

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

what yard? oh and how do I find time between jobs to grow stuff?

it's a sign of your intelligence that you chose to take that post seriously

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you can tell goons that it's easy to lose weight if you just eat dandelions and they'll still try to debate you lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

really though I'm saying our society makes it difficult to set up and maintain a successful weight loss diet plan, just the time spent to make a meal is a lot with everything factored in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just lift one 850lb weight once a day and you're good.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Orvin posted:

I wonder if this is some type of new scam. Maybe the dealership automatically contacts everyone they give a loan to see which suckers they can get to come back in and refinance at a worse rate. Now that most people have had their car for 2 weeks, they may be unwilling to give it up, and may dumbly sign things they don’t really need to just to keep the car.

I bet a lot of people either ignore it, or come in all pissed off. But if 1 in 10 agree to an extra 1% on the loan, that’s free money for someone at the dealership.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

it's probably a way to get OP to come back to the dealership and refinance under worse rate/terms

Scarabrae posted:

they let you drive the car home without a loan? lmao I’ve never seen that happen

It turns out we did have financing, it just cleared on the 11th day where this letter gets sent on the 10th. My partner went to the dealer this morning ready to fight but they said it's all good and we don't have to do anything. The random posts on the internet indicated that if they really wanted the car they would have been calling us too.

Still not a good feeling to get back home after the weekend and have a letter going "lol give us the car back bitch" waiting with no courtesy calls from anyone telling us to ignore it.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

skooma512 posted:

It turns out we did have financing, it just cleared on the 11th day where this letter gets sent on the 10th. My partner went to the dealer this morning ready to fight but they said it's all good and we don't have to do anything. The random posts on the internet indicated that if they really wanted the car they would have been calling us too.

Still not a good feeling to get back home after the weekend and have a letter going "lol give us the car back bitch" waiting with no courtesy calls from anyone telling us to ignore it.

lol all's well that ends well

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

really though I'm saying our society makes it difficult to set up and maintain a successful weight loss diet plan, just the time spent to make a meal is a lot with everything factored in

Yeah or even just one that's healthy. My A1C clocked at just inside pre-diabetes range, so I'm having to revise what I eat. Most meal plans I see around are eat really expensive poo poo like salmon and avocados, or contradictory stuff like eat tons of/nothing but meat or don't eat a lot of meat. Meanwhile most of the food readily available and affordable is nothing but carbs and sugar and saturated fat. I don't have time to make a spinach omelet every morning. I don't have time to cook anything with the at best 4 hours I have before I have to go to bed on a weeknight. I haven't even been to the drat store in almost a month because my weekends get taken over.

Like all the advice is get 8 hours of sleep and make every from scratch and somehow do this with a 9 hour job and 2 hours of commute. At least I work at a hospital for the moment so their cafeteria at least vaguely tries to be healthy, but they also pack every meal with rice and potatoes which is no go.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

"What do you mean my ADU is non conforming? Does that mean I can't juice the price?"

muh large adu son

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

In Training posted:

I think I would need to make like 2.5x as much money as I do right now to afford to not rent. I'm sure that will happen any day now

with current rent and sale prices ive looked at in nyc and with a 20% down payment, it'd take over 40 years for buying to be worth it, thats just rent vs mortgage, before things like maintenance fees and property tax. id be dead before buying would be worth it

i forsee it causing rent to just go up forever until no 1BR is less than $5000/month cause thats the cheapest mortgage you can get on a condo rn

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

The Top G posted:

Ozempic is the holy grail of medicines, something that will have you losing weight with no additional effort. It’s a drat big deal and we should be grateful that it exists.

when i TA'd anatomy and physiology, and there was a lab dedicated to the gastrointestinal endocrine system. the take home was that it would be very difficult to utilize this system as a weight loss drug, because it was complex with overlapping functions. i guess ozempic brute forced its way through or that lab is being updated.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rauros posted:

when i TA'd anatomy and physiology, and there was a lab dedicated to the gastrointestinal endocrine system. the take home was that it would be very difficult to utilize this system as a weight loss drug, because it was complex with overlapping functions. i guess ozempic brute forced its way through or that lab is being updated.

