Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Endorph posted:

4.6 arlecchino (pyro polearm)

But we have Hu Tao at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Boat Stuck posted:

But we have Hu Tao at home

hey, maybe we'll finally get a 5-star Xiangling

and maybe the next character after that will be a unicorn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and maybe the next character after that will be a unicorn
ganyu's constellation.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
My primos are certainly in danger over the next few patches.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

:same:

Furina, Navia and Arlecchino are must haves :ohdear:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm huffing copium that they will change her to sword because pyro polearm already feels very full.

I couldn't take what they did to Dehya, if Arlecchino isn't an on-fielder that will probably make me quit.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m coping that they have plans for geo with two Geo characters coming. Wondering if maybe will be a Gorou replacement (I hope so). They already have one damage type to neglect with physical so it would be nice to give Geo some love.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gorou's pretty good. My hopes are a.) a character that turns crystallize into a real reaction (something we've all wanted since 1.0 and the thing that makes geo bad) and b.) a geo onfielder that can use yunjin better. I'd have said a def scaling maruchessee user but noelle+furina is quite good for that.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Glad they gave a couple weeks for the flagship event again cause after grinding out the rest of Sumeru exploration and content over the past few months 2-5 hours a day every day I'm kind of Genshin'd out for a bit. After Wriothsley's banner is out tomorrow I'll probably get going on that event and try to do Baizhu's story quest and maybe Kaeya's hangout while I'm hanging around Liyue and Mondstadt for it and then Yoimiya's second story quest before the end of the current patch cycle and while I'm getting the last dozen or so Dendroculi, but like gently caress me I need a break from Genshin as a main focus for a bit now. I still can't believe I'm finally in a position I consider caught up after all this time though. Like literally since the day I started playing the game actively in mid 1.4 I've been about 4 content patches behind literally up to the current 4.1 and fell way behind on even the Archon quests with Sumeru, only managing to complete them over this summer. I don't want to literally run out of content in the game entirely, but I don't really want to end up like that again either.

rio posted:

I’m coping that they have plans for geo with two Geo characters coming. Wondering if maybe will be a Gorou replacement (I hope so). They already have one damage type to neglect with physical so it would be nice to give Geo some love.

Cloud Retainer is maybe looking to power creep Faruzan if the leaks are accurate by the sound of things that's all I know for elemental supports. Chiori might be Geo as well and Navia is all but confirmed for it so sit tight just a while longer hopefully. Also yeah other than Eula I don't think there's any real dedicated physical DPS character in the game.

No Wave posted:

Gorou's pretty good. My hopes are a.) a character that turns crystallize into a real reaction (something we've all wanted since 1.0 and the thing that makes geo bad) and b.) a geo onfielder that can use yunjin better. I'd have said a def scaling maruchessee user but noelle+furina is quite good for that.

Supposedly Navia picks up crystals from reactions and loads users them to power up some sort of cannon type attack, which if that's the case she better get good multipliers off of that. The degree of relative difficulty in powering up an attack should be suitably reflected in the bonuses it provides.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 16, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Current Cloid Retainer leaks don't seem particularly reliable to make judgements on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

I'm huffing copium that they will change her to sword because pyro polearm already feels very full.

I couldn't take what they did to Dehya, if Arlecchino isn't an on-fielder that will probably make me quit.
Eh, 'pyro polearm feels full' is a bit nothing of a statement, there's plenty of ways to make characters unique within their weapon types.

Especially since the two harbingers we have already have buttons they press to give them completely unique mechanics.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pls don't make me farm more VV EM pieces for another anemo character, I'm begging you hoyo

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The third part of the poetry event was really sweet. It's just too bad Noelle died on the way back to her home planet and we got stuck with Mika the last third of the event

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The CR leaks are so vague. They imply she'll reduce def based on party HP fluctuations and also she'll have a new artifact set but how could a support anemo not want to be on venerer? She'd have to have -RES baked in or be a support specific to anemo/geo/dendro. Also interested to see if they give her ousia/pneuma and a swim jump.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

The CR leaks are so vague. They imply she'll reduce def based on party HP fluctuations and also she'll have a new artifact set but how could a support anemo not want to be on venerer? She'd have to have -RES baked in or be a support specific to anemo/geo/dendro. Also interested to see if they give her ousia/pneuma and a swim jump.

If they give CR swim jump and not Kokomi I'm gonna have an actual fit about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

definitely not ousia/pneuma, itd be extremely out of place and its not really a mechanic they seem to care about pushing much.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The vibes I get is that any character more than 2 patches away is barely in the conceptual stages, and can have anything up to and including their element and weapon scrapped and replaced at any time (tho going this far is rare). So I'm not super interested in keeping up with potential 4.4 stuff.

