Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Air Force and Navy both apparently lost their Tier One Teams, and some instructors of the Air Force SF school were KIA as well.

Gaza is already blockaded so the Israeli Navy putting to sea won't make a difference and won't reassure the public. Just from what was released, Southern Command lost many, many mid-level officers, who knows what shape the army is in?

So, again, suppose you're in Israeli government. What is the least risky course of action? Carpet bombing Gaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Ardennes posted:

Part of is also, while you can have artillery working day and night on a city for weeks/months, it is just a little more tricky to do it with a air force made up multi-role jets. They obviously have killed tons of people but at the same time it is easier said than done to demolish an urban area.

Grozny was 400,000 in 1989, while Gaza city and its suburbs are 1 million plus+. At a certain point it is just about raw firepower to level an area that big.

Moreover, they know if they go into Gaza proper, but don't take Gaza city at least, they are just going to be suck in combat continuously without end.

So it makes sense their current strategy is to keep on bombing until their jets give out, but there isn't much of a plan B after that.

They're going to run out of air munitions long before they destroy Gaza city.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
They're chaotic evil and Israel is lawful good hurrrrrr suuuuur puurruj kkksjjhxjk

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
aw gently caress
https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1714016349729718295?s=20
loving western media freakout over basic support for Palestine

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Israel considering deployment of the 6 hour probation word

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

even animals know israel is evil

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

The Air Force and Navy both apparently lost their Tier One Teams, and some instructors of the Air Force SF school were KIA as well.

Gaza is already blockaded so the Israeli Navy putting to sea won't make a difference and won't reassure the public. Just from what was released, Southern Command lost many, many mid-level officers, who knows what shape the army is in?

So, again, suppose you're in Israeli government. What is the least risky course of action? Carpet bombing Gaza.

How'd that happen? Just part of the close by forces that hamas whacked day 1?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Ground invasion does sound like a stupid move for israel and it seems like they have figured that out but also like dont they HAVE to invade after all this buildup? Would be kind of embarrassing not to

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

aw gently caress
https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1714016349729718295?s=20
loving western media freakout over basic support for Palestine

The fact that this guy thought a six year old was going to jihad him makes it even worse Jesus Christ what the gently caress

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

There is a C-SPAM Behind The Bastards Podcast thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969855

It gets good on page 4 when a moderator from a different forum starts posting.

i bought that dude a avatar callin him dumb

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

They're going to run out of air munitions long before they destroy Gaza city.

The water supply seems hosed

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Frosted Flake posted:

hahaha eat poo poo IDF

also tier one teams are 100% war criminals across the board in any country

tier one teams is basically a nice way of saying dudes that are willing to commit war crimes for country imo

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Ground invasion does sound like a stupid move for israel and it seems like they have figured that out but also like dont they HAVE to invade after all this buildup? Would be kind of embarrassing not to

Yeah tbh I see a ground invasion as something they have to do to keep the ruling government in power so I wouldn't get my hopes up on it not happening

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's a contradiction in the west (incl. israel) where they love military and dream of crushing their enemies but are very wary of troops dying. cant have it both ways

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/squatsons/status/1713887576145416279

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Yeah tbh I see a ground invasion as something they have to do to keep the ruling government in power so I wouldn't get my hopes up on it not happening

Israel is thinking with their brain stems at the current moment. They’ll have to go in because they’re in a rage after their whole military/political philosophy for ten years was just discredited. The Iron dome was like their Maginot line.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

dang thats good

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1713918251955032122

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) warned against critics of the Israel Defense Forces’ (IDF) airstrikes on Gaza drawing a “dangerous false equivalency” between Israel and Hamas, which he called an “evil organization.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4259074-schumer-warns-against-dangerous-false-equivalency-between-israel-hamas/

Oh yes that would be a false equivalence all right.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://x.com/adamjohnsonchi/status/1714033034092073067

lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

That's exactly the situation they find themselves in yeah. Plus, they can't defeat Hamas "for good" unless they go in directly.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WealthyAutocrat/status/1714015078897348743

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

lmfao

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I don't disagree really, bu it really doesn't seem like the IDF is in the same for actually taking Gaza City; even some of the other suburbs may be a push. Also, they can't pull in troops from other commands at this point because they have their hands full.

There is no reason for Hezbollah to make a big push at this point while Israel hasn't committed to Gaza, Iranian forces are still on the move into Syria, and the IAF hasn't burnt out yet.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Zoeb posted:

One Russian flag? I have mixed feelings about it and I am ambivalent but I think that is something over which reasonable leftists can disagree in good faith. It shouldn't be a deal breaker if your against the war.

Years ago I was at a protest against the Iraq war, before it started and we had people there from some wacky ufo cult and nobody thought much of it.

Yeah, one Russian flag. For context, the dude is Ukrainian and hugely anti-Russian, he even went over there with a press pass and got embedded with some fighters. He said "seeing people take selfies with the guy holding the orc flag was all I needed to see to discount the entire movement," and since then most of the content he's been sharing in the chat has been bullshit blaming Egypt and Hamas and everyone except Israel.

I do find it difficult, the flag thing, because I recall the time someone at the antivaxx convoy had a nazi flag and the general discourse was that old chestnut "if you're not beating up the guy with the nazi flag you're at a nazi rally." It's not the same level of evil, I think, but i do find it difficult to reconcile since essentially the same kind of tacit acceptance is happening when someone rocks a Russian flag at a Palestine rally.

But I suppose I could throw it back in his face by saying "I saw one Azov flag at a Ukrainian protest so now I think all Ukrainians are nazis." I realize this is sort of a :canofworms: ITT and I'm showing my rear end as also being a bit lib-brained but that's where I'm at.

Mister Speaker has issued a correction as of 23:07 on Oct 16, 2023

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
I just checked the weather in gaza and it’s clear and balmy???

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Reported for pro Hamas propaganda

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

actually its only mostly sunni

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

really want an asymmetrical guerilla game where u can be a cool insurgency too bad woke game industry made donkey kong Bi

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Throwing my remaining officers into a meatgrinder to save face. Where have I seen this before lately...

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
before continuing i would like everyone posting to openly condemn Hamas for their cruel acts we will be logging the condemnings in the OP as the thread whitelist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

FirstnameLastname posted:

really want an asymmetrical guerilla game where u can be a cool insurgency too bad woke game industry made donkey kong Bi

I mean there's Tonight We Riot

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

:|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i stand with hamas