Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Olhava also have a new long single out:
https://olhava.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-fire
atmoblack

And Finitude does indeed sound great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
New Priest single, new album coming in March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_l-trEOtbk

I dig it. Firepower was cool and I hope this is too.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Sincere thanks to Nazz for always bringing the goods. Every weekend my partner and I put on headphones and go through your list together and it legit enriches our lives. You're the loving best. :glomp:

:hmmyes: happy to help, I enjoy putting them together for people

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DeimosRising posted:

lmao biledriver what a name

:hmmyes:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

moxieman posted:

New Priest single, new album coming in March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_l-trEOtbk

I dig it. Firepower was cool and I hope this is too.

Halford's voice seems to be in a remarkably good condition!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Saw Venom Inc, Satan, Ringworm, and 72 Legions last night in at Dingbatz in Jersey. I'm sitting at the bar and Bobby Blitz walks in and gets a beer next to my friend and I. Surreal moment, didn't even get a chance to say hi cause he then got swarmed by friends and their friends. Then when Satan started playing, Brian the vocalist starts looking upset with the moshers, and walks off stage mid song. The band finishes and is like wtf? Brian eventually comes back out and says he's not a happy man because the people in the front row are turned around watching the moshing instead of the band and he threatens if the moshing continues he will walk off for good. We're all like uhh really dude it's a fuckin metal show have you not seen this ever before? Granted, it only was like 5-6 people moshing in a small floor, but I've never seen a reaction like that. So they continue on for a while, then Brian talks too long in between and the drummer cuts him off to start the next song cause now they're strapped for time. Still they played really well despite the weird tensions. Venom Inc crushed it and played a lot of good songs and 72 Legions were pretty cool as well.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

very on-brand for Satan to get mad no one is looking at him lol

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Satan need to loving split up already; they keep doing this poo poo at shows

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTyb8s5xHc

this band owns

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

poo poo man, the grocery store video and now this, this band loving rules

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
If you like your black metal melodic as hell, Sorathian Dawn just released their first album in 11 years, and it's a banger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w61DCwMnBDY

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
Went to go see Fear Factory cause they were direct support for Lacuna Coil (blegh). Milo loving killed it. They even busted out freedom or fire, and closed with Resurrection. Got to meet them at the merch booth for free after the show and got them to sign some vinyls for me too. Also huge bonus, got to leave a show at 9:30 for once and got home before midnight. Old man show hours are the best!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

symbolic posted:

i'm a young buck in my 20s who hasn't gone to a show since pre-COVID but this has all reminded how rear end the ringing afterwards at every show was and i'm deffo gonna try for earplugs when i start going to em again since i'm not a fan of these horror stories from people ~20 years my senior

Yeah, I'm no longer in my 20s but I've only been to under five concerts in my life, as I live in non-east coast Australia. (:() But that being said, after reading the recent pages and sitting near a dodgy speaker at an AC/DC concert* (which made noise much more unbearable), I'm definitely gonna be wearing earplugs next time. The ringing the next day was intense, and uh yeah, I'd like to avoid tinnitus if possible!

* This was also the most recent concert I've been to, from memory. It was in *checks notes* late 2015 :negative:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Slightly regretting buying these Botch tickets but IDK, its gonna be maybe a little fun?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

remigious posted:

New Sonata Arctica from my husband Tony! https://youtu.be/oVCXqTZ19Kk?si=ud7yy5SrM6XVAxRd
I have loved every era of this band and this is a pleasant call back to their older style.