Tho I will say that I do hope she can do at least some of the stuff they say. After bumbling thru last rotation's abyss mostly with "main dps" fruit nahida and sac frags non-em koko I've kinda sorta dropped Alhaitham and Neuvillette from my pull list and I'd really like some more new characters to start filling it up again :/

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'm just glad that the leaks are showing that the easily flustered, over-sharing crane mom is going to be playable, big fan of hers since the Ganyu quest and her "I'm not mad" speech after learning that ningguang built another jade chamber. It is strange that Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper didn't have too much to do after their introductions though

I hope they start exploring different fighting styles with weapons the same way they've done with catalyst users though, I'd love to see someone who has explosion damage on their third hit basic attack that isn't a claymore user just as some variety in overworld teams for rock breaking.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 16, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm just glad that the leaks are showing that the easily flustered, over-sharing crane mom is going to be playable, big fan of hers since the Ganyu quest and her "I'm not mad" speech after learning that ningguang built another jade chamber. It is strange that Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper didn't have too much to do after their introductions though

I hope they start exploring different fighting styles with weapons the same way they've done with catalyst users though, I'd love to see someone who has explosion damage on their third hit basic attack that isn't a claymore user just as some variety in overworld teams for rock breaking.

Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper don't have plucky students as 5 star playable characters to draw them into the story nor a quirky "harumph" personality of their own to create intrigue. Also not having a unique female human form creates a bit of a bias as well.

I'm still not entirely convinced it's Cloud Retainer though until I see Mihoyo confirm it for themselves same as I don't necessarily believe there's any for sure playable characters coming up aside from Navia, Furina, Charlotte and Clorinde. Well okay maybe like 60% convinced since it's been teased for a while now that Cloud Retainer is a playable character for the Lantern Rite and there's even a supposed leaked kit available. If she's not than it's probably the biggest hustle fake leakers would have ever pulled off on the community and the damage it would do to the leaking communities credibility would be unprecedented as would the fallout from it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I would not trust the CR leak as far as one can throw it, the leaks on the Lantern Rite character have been swaying back and forth for months and they frankly all seem like guesswork. Even the most accurate pre-beta Furina leaks were sorta wrong -- her stacks supposedly scaled up in power at certain thresholds, which may have been part of an early design but did not show up at all by beta where they've always been a single value -- and leakers have had huge misses recently like "Wriothesley is Cryo Polearm and Standard" which nobody disputed with Cryo Catalyst until a week or two before the beta. They were guessing Chiori was a 4*, which may or may not still be true and, if not true, may or may not have been true at the time they "leaked" it (which could just have been them guessing); possibly, she was always meant to be a 5*, or possibly they decided to bump her up to one.

They also said things like "4.6 will be the last Fontaine patch" which appears to contradict the number of 5* characters they now have to get through, and nobody has been able to reliably peg Clorinde's actual release patch with anything even approaching reliability. If these "leakers" are correct about much of anything this far out it's just an accident.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Momoka the 5* Geo Bow catgirl :allears:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

All I want in this game is Baeonetta Bird, please Mihoyo

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Nakar posted:

I would not trust the CR leak as far as one can throw it, the leaks on the Lantern Rite character have been swaying back and forth for months and they frankly all seem like guesswork. Even the most accurate pre-beta Furina leaks were sorta wrong -- her stacks supposedly scaled up in power at certain thresholds, which may have been part of an early design but did not show up at all by beta where they've always been a single value -- and leakers have had huge misses recently like "Wriothesley is Cryo Polearm and Standard" which nobody disputed with Cryo Catalyst until a week or two before the beta. They were guessing Chiori was a 4*, which may or may not still be true and, if not true, may or may not have been true at the time they "leaked" it (which could just have been them guessing); possibly, she was always meant to be a 5*, or possibly they decided to bump her up to one.

They also said things like "4.6 will be the last Fontaine patch" which appears to contradict the number of 5* characters they now have to get through, and nobody has been able to reliably peg Clorinde's actual release patch with anything even approaching reliability. If these "leakers" are correct about much of anything this far out it's just an accident.

but what will i have to get mad about if i dont treat leaks as gospel

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You could get mad about Wriothsley being boring.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

He's a Dude's Rock kind of guy who just likes to punch things and make friends with his fists

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
Just pick anything and get mad about it. The world is your angry, screeching oyster.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Reformat posted:

tbh, furina chinese mechanic bayonetta embarrassing bird mom could be sub-dehya tier, and i'd still sink 180 pulls to get her if i have to

and also furina

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I'm kinda mad that they keep taking cute little minigames like finchball and dodoco's reconquista away. While star railers are still allowed to do things like the local business quest, and that bug thing. Even if they're new accounts maybe? Unfair.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
My understanding is that since Genshin is open world, they're MUCH more aggressive about culling content to keep the game size in check on phones.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Danakir posted:

My understanding is that since Genshin is open world, they're MUCH more aggressive about culling content to keep the game size in check on phones.
They're definitely not keeping it in check on consoles because my Genshin download on the PS5 is over 50 gigs and there's no tool afaik to just delete the one-time events

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Danakir posted:

Genshin is 30.58 GB on my phone, and that's just with ENG installed. It dwarfs my next biggest which is Overcast, a podcast app which I have forgotten that I've set to download certain podcasts.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
In the past I've always said that constellations are fake and also lies. But I regret to inform you all that I've rolled for Neuvillette's C1 due to Wrio just not grabbing me at all... and I'm not sorry.

