Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wow i wonder why no-one is motivated to vote for the dems

a real surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Man, it's really been a mask off moment for liberals.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2391271/media

MSNBC has suspended the shows of three Muslim anchors amid rising tensions in Gaza.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HallelujahLee posted:

a real surprise

This doesn't motivate you?

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1714005865118761124

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

nice to see that obsequiousness to the democrat party pay off for dsa

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1713948978553761835

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wolff also said the USSR would've survived if they had more worker coops

I believe his lived experience as a classmate, not as a coop...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

nice to see that obsequiousness to the democrat party pay off for dsa

they're just so fuckin eager to cast off anyone with any particular beliefs

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

brad sherman is the dumbest man in america

https://twitter.com/BradSherman/status/1712991074531086408?s=20

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

quote:

“He could come back,” Sherman said. “Obviously, I’m not a real fan of how the Iraq War went, but I would think that any reasonable Republican would be somebody that Democrats could work with — if it was part of a system where you didn’t have five of the most extreme Republicans blocking important legislation and saying, ‘If you bring that to the floor for a vote, we’ll knock you out of your Speakership

:cripes:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

oh ok

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Woke up this morning delighted to see that dems have solved the housing crisis

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/10/16/white-house-announces-new-actions-on-homeownership/

quote:

White House Announces New Actions on Homeownership

Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is releasing new data showing major federal investment in homeownership, and announcing key new actions to accelerate progress. These actions make important strides, but given the lack of homes on the market and current interest rates, to truly ensure homeownership is accessible to all households, we need Congress to act. That is why President Biden proposed $16 billion for the Neighborhood Homes Tax Credit, which would result in more than 400,000 homes built or rehabilitated, creating a pathway for more families to buy a home and start building wealth.

The President has also proposed a $10 billion down payment assistance program that would ensure first-time homebuyers whose parents do not own a home can access homeownership alongside a $100 million down payment assistance pilot to expand homeownership opportunities for first-generation and/or low wealth first-time homebuyers.

Access!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this entire thing is literally making it worse and on top of it gives out tax credits for being a landlord

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

a real surprise

It's because they're all secret rethuglicans

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

it really is 9/11 again

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao do it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

they should make W and Trump co speaker

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why is a person running in the Democratic primary for US Congress in Delaware, running against George Santos, a Republican in Flordia?

Nichael, it's Colleen—it was hard to keep my cool when I read this ⬆️

I'm a pretty even-keeled person, even under high-stress situations as Delaware's Treasurer. But when I read about Congressman George Santos stealing credit card information and making fraudulent charges, it hit home.

Nichael, my family lost everything to a fraudster when I was little. We lost everything. I even had to sell my dollhouse.

With so much chaos in Congress right now, we can't afford to let someone like this hold a position of public trust. Nichael, will you add your name to this position to **condemn** Santos' credit card fraud and support sending trustworthy, capable leaders to Congress? davis4de.us/Santos?t=xld0p
Text STOP to quit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Feel like poo poo just want t him back

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Donut holed again lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Too poor to own a house, too rich to not have a parent who owns a house

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

My mother got one of those "please vote" postcards with her name on the address and the wrong name on the back. They're not sending their best.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

cenotaph posted:

My mother got one of those "please vote" postcards with her name on the address and the wrong name on the back. They're not sending their best.

Excel spreadsheets are complicated you just don't understand my job

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Oh good! The worst of all worlds.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Excel spreadsheets are complicated you just don't understand my job

it only happens if you gently caress up the exported data from VAN, or VAN itself fucks up the export....

and the latter is of course quite likely right now because whoops the dems let their critical, lynchpin campaigning software be torched by capital!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

every time they invoke "my woke 8 year old" they dial back the age

makes you think

I was with my pregnant wife when I suddenly heard a sound. I realized it was coming from her belly. I put my ear up against it, and was surprised to hear an adult voice saying "Daddy...is Trump going to stop funding the war in Ukraine?"

I cried

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It was handwritten and the name was similar so I think the person was just mashing them out and hosed up but it's still pretty stupid.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gorson posted:

Not going to watch this whole interview because gently caress that, but there is something very odd about the cadence. I don't think this is an "interview" at all. It looks to me like he's reading a prepared statement and CBS is chopping it up and editing in the questions.

Yeah, at the very least it's very heavily edited.

Another possibility is that Biden was just told to record himself reading pre-prepared answers to the questions, and those recordings were spliced in.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

There's a jump cut in the middle of a sentence lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goddamn elon twitter doesn't work half the time

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

[Biden in one week] Hello. Bibi. You are... QUITE good. At. Geno. Cide.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

quote:

Democrats should stay out of this, the Republican House members are finally being good at something, making themselves look like complete dipshits. Everyone should just let them keep doing this as long as possible or I guess until the next shutdown looms.

Remember when "Haha, let's watch the government burn itself down" was accelerationism and bad to want?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh my god

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

[succ]

Bishyaler posted:

tequila sundown

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) warned against critics of the Israel Defense Forces’ (IDF) airstrikes on Gaza drawing a “dangerous false equivalency” between Israel and Hamas, which he called an “evil organization.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4259074-schumer-warns-against-dangerous-false-equivalency-between-israel-hamas/

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

Why is a person running in the Democratic primary for US Congress in Delaware, running against George Santos, a Republican in Flordia?

Nichael, it's Colleen—it was hard to keep my cool when I read this ⬆️

I'm a pretty even-keeled person, even under high-stress situations as Delaware's Treasurer. But when I read about Congressman George Santos stealing credit card information and making fraudulent charges, it hit home.

Nichael, my family lost everything to a fraudster when I was little. We lost everything. I even had to sell my dollhouse.

With so much chaos in Congress right now, we can't afford to let someone like this hold a position of public trust. Nichael, will you add your name to this position to **condemn** Santos' credit card fraud and support sending trustworthy, capable leaders to Congress? davis4de.us/Santos?t=xld0p
Text STOP to quit

Isn't George Santos from NY?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Isn't George Santos from NY?

whatever, he has no relevance whatsoever to a democratic primary in delaware, so it makes sense for dems to earn votes by talking about him since nothing else is going on

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

whatever, he has no relevance whatsoever to a democratic primary in delaware, so it makes sense for dems to earn votes by talking about him since nothing else is going on

yeah it's just funny that they cant even get their dumbass talking points right

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

[Biden in one week] Hello. Bibi. You are... QUITE good. At. Geno. Cide.

Genocidin Joe Biden is at it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Schmuck Choomer