About bloody time.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday time
Theocracy on non-BC, pm
Krieg, bm
Stortegn, melodic blackened death
On Thorns I Lay, death doom
Mānbryne, meloblack
Dead and Dripping / Prophecy of Suffering split, brutal death / tech death
Slidhr, bm
Varg, bm
Sulphur Aeon, melodic blackened death
Avenade, alt metal
Body Void, sludgy doom
A Mourning Star on non-BC, melodeath
Kaunis Kuolematon, melodic death doom
Voidescent, bm
Seraphic Entombment, death doom
Missing Kids, stoner doom
Taubra, bm
Mors Subita on non-BC, melodeath
The Voynich Code, progressive dxc
Aiwass, stoner
Blessed Curse, thrash
Akouphenom, avant-garde blackened death
Gévaudan, doom
Arborescence of Wrath, brutal dxc
Malformed, dm
Catafalque, industrial, doom
Felonie, bm
Biledriver, punky sludge
Negative Reaction, sludge

Thank you!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mr. Pickles posted:

Slightly regretting buying these Botch tickets but IDK, its gonna be maybe a little fun?

Saw em on Friday and they kicked rear end it was a ton of fun

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

Saw em on Friday and they kicked rear end it was a ton of fun

Awesome. I was feeling 50/50 about it cos I saw Converge a few months back and they were less than I expected

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Mr. Pickles posted:

Tickets in the UK are really expensive but I think I will do it because they were my favourite band for a good long time

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Oldstench posted:

If you like your black metal melodic as hell, Sorathian Dawn just released their first album in 11 years, and it's a banger.

this slaps, too bad they're not on Spotify

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Varg posted:

Saw Venom Inc, Satan, Ringworm, and 72 Legions last night in at Dingbatz in Jersey. I'm sitting at the bar and Bobby Blitz walks in and gets a beer next to my friend and I. Surreal moment, didn't even get a chance to say hi cause he then got swarmed by friends and their friends. Then when Satan started playing, Brian the vocalist starts looking upset with the moshers, and walks off stage mid song. The band finishes and is like wtf? Brian eventually comes back out and says he's not a happy man because the people in the front row are turned around watching the moshing instead of the band and he threatens if the moshing continues he will walk off for good. We're all like uhh really dude it's a fuckin metal show have you not seen this ever before? Granted, it only was like 5-6 people moshing in a small floor, but I've never seen a reaction like that. So they continue on for a while, then Brian talks too long in between and the drummer cuts him off to start the next song cause now they're strapped for time. Still they played really well despite the weird tensions. Venom Inc crushed it and played a lot of good songs and 72 Legions were pretty cool as well.

:lol: There's video from some fest they did and he pulled this poo poo. What a loving dunce.

At around 9:30 he goes into his rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmu_TOw8rJg&t=573s

Old Brit hates moshing and circle pits.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: There's video from some fest they did and he pulled this poo poo. What a loving dunce.

At around 9:30 he goes into his rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmu_TOw8rJg&t=573s

Old Brit hates moshing and circle pits.

doesn't help that thumbnail looks like

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Nazzadan posted:

Sulphur Aeon, melodic blackened death

Sulphur Aeon are so drat good.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Good stuff.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Looks like Bandcamp is getting gutted with layoffs. Feels bad!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mr. Pickles posted:

Awesome. I was feeling 50/50 about it cos I saw Converge a few months back and they were less than I expected

They sound so good live still, it's kinda nuts given how long they've been apart. If the crowd doesn't suck you should have a fund time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaME5DjN18

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Worm and Dream Unending are putting out a split on 20 Buck Spin this Friday. I think both bands are great, but worm especially is my jam.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Contrary to expectations, my ears seem to be

Don't even know how

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Oldstench posted:

This is very good poo poo, cheers

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

VictualSquid posted:

Olhava also have a new long single out:
https://olhava.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-fire
atmoblack

It's exactly what I expected and they do it so well!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Pickles posted:

Don't even know how

Your petulant insistence on this is extremely American.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Mr. Pickles posted:

Don't even know how

Awesome! Wear earplugs

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think OP saw a doctor.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My apologies, I misread it. Good to see a doctor

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I think OP saw a doctor.

Yeah I am reporting back from the deranged ear doctor. She said my hearing is pristine except for the right ear which has a little trouble with 8000+ bass frequencies, whatever that means. She also stated that this frequency isnt one associated with noise damage, so my ear either got damaged by an infection, or I was born with it. I later remembered I did suffer eardrum puncture on the right ear once (dont ask), this might have been it.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lmao what is wrong with being American???! Have some sympathy, they are getting ultra hosed upon birth, poor souls.