Now I can pair him with Furina with no hesitation. All upside baby!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nakar posted:

Don't think we're ever going back to .6 being the last patch of a given region cycle. The only reason that seemed to happen is that the game launched in late September at first with 2 regions and a prologue and Chapter 1 with a very obvious goal to start Inazuma in the summer, have the halfway point of each patch be the Lantern Rite for Chinese new year etc. If the game had launched in June 2020 instead I have little doubt that there would have been a 1.7 and 1.8 patch as well at this point. They're so particular about wanting to keep a specific schedule for the games content that they even shortened 3 patches by a week at one point after the Shanghai covid lock down just to get things back on their preferred schedule.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Danakir posted:

In the past I've always said that constellations are fake and also lies. But I regret to inform you all that I've rolled for Neuvillette's C1 due to Wrio just not grabbing me at all... and I'm not sorry.

Now I can pair him with Furina with no hesitation. All upside baby!
I didn't think Neuvillette lacking knockback was a problem until I started doing the Dragonspine stuff again where it's definitely a problem but that's more of the fault of Dragonspine being the dirt worst area of the game but I'll never have to be there again in two weeks so that's cool

Kale
May 14, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

Having new 5 star characters to roll on will do that. Anyway this is the last hurrah for the handsome guy banners starting from tomorrow. Absolutely no idea when we'll be seeing another new 5 star male character again after Wriothesley. Maybe it'll be Varka finally, who knows. Anyway I know people think it's being weird, but I still find it intensely curious that they made a conscious choice to frontload all the male Fontaine characters that we know of into the start of the arcs banners after not having a new female five star character in a year going back to Sumeru besides Dehya. It's just so incredibly unusual considering it's not an Otome game or anything and the gender balance of new characters had been either completely in the opposite direction up until about 3.3 or just that...balanced. Now it's probably just gonna be mostly or all female characters for the rest of the Fontaine arc and still be kind of unbalanced on that end.

Anyway I'm definitely rolling on Wriothesley, I just wish his banner had some 4 star characters I don't really have maxed constellations for. Kaveh would be absolutely ideal as somehow I never got him when he was up. I think they need to hurry up on some more 4 star characters from Fontaine. Like do 2 or 3 new ones in one patch cycle and I'd be satisfied.

Danakir posted:

I think Genshin is a little smaller on phones because it doesn't download any of the HD assets that take up a gently caress ton of space. Version 4.1 takes up about 92 GB on my PC, but I think it's only about half that on mobile. I had to download the game on phone last year when I went on vacation in Key West so I could keep up with dailies and just play it at night for 15-20 minutes and I remember it requiring like 40-45 gigs to download off Google Play and then about half that after installation.

I remember having a holy poo poo reaction when I downloaded Honkai Star Rail for PC as well because up until the point I launched the game I had only seen footage of the mobile version of the game so I thought it was much lower fidelity then Genshin and then was completely caught off guard by the level of detail in the environments and character/enemy models and the high production values that might even be better than Genshin's in some aspects. Honkai Impact 3rd does not look like that on PC I can say that much.....at least not yet.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 17, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I have youtube premium and it turns out they give away extra goodies like free genshin stuff. The code is JB95D2V5XGJ5 for Hero's Wit ×2, Adventurer's Experience ×5, Mora ×20,000, Charcoal-Baked Ajilenakh Cake ×5, and Curry Shrimp ×5 whatever any of that stuff is. Enjoy

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

Lister posted:

I have youtube premium and it turns out they give away extra goodies like free genshin stuff. The code is JB95D2V5XGJ5 for Hero's Wit ×2, Adventurer's Experience ×5, Mora ×20,000, Charcoal-Baked Ajilenakh Cake ×5, and Curry Shrimp ×5 whatever any of that stuff is. Enjoy

Redeemed. TYVM!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Also Honkai Impact 3rd related so probably only really relevant for Eimi, but (spoiler for Chapter 41) I'm deeply disturbed by how the Honkai version of James Moriarty in the latest chapter looks like a kid version of Otto Apocalypse or who Honkai Star Rail only players would probably recognize as looking like Luocha, but at the same time of loving course Moriarty of all people is an Otto face. Except he seems to be voiced by Megumi Ogata instead of Akira Ishida. Weird chapter with Fu Hua hanging around Sherlock Holmes who is also Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself with Fu Hua filling in for the Watson role too. :psyduck:

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Tampa Bae posted:

He's a Dude's Rock kind of guy who just likes to punch things and make friends with his fists
Last Dudes Rock character we got was Itto and he ruled so hard I mained him even though Geo kind of sucks so I welcome more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Enemabag Jones posted:

Last Dudes Rock character we got was Itto and he ruled so hard I mained him even though Geo kind of sucks so I welcome more of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdQOis0VRoo

Treasure hunters? Fatui? Samurai? Doesn't matter, going to punch you until you're his friend. Except robots, he doesn't like robots.

He's a cryo catalyst user too which is the first user of the dragonspine book except it actually sucks for him anyway. But he's a pretty cool dude!

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 17, 2023