Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

She has so much money that she’s laying her own money out on the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, Patsy and Benny are on the other side of the desk, it’s loving great.

EDIT: I feel like dealing with her husband, Tony, and then Phil all on her own gave her a strength and confidence that made guys recognize and respect.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2023

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

They tried to leave her in the woods and she came back with wolves

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Hu3WM6Hto&t=1319s

I watched this video today about backdoor pilots from The Rockford Files. I linked it with the right time stamp. Basically, one of the backdoor pilots is the seed that would become the Sopranos. David Chase wrote this episode about mobsters and wanna be mobsters from NJ. Some of the names are the same ones he'd use in the Sopranos. The personalities of some of mobsters are also eerily close. Check it out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Porsche Cayenne

Like the peppah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, Patsy and Benny are on the other side of the desk, it’s loving great.

Crazy how their worldview on the place of women and what constitutes being a "real man" disappeared the second the money made it work. Much like how values of loyalty and respect also seemed contingent on the money being made. You know... I'm starting to get the sense that the Mafia's espoused principles may in fact be largely set dressing for a primary concern of making money! :aaa: (now now, no need to clap for my searing powers of observation!)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've never really been a fan but is the Porsche really tacky? And was the vette actually a Z06?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

codo27 posted:

I've never really been a fan but is the Porsche really tacky? And was the vette actually a Z06?
They're small potatoes compared to the Nissan Xterra, with Nissan's 19-point Safety Philosophy :cool:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

for a long while, porsche cayenne was the upper middle-class signifier around Oslo (Norway) before electric cars became cooler, more expensive and thus the new norm. every suburb mum had one.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

codo27 posted:

It’s a “more money than taste” obvious status symbol kind of car and thus fits a mob wife perfectly

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Crazy how their worldview on the place of women and what constitutes being a "real man" disappeared the second the money made it work. Much like how values of loyalty and respect also seemed contingent on the money being made. You know... I'm starting to get the sense that the Mafia's espoused principles may in fact be largely set dressing for a primary concern of making money! :aaa: (now now, no need to clap for my searing powers of observation!)

yeah, kinda like how most capitalist enterprises operate

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If anything Phil was the one that adhered to the “rules” most.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And when that got too expensive, his friends sold him out lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Let him get tired instead of retired.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Burt Young died last week. Such a fantastic actor and made such an impression as Bobby's father that I often forget it was just the one episode.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

After 3 cycles I'm starting to have the same thing with the Sopranos that I have with the Simpsons, where theres nothing I can do or see that doesn't evoke some memory of the show. And I'm pouring a glass of water the other day and I'm thinking "let it run, make sure its cold"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I haven't been able to buy orange juice in over twenty years without thinking of the "some pulp" conversation.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh never you worry, I have that same internal dialog every time I go into the Costco dairy cooler, especially since I convinced my wife that the 4pk of Tropicana wont in fact go bad before we can drink it all (especially since I started drinking screwdrivers)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm pretty sure Sopranos is responsible for me drinking with my pinkie extended because I didn't use to do it before.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Thanks to the Sopranos, I scarf cold cuts straight out of the package when I’m stressed out and I hide stacks of cash in a tub of bird seed meant for ducks that I thought were my friends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Burt Young died last week. Such a fantastic actor and made such an impression as Bobby's father that I often forget it was just the one episode.

Yeah it was a hell of a guest shot.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dawgstar posted:

I'm pretty sure Sopranos is responsible for me drinking with my pinkie extended because I didn't use to do it before.

that's just classy.

Every time we go to the Indian buffet at some point I say "Ghee. That's clarified butter. You get a rancid hit of that and whuf, you can imagine" and now my wife is leaving me because of it

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm a fairly small guy and the sopranos taught me the importance of having tremendous moxie for my size.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

that's just classy.

Every time we go to the Indian buffet at some point I say "Ghee. That's clarified butter. You get a rancid hit of that and whuf, you can imagine" and now my wife is leaving me because of it

Every time I think of that line I can only immediately think of,"I'm sorry, Tony, but I feel vindicated!"

prom candy posted:

I'm a fairly small guy and the sopranos taught me the importance of having tremendous moxie for my size.

Yeah I guess the knowledge that your shoe collection is safe can help make you feel like you can live on the edge.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Dawgstar posted:

I'm pretty sure Sopranos is responsible for me pointing with my pinkie extended because I didn't use to do it before.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

codo27 posted:

And I'm pouring a glass of water the other day and I'm thinking "let it run, make sure its cold"

So glad I'm not the only one.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I literally can't point at things anymore without doing it Paulie-style

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

Now that there's a problem my friend. Madone! You should get your head examined.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Foster posted:

Greeting people with "Whaddya hear, whaddya say?" and making them think it's a charming thing I do on my own.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There is a part of me that wants to say "oof, madone!" but i'm not italian and that feels like stealing valor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I too go to Italy and greet everyone by saying ‘buongiorno commendatore!’

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've always wondered what it is like for actual Italian people when they hear people speaking in affected American Italian accents, or saying a name like Furio as though it's "fyooo-rio"

Surely locally it would be more like "foorio"

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Well its a couple of three things

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Data Graham posted:

I've always wondered what it is like for actual Italian people when they hear people speaking in affected American Italian accents, or saying a name like Furio as though it's "fyooo-rio"

Surely locally it would be more like "foorio"

Furio corrects people for the first few episodes and then just gives up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gabblygool

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I thought we were nabally dabally or whatever.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I can't make rice without muttering "Uncle Ben" and it makes me laugh every time.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Random scene I saw today on my rewatch and loved.

Furio especially is fun in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDheXEIxWas

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Random scene I saw today on my rewatch and loved.

Furio especially is fun in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDheXEIxWas

"Stupida loving game" gets me every time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Wiltsghost posted:

"Stupida loving game" gets me every time lol

Yeah, it's so good contrasted with Tony's threateningly nice attitude.