Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

that’s an insane amount of money for those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Watching the S6E11/S6E12 double header and O'Neill is so desperate to name the Prometheus the Enterprise

I love any episode where the Asgard show up and are like you simpletons can you please come and fix whatever nonsense we have going on. Oh yeah we just beamed your entire arsenal on board as well. What do you mean paperwork?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Watching the S6E11/S6E12 double header and O'Neill is so desperate to name the Prometheus the Enterprise

I love any episode where the Asgard show up and are like you simpletons can you please come and fix whatever nonsense we have going on. Oh yeah we just beamed your entire arsenal on board as well. What do you mean paperwork?

To be fair, the Tauri and SG-1 saved their asses on several occasions, so it almost seemed like a balanced relationship.To a degree...

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Leandros posted:

You're gonna meet a fun new character.

the nid gate expert who is of course in love with carter. luckily this time she just hates him.

im not going to russia do you know how bad the food is there - nid gate expert
you work for the airforce so unless you want to quit pack your bags - carter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

the nid gate expert who is of course in love with carter. luckily this time she just hates him.

im not going to russia do you know how bad the food is there - nid gate expert
you work for the airforce so unless you want to quit pack your bags - carter

A lot of characters hit on Sam or express feelings. Jackson would be second, Jack third, or Teal'c third?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When did Daniel or Teal'c ever imply they had feelings for Carter? That's strictly O'Neill's domain. There's deep camaraderie and friendship there but nothing further that I recall.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah it’s only ever jack and planetary locals who die a week later

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Teal'c is knee deep in priestesses and ex-wives, no need to ruin Jack's chances as well

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

And Daniel is only into women who will be or have been a Go'auld host, not Tokra.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Daniel’s hosed a lot of locals, to whom he’s basically a wizard.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

SCheeseman posted:

A Stargate FPS/RPG/ImSim/XCOM-like. Set some time midway through the shows run (pre-Prometheus), you're stationed on Delta Site, a mostly autonomous SGC spinoff located underground on an atmosphereless moon orbiting a gas giant in another solar system. The game is split between XCOM-style base building and recruit management when you're at the Delta Site, with expeditions being conducted by your player character and your team, with fleshed out story characters joining up over the course of the game supplemented by procedurally generated humans recruits and applicants from Earth. Missions come from SGC and through discoveries made through exploration, with progress gated by access to gate addresses. Destinations are semi-open environments with side quests similar to what you'd find in Mass Effect or Deus Ex's hubs. In addition to managing your own team, you also send out other teams for trade, research, peacekeeping. Finding new technology or making new alliances gets you more budget, but with the usual sci-fi ethical quandaries; what if you steal tech from a society that needs it, what if you make an alliance with a bunch of racial supremacists. Moment-to-moment first person gameplay is systemic, with a focus on a smaller set of tools that can be used in creative ways instead of lootshoot junk.

It's a silly fantasy that's been bouncing around in my head for a long time, but I've been thinking about it more as I've been playing Starfield. The neat thing about Stargate's lore/universe is that it makes it easy to restrict scope to nicely manageable level. You're not given a spaceship that can theoretically go anywhere and land anywhere on a planet, but a limited pool of gate addresses that lead to specific locations. There's not as much need to lean on procedural generation, destinations can be smaller and dense instead of sprawling landscapes of absolutely nothing interesting. Would still be a very expensive game so given MGM's current state it doesn't seem likely anything like this would ever be made. Would be cool tho.

Man, normally these kind of "hey guys I have a great idea for a game" games are eye-rollingly bad but my god would I love a game like this!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Also I love this series a lot, even the spin-offs. Even the spin-offs I didn't really like fully, like SGU, I still enjoyed the sci fi parts of it so much. Please every sci-fi fan: watch this show, it's great, sometimes funny, sometimes camp, sometimes dramatic, sometimes sad. But always really cool sci fi ideas flying around.

Other people already mentioned it but the way humans progress through the franchise as they learn more and build more is so cool. In Atlantis when they eventually have the bridge set up so they can travel between the galaxies with ships is so drat clever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

putin is a oval office posted:

Man, normally these kind of "hey guys I have a great idea for a game" games are eye-rollingly bad but my god would I love a game like this!

The original dune game did something somewhat similar, having both adventure game stuff and strategy management stuff.
While some of the mechanics were a bit simple as they were trying to do, you know a lot, and the adventure game stuff was a lot less near the end, it still was a really inserting game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(video_game)

While it's not quite this idea, from playing and loving this Dune, very much think this kinda game could work.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

McSpanky posted:

When did Daniel or Teal'c ever imply they had feelings for Carter? That's strictly O'Neill's domain. There's deep camaraderie and friendship there but nothing further that I recall.

Sorry, I was ranking the characters by how often they get hit upon. Sam is clear number one, multiple aliens hit on her, multiple air force/NID/Ambassadors... fuckin Pete; Daniel would be second, and so on. Teal'c seemingly gets no Earth action (maaaybe that woman in the bad relationship).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Did Machello hit on Sam? He did a lot of weird things but all I really remember is the eat on me exchange.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

Did Machello hit on Sam? He did a lot of weird things but all I really remember is the eat on me exchange.

