Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

VOW Flagship opened their show with the most important news story this week: Takuya Nomura vs Fuminori Abe

Five star match, it loving rocked, the absolute best that modern-BattlArts style is going to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like sempervive has taken a bigger swig of stupid juice than usual this week.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Life is too short for Semp Shows

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Trying posted:

Life is too short for Semp Shows

seriously :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haven't listened to a semp show this year. wol is unlistenable.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I call him Mark Shemperpeepee

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sleep with the vicious posted:

Five star match, it loving rocked, the absolute best that modern-BattlArts style is going to get.

Yeah, it was just so loving tasty.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lol vinnys answer when bryan asked which steak was better

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I call him Mark Shemperpeepee

Got his rear end.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I might have to just stop listening to anything with Mike on it at all because he sucks so loving bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave and Bryan were chatting about the WBF days (both of them bought the PPVs, only Bryan bought ICO-PRO :allears:) and Dave told a pretty amazing story. Apparently when Dave was talking to Vince McMahon, Vince told him all about a meeting he'd had with the bodybuilders, the questions they asked, what Vince answered etc, all in great detail. Anyway, Dave knew a bodybuilder involved so asked him for confirmation that the meeting went as Vince had told him, and the guy replied,"....what meeting? There was no meeting :confused:"

So Dave just assumed it was Vince bullshitting him and moved on. Months later, that same bodybuilder calls up Dave and tells him,"So we just had a meeting with Vince. It went EXACTLY like Vince told you that other meeting went. Including all the questions the bodybuilders asked and all the answers Vince gave :stare:"

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Dave and Bryan were chatting about the WBF days (both of them bought the PPVs, only Bryan bought ICO-PRO :allears:) and Dave told a pretty amazing story. Apparently when Dave was talking to Vince McMahon, Vince told him all about a meeting he'd had with the bodybuilders, the questions they asked, what Vince answered etc, all in great detail. Anyway, Dave knew a bodybuilder involved so asked him for confirmation that the meeting went as Vince had told him, and the guy replied,"....what meeting? There was no meeting :confused:"

So Dave just assumed it was Vince bullshitting him and moved on. Months later, that same bodybuilder calls up Dave and tells him,"So we just had a meeting with Vince. It went EXACTLY like Vince told you that other meeting went. Including all the questions the bodybuilders asked and all the answers Vince gave :stare:"

You left out that all those questions came from exactly one guy as an obvious work I thought for a minute you meant Vince had some insane predictive insight into the whole room of guys.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

0konner posted:

You left out that all those questions came from exactly one guy as an obvious work I thought for a minute you meant Vince had some insane predictive insight into the whole room of guys.

Foresight Vince > Foresight Hogan

...or maybe he isn't, brother!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Stone Cold Steve Austin planted a Rattlesnake backstage and threw Triple H in the room with it on Monday Night Raw. Now, Triple H shows up on SmackDown! with a giant snake bite on his face. He tells everyone that wrestling has changed and it’s not worth his life. Triple H is going to hand over the WWF Championship to Stone Cold and retire at the end of the night. Or is he brother… Also, Mick Foley convinced The Rock that Rock 'n' Sock Connection needed to have one final match before The Rock goes off on his big singles career. The Main Event is The Rock & Mankind vs The New Age Outlaws for the WWF Tag Team Titles. Chris Jericho fights Mr. Hughes, Jeff Jarrett gets ready for his “Good Housekeeping match” with Chyna, and the Terri Invitational Tournament continues with the Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian. Plus, the DEADLOCK Q&A Returns!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

0konner posted:

Haha I actually missed it was one guy asking the questions, I thought Vince had just conned them all over time into asking the questions he wanted them to ask so they wouldn't realize they were being worked, and the one guy only figured it out because Vince had laid it all out to Dave months earlier not knowing Dave knew one of the people who would eventually be involved.

Edit: It's also surreal being reminded that Vince used to regularly call up and chat with Dave about stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh hey, I know I've had no interest in Bryan's video sideline but maybe I should change my mind, here's an excerpt video from his discussion of Vince McMahon being overruled and taken out of creative for WWE from today's WOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU&t=5s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh hey, I know I've had no interest in Bryan's video sideline but maybe I should change my mind, here's an excerpt video from his discussion of Vince McMahon being overruled and taken out of creative for WWE from today's WOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU&t=5s

I am usually pretty good about keeping my reactions in check when listening to stuff at the office, but when he delivered his summation today I had to laugh out loud. Refreshingly direct.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

Stone Cold Steve Austin planted a Rattlesnake backstage and threw Triple H in the room with it on Monday Night Raw. Now, Triple H shows up on SmackDown! with a giant snake bite on his face. He tells everyone that wrestling has changed and it’s not worth his life. Triple H is going to hand over the WWF Championship to Stone Cold and retire at the end of the night. Or is he brother… Also, Mick Foley convinced The Rock that Rock 'n' Sock Connection needed to have one final match before The Rock goes off on his big singles career. The Main Event is The Rock & Mankind vs The New Age Outlaws for the WWF Tag Team Titles. Chris Jericho fights Mr. Hughes, Jeff Jarrett gets ready for his “Good Housekeeping match” with Chyna, and the Terri Invitational Tournament continues with the Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian. Plus, the DEADLOCK Q&A Returns!

