Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

If they bring back a lighter color for the soft top and seats, I will be truly, deeply, soulfully glad I waited to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So I did end up selling my ND and I have some cool accessories left over and available for sale in SA Mart at 50% discounts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4043359&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post534994775

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm absolutely biased but go stare close at a jet black mica. it's not just black. in the sun, with a good wash and some 9h on it, there are galaxies in there. poo poo looks like a jwst photo. i love it.

I actually turned down a '23 soul red crystal that i reserved; it's a gorgeous, gorgeous color, but I cannot get past the fact that all ND2 RF roofs are black. It looked like a tuner kid already laid hands on it. Also I figured that the paint would be impossible to ever fix cleanly. 7 stages or some poo poo.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Eyud posted:

There’s a refresh coming next year, so the next generation is still at least a few years away.

quote:

• Some specification changes ← CDDVD abolished

nooo I've been meaning to pick up the CD player from a japanese parts site, should really get on that now.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Granite Octopus posted:

nooo I've been meaning to pick up the CD player from a japanese parts site, should really get on that now.

I have a CD player/smaller glove box you can have if you want to pay shipping on it. See my post above.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Maybe they need a Japanese CD player to listen to their imported anime OSTs?

If the glass rear window on an NB is starting to wear through, is there any way to save the top or should I be shopping for a new one?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Uhh how exactly is the glass window wearing through? Mine still looks like new while the soft top is falling apart around it.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Not the glass itself, the edge of the glass is just barely starting to show through the leather (canvas? I'm not sure what to call the material).

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cat Hatter posted:

Not the glass itself, the edge of the glass is just barely starting to show through the leather (canvas? I'm not sure what to call the material).

Take it to an interiors/convertible tops shop and ask them. They may be able to patch it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Am I totally bonkers for taking off the little splash guards in front of the NC front wheels? Can’t be that big of an aerodynamic impact can it?

They were just stapled onto the inner fender liners and they were scraping everywhere. It’s an autocross car >50% of the time.

I suppose worst-case scenario they can just get stapled back on. What a stupid thing to overthink lol.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

ND3 announced

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not more zoom-zoom? Seems like a pretty nice minor refresh (like NB1-NB2) but it'd have to last until NE I think so I was expecting a bit more.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Looks like a fine update to me. Doesn’t need more power.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I'm still clinging to the dream that the US might get a tan top.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I read that article and thought “holy poo poo Miatas are 40k now!?”

And then I realized that was in AUD.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Elysium posted:

I read that article and thought “holy poo poo Miatas are 40k now!?”

And then I realized that was in AUD.

An RF will hit $40k US in Club with an option, hell just picking red is near enough.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
quote for that soul red '23 RF GT i looked at in December was 43.5 before haggling. (i walked, got my '20 for 33.5)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I really miss a good bright blue like the 10ae.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
2006 Victory Blue best blue.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Am I out of my skull for considering a staggered setup with the x9's in the back and x8 front?

I think it'd look so good with the fat ND booty.

I'd have to figure out spacers or something i think.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
just do a square setup

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah never mind, this is a dumb idea. the tires for those 9" wheels are really expensive anyways. 8's it is

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I've wanted bronze wheels on my cars for as long as I can remember, but then I see some hyper silver ones on the ND and they look pretty darn good...

Not that I'm ready to buy a new wheel setup just yet .

Seconding square wheels because I'm frugal and like the ability to rotate tires (and run cheaper size tires).

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I like bronze wheels, but I have to admit I like my NC better with hyper silver roundies.

Old

New

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Bronze wheels with a blue car is extremely choice if you can swing it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If I end up getting an NC I really want to do FD RX7 stock silver wheels

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Jonny 290 posted:

Am I out of my skull for considering a staggered setup with the x9's in the back and x8 front?

I think it'd look so good with the fat ND booty.

I'd have to figure out spacers or something i think.

May I recommend the teddy bear ronals instead?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Goober Peas posted:

:emptyquote:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Goober Peas posted:

oh i'm not _that_ cool, haha

Confirmed the shop appointment for the final fix - oct 23rd. should be in for about a week. I'm gonna take that time to get the wheels in, get tires on those, and get Blizzaks on the stock wheels. i thumb my nose at Winter

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just lost out on a great deal for an NB2, original owner 130k miles and pretty nice condition for $3700.

The seller was an older guy and wasn't communicating very well so by the time I got there someone else got there literally a minute before me and nabbed it, even tho I had cash in hand and the first guy didn't, seller is giving him the opportunity to get some so maybe if I luck out the guy will flake but I doubt it.

[edit] The seller called me to tell me he's taking it off the market because his son wants it, aka I'm taking it off the market because I priced it too low and will relist it at a higher price

This is what happens when people don't bring cash to good deals lol

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 17, 2023

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Well, the turbo build is just about complete. Few things left to do, and a power steering leak to fix, but good enough for the dyno.

End result? 230hp, 200ftlbs, and the electronic boost control dialed in to maintain that 200ftlbs as flat as possible. The lower power pull is on wastegate pressure. It only drops to 180ftlbs at redline with the EBC, the car is silly now. It was raining on the drive home, I planted my foot at about 2500rpm in 2nd, and when I got to 4500rpm, the rears started spinning. I am going to get into trouble with this, and I do not care in the slightest.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat that sounds nice. I think this is around what Greg's green supercharged* miata makes and it seems silly fast in action. Easily more than what I'd be able to safely use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZAD2jOb2g&t=109s

What's still holding me back though is that the Miata is still my most reliable transportation and I don't want to gently caress that up, the kit costs more than the car is worth, and I'd have to pay bribes at every bi-annual inspection from now on :v:

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Joined the Miata crew this week with a '21 RF GT :toot:

This is my first manual, I've never driven stick before, I'm having a blast and stalling more than I'd like to admit

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Fish Cake posted:

This is my first manual, I've never driven stick before, I'm having a blast and stalling more than I'd like to admit

Congrats!! The manual will be second nature in no time.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Fish Cake posted:

Nice, I got my first manual in May and I still stall sometimes.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

phosdex posted:

Nice, I got my first manual in May and I still stall sometimes.

I've been driving manuals nearly exclusively since 1996 and I stalled mine recently when my flipflop slid off the clutch pedal. poo poo happens lol

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

You drive with flipflops? :cripes:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yes people wear flip flops and need to drive their car places sometimes.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Wibla posted:

You drive with flipflops? :cripes:

Only to and fro work at the salon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
RF gang +1 hell yeah

Mine will be out of the shop next week

Grab the cravenspeed door bushings if you wanna Do Something To It, they make the door closing feel so much better