I don't remember, but now I'm remembering that Sam stalker Ancient who becomes human, and then I think, later, comes back as a child, which was weird.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

I don't remember, but now I'm remembering that Sam stalker Ancient who becomes human, and then I think, later, comes back as a child, which was weird.

Yeah generally I'm not a fan of adult become kids story lines in sci-fi stuff, as for some reason they always feel they need to chuck in some creepy stuff in there as a "joke". Yeah that weird o'neil -clone was it- kid story line talking about you! You made it clear he had an adult mind, don't make a joke about how lucky he is to go back to high school and date high schoolers. That's super creepy, why did you do that!

I love sci-fi but I swear to god sci-fi writers make it difficult some times.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sam and Martouf were pretty close to a couple, if not actual.

Sam and Nareem..... Nareem was like a lovesick puppy.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

It's pretty funny that not only do Star Trek and Star Wars exist in the SG-1 universe, but so does MacGuyver, which opens up a whole bunch of questions.

Spoilers for a season 9 episode:

The one where Vala comes back to the SGC and relates how she got pregnant, but without having sex, and then asks if they've ever heard of a child being conceived without sex before.

Long pause (the obvious answer is "Jesus", but no one says it).....
And then Teal'c answers with "Darth Vader"

I lol'd.

I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Armacham posted:

I'm watching the documentary episode right now. There are definitely some good lines.

Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Every once in a while when I think of Stargate, I remember Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage and Pierre Bernard getting to be an extra on SG-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvS-_0LMvGQ - Pierre hates Daniel Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSEgerTJ_g - Pierre reacts to news of the cancellation of SG-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSP4NOpDRk - Pierre visits the set

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Did dr Fraiser ever get a love story?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Other than the guy interviewing her for the documentary?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Scratch Monkey posted:

Just hit Heroes in my rewatch last night and that poo poo hit pretty hard. She had her relationship with Cassie but romantically it was just the producer that made a move just before she got got.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

pixaal posted:

i dont think he did. he seemed more of a drink and be merry type of person. his back story for going vietcong on the gouald was them killing his wife. his back story for eventually semi giving up the fight and swaping bodies was that his planet hid him from the gouald and the gouald commited a genocide to try to find him.

and literally every alien race except the asgard have hit on carter plus a ton of humans. daniel has been with alot of humans on gouald planets. the jack one was that planet where he got fake aged to 100. and tealc has his ex wife / the priestess. im only on season 5 so plenty of time for an asgard to hit on her plus new aliens.

even the rival mongol chief was like your the helen of troy of our world.

snergle fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 15, 2023

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

redshirt posted:

Sam and Martouf were pretty close to a couple, if not actual.

Sam and Nareem..... Nareem was like a lovesick puppy.

And then he got dumped by Weir :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Yes, and mentions several times how he still loves Sam and is sorry he can't do anything about it because he's now in the body of a seven-year-old and it's weird for humans :cripes:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

alexandriao posted:

I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello

Call Daniel

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Call Daniel

I felt bad for Teal'c when he shows up at Sam's house in his cowboy outfit with pizza and Star Wars, but Sam would rather hang out with the stalker Ancient.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

he was better dressed for the alternate plan tbh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't take COMTRAYA! if you are allergic to COMTRAYA!

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVVlFJ0ZdI

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Awesome! RDA has an amazing background. Wanted to be a pro hockey player till he broke a bunch of bones; went on a cross country motorcycle trip. Was a mime on the streets of LA. Was in a groovy rock band. Also, his personal website, https://www.rdanderson.com/, is wonderful. Frozen in 2002. Managed by some super fan.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Yeah his website is amazing and I hope it never changes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Armacham posted:

Yeah his website is amazing and I hope it never changes

:lol: that owns

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Biplane posted:

:lol: that owns

Check out the site, it's very wholesome. With some sadness. RDA sends updates to this lady, and she posts them. He lost a beloved dog a couple of years back and you can tell it really hit him hard.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Holy poo poo this site rules

I feel like this tells a story about our Kate, not so much in what's written here, but what's not

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Over 25 years is pretty amazing for any website, let alone one with a pretty specific topic range / shows with no new content

God, look at that hair :syoon:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Speaking of Renaissance men like RDA, Don S Davis (General Hammond) also has a surprising background.

He was in the military during Vietnam, eventually reaching the rank of Captain. But he was really, really into theater.
He got a PhD in theater, and taught at universities for several years before getting into acting.

Check him out:
Don S Davis wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_S._Davis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

redshirt posted:

Speaking of Renaissance men like RDA, Don S Davis (General Hammond) also has a surprising background.

He was in the military during Vietnam, eventually reaching the rank of Captain. But he was really, really into theater.
He got a PhD in theater, and taught at universities for several years before getting into acting.

Check him out:
Don S Davis wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_S._Davis

He's had so many good roles!