Ozempic bypasses it by tricking your brain into thinking it's full

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

1. They are worried the i/p conflict will grow.
2. Usa production can not keep running as hot as it is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

yup. gas prices are the most important thing for democrats, especially with the SPR basically wiped out. with potential conflict growing in the ME, and KSA potentially doing even more oil cuts, US is getting desperate to get more oil supplies coming in

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah its more than likely this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There were rumblings of removing sanctions on Iran and Venezuela when the Russian sanctions first happened, but the usa was able to use spr release and running production hot to make up for the oil capacity lost with Russian sanctions.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xaris posted:

yup. gas prices are the most important thing for democrats, especially with the SPR basically wiped out. with potential conflict growing in the ME, and KSA potentially doing even more oil cuts, US is getting desperate to get more oil supplies coming in

the DEMONCRAT party are siding with the COMMUNISTS to give you CHEAP OIL

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1713978560304587161

o...oh

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Xaris posted:

It was either a Hubbert or a Rime post but the thesis was that providing fossil fuels is where western governments derive their right to rule from.

But even so lol the election being decided because car sauce went up in price because of multiple wars the US only sort of were involved in starting, long before this current administration.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/SMTuffy/status/1713995357695135778

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

probably fine

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

egg

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

whoa

we bandy about the egg label quite a bit here in c-spam, but that is one egg-shaped head

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this man is truly the ultimate egg goddamn

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

egged to inflation

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

social responsibility is an eggsistential crisis

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

finally the most progressive president since FDR has delivered his new deal: a means tested tax credit

How in the world is the FHA going to be able to determine whose parents own homes as a pre-qualifier? Self-reporting?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That's egg

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I get all these recruiter emails from startups backed by this chucklefuck and I've gotten great glee by replying that I'd never work for a startup funded by him and to kindly gently caress off. its all crypto bullshit and ai scams anyway so no bridges to burn

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

This + Russia is why the rapid push for all new cars to electric is happening.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

In Training posted:

Jesus lol
Allow homebuyers to leverage income from accessory dwelling units: Today, HUD, through FHA, published new policy allowing prospective borrowers to use a portion of the actual or prospective rental income from an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) to be added to the borrower’s effective income for purposes of qualifying for an FHA-insured mortgage.

From a few pages back but you guys know that this is already an option for qualifying for a conventional mortgage, right? FNMA already buys mortgages for borrowers that qualify this way.

I got out of the mortgage underwriting game over a year ago due to the industry catering for an indeterminable amount of time, but lol at adjusting FHA regulations to spur home buying. FHA financing requirements are already onerous enough, tons of people won't even sell to someone getting FHA financing because the government coming in to do their own inspection means they don't get their money as fast as if they had just sold to a landlord or private equity demon

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

good for Venezuela

It's so the u.s. can stop accepting asylum seekers & also ship migrants back:

quote:

The U.S. also announced this month it would resume direct deportation flights to Venezuela, another sign of thawing relations between the two countries. The strained relationship had limited the United States’ ability to return undocumented Venezuelan migrants.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

wife likes watching these shows and i like calling them the gay guys. a fair trade.

I thought one of the property bros married zooey deschanel

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

like this was the most recent one

some idiots posted:

The firm is proudly backed by Canapi Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz as well as founders and executives from JPMorgan Chase, StoneCastle, AWS, Coinbase, Q2, and BlackRock.

ah yes this sounds like people id like to work for, ghouls and scams

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I thought one of the property bros married zooey deschanel

this is the type of couple that lives in a tree house and has a ukulele doorbell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WELLLLLLLLLL

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

doesn't he mean tethics

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

It was either a Hubbert or a Rime post but the thesis was that providing fossil fuels is where western governments derive their right to rule from.

But even so lol the election being decided because car sauce went up in price because of multiple wars the US only sort of were involved in starting, long before this current administration.
correct: Cheap oil is the modern equivalent of the divine right of kings to rule.

contemporary lifestyle and economics (and resulting treats or even just life) all derive from cheap oil. The amount of work a human can do in a day is around 600 watt-hr, but then here comes fossil fuels wherein a barrell has the energy potential of 700,000 watt-hours, or equivalent to a person working for 40 hours per week for over 4.5 years that requires no food, no healthcare, nothing, it's the perfect slave force-in-organic form. Each american uses around 60 barrels per year. that's a loving lot of work (in the thermodynamic sense) being done for free* to give us the contemporary life. American life is so intrinsically tied to cheap energy that even small shocks in energy pricing throw the hamburger lifestyle way out of balance. Therefore the number one importance for the state to remain in power (and keep accumulating capital) is to keep the supply of energy as cheap and bountiful as possible to while also being The One to consume as much of it as possible. Energy/oil shocks have toppled countries before and spurred massive unrest, and will continue to do so forever.

that's obviously a poor analogy and extremely reductionist; however, if gas ever goes to over $10/gallon, whoever is in power is getting ousted asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

rip FlapYoJacks

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1714002349453087187