God this episode rules. There will never be a Green Steve.

Also the boys pseudo-ish-pre-spoiling-ish GYV through sheer hype was great.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: It's also surreal being reminded that Vince used to regularly call up and chat with Dave about stuff.

Wouldn’t shock me one bit if he still does.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
How do you gently caress up “Kane”??

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

doos posted:

God this episode rules. There will never be a Green Steve.

Also the boys pseudo-ish-pre-spoiling-ish GYV through sheer hype was great.

I think my favorite new(ish) deadlock thing is getting so mad every time someone misses call time

One PM Sean didn't you read the email Sean

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

Legitimately crying at this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is the "heezo heezo" thing a Deadlock invention or is that really like a "let's take it home" sign that wrestlers use?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
carmaker Citroen unveiled a new model called e-c3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So apparently Bryan got to know Jim Barnett when Barnett was sent by WWE to check out some of Tim Flowers' students, and would drive him around places. Barnett ended up with a "job" of watching WWE shows and sending in notes which WWE basically just ignored (Bryan said this should be Vince's new job, he writes a bunch of notes and everybody just loving ignores him).

Anyway, I guess since Barnett's dead, Bryan didn't mind revealing that around 2002/2003, Barnett would call him up and just flat out say,"Yeah I didn't watch any shows this week, can you send me notes and I'll just give them to WWE and pretend they're mine?" :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan didn't mind revealing that around 2002/2003, Barnett would call him up and just flat out say,"Yeah I didn't watch any shows this week, can you send me notes and I'll just give them to WWE and pretend they're mine?" :allears:

the irony...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently Bryan got to know Jim Barnett when Barnett was sent by WWE to check out some of Tim Flowers' students, and would drive him around places. Barnett ended up with a "job" of watching WWE shows and sending in notes which WWE basically just ignored (Bryan said this should be Vince's new job, he writes a bunch of notes and everybody just loving ignores him).

Anyway, I guess since Barnett's dead, Bryan didn't mind revealing that around 2002/2003, Barnett would call him up and just flat out say,"Yeah I didn't watch any shows this week, can you send me notes and I'll just give them to WWE and pretend they're mine?" :allears:

That rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave: You and Punk are the only people who don't know who Burt Young was.
Bryan: Me and Phil... maybe we'll get along better now?
Dave: :laugh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Dave: You and Punk are the only people who don't know who Burt Young was.
Bryan: Me and Phil... maybe we'll get along better now?
Dave: :laugh:

lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Had a good laugh at Dave thinking there would be more people at a Broncos game than Wrestlemania.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dango Bango posted:

Had a good laugh at Dave thinking there would be more people at a Broncos game than Wrestlemania.

Denver home games this season have all been over 76000 people, Mania this year didn't clear 68000 on either night

I hope you're not one of those dopes that adds up both nights of Wrestlemania as a single attendance

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan wondering if he has enough juice with the NFL to sneak a wrestling match into the Super Bowl somewhere

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Khan wondering if he has enough juice with the NFL to sneak a wrestling match into the Super Bowl somewhere

Half-Time Heat with Mox and Omega.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Denver home games this season have all been over 76000 people, Mania this year didn't clear 68000 on either night

I hope you're not one of those dopes that adds up both nights of Wrestlemania as a single attendance

Huh. I stand corrected then. The Broncos suck and I had it in my head the stadium capacity was lower than SoFi. And I assumed additional seating for a wrestling show versus football would put Wrestlemania well over.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It would but Mania has huge stages that take up a bunch of seating now

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Huh. I stand corrected then. The Broncos suck and I had it in my head the stadium capacity was lower than SoFi. And I assumed additional seating for a wrestling show versus football would put Wrestlemania well over.

WWE has lower seating capacity than NFL in NFL stadiums because they cut off a quarter or more of the available seating to put their giant stage up. The amount of seats on the field itself is actually miniscule compared to any bowl section, it's an optical illusion.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dango Bango posted:

Also I think he was talking about TV audience, assuming it's going to be on TV as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

He used to tell Barnett stories all the time. I forget if he did an impression or if that was Zenk on WOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He used to tell Barnett stories all the time. I forget if he did an impression or if that was Zenk on WOL.

i think that was tom and the impressions angered bryan