Doc said I should try custom mold earplugs. Im gonna look into those, I hope they got an affordable version cos the internet says I gotta pay like 2.5k for a pair? :|

monochromagic
Jun 17, 2023

Went to the Netherlands for Soulcrusher 2023 last week and it was so good.

Time tables: Friday, Saturday

Started out with Witching on Friday who killed it even though the crowd was a bit dead. Straight on to Afsky who played amazingly as always, I have seen them more than once so I left a bit earlier to get in front for Belzebong. SO. GOOD. They played Witch Rider (somehow even lower and slower than it is on record!!!) and Diabolical Dopenosis as their last songs. Ended up being late for Panzerfaust, so worth it though.

Panzerfaust were great, one of their vocalists is just this huge dude in a mask being absolutely menacing. Skipped Pupil Slicer because I'm not really a grind gal. Misþyrming were really good, unfortunately they had some sound problems that put a bit of a damper on the show.

Skipped VMO and took a break before Alcest... and ended up leaving half-way through the second song. Don't get me wrong, Alcest plays fine atmo blackgaze but after being absolutely destroyed all day by heavy poo poo, it just wasn't the vibe. Missed Ashenspire because I was tired and went back to the hotel, which I regret because they apparently played hell of a show.

The Saturday schedule was packed! Started out with Slow Crush who played bangers only. Unfortunately, and they play gaze adjacent so I understand, her vocals were too far back in the mix in my opinion. It's supposed to be dreamy and ethereal, but was just a bit washed out. Still good though.

Had really been looking forward to Fvnerals, but they played the small stage and it was so packed you couldn't breathe in there. So next show ended up being GGGOLDDD and that completely destroyed me. Not in the usual "my neck hurts" way, but in the "these songs are about my experiences with sexual assault" way. Pretty sure the entire audience cried. Incredible experience.

Decided on a food break and skipped Svalbard/Plebian Grandstand. Seen Svalbard before and Plebian Grandstand is a bit too avantgarde for my tastes. So next up was Rorcal and I LOVE that band. They played mostly from their new album and it absolutely ruled. Got a "girls just wanna have funeral doom" from their merch stand and it's my new favourite.

This... made me late for Ahab, but again, worth it. Ahab loving destroyed though, the sound and lights were incredible and they ended the whole show with The Hunt. If you're into funeral doom I highly recommend them. Straight onto Múr, an islandic high school band I think (they were very young!), who also killed it. Sad I had to choose between those and Helen Money, because I would have loved to see both.

Skipped Enslaved and next up was Iskandr. Or so I thought. They were not my thing at all, so instead I went for Mütterlein. Turned out to be the correct decision because that show was great.

Then we had Cult of Luna, who I have seen many times. I'm primarily into their older stuff (Salvation is my fave of theirs) and they understandably mostly play newer songs. So I enjoyed the show with a beer while sitting on the floor. Had a great time.

LLNN ended the day and that destroyed me in the "I'm over 30 and still insist on moshing" way. The energy was off the charts and it was the perfect way to end an amazing weekend.

Oh, and I wore my earplugs. Of course. :)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

monochromagic posted:

Oh, and I wore my earplugs. Of course. :)

Thank you for your service :911:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Just gonna drop some Mercyful Fate/King Diamond tracks because that's what I've been listening to a lot recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXg6fWrSS7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z21C91rtOu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4aCHZF2TI

I think the basslines in a lot of these tracks are unappreciated. It's kind of understated in the mix, but there's some pretty cool licks going on underneath the guitars.

Also, I saw some live footage of King Diamond playing in like 2020 and I cannot believe that his voice still sounds that good! You'd think that the falsetto register would go first but he sounds just as good as he did in the 80s.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I picked up Don't Break the Oath on vinyl a couple of weeks ago at a record show, it sounds so loving good on big speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjjIna3j1Nc

It's that time again.
:spooky: