Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adenoid Dan posted:

Hmm is this historian criticizing Israel credible?

Let's ask Reddit user "ghostofherzl" for a takedown!

When the U/R war started there were a bunch of questions on the r/askhistorians subreddit about hte holodomor, and the answers were always people with degrees in 13th century naval warfare or something like pirate firmarms talking about how the soviets were committing genocide citing anne applebaum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bad news for anyone worried about rape if we are deploying US Marines

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

Uncle Wemus posted:

does that mean you would be okay if Native Americans stormed your town in the early hours of the morning and slaughtered you in your bed?

I’ve seen this argument a lot. And honestly yeah I feel like I couldn’t really be mad about it

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

When the U/R war started there were a bunch of questions on the r/askhistorians subreddit about hte holodomor, and the answers were always people with degrees in 13th century naval warfare or something like pirate firmarms talking about how the soviets were committing genocide citing anne applebaum.

lol but I’d like to know more about the pirates’ firearms please

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

So they have only knocked on the roofs of buildings before they bomb them for purely PR reasons? Or is it possible that they do care, just not as much as they care about doing what they think will minimize harm to their own citizens? This is a pretty much dehumanizing take on the Israelis involved rather than taking a hard look at their worldview and seeing them as humans doing some terrible stuff because they have some historical reasons to think the alternative is worse. The whole situation is awful and the systems and incentives involved for all the actors point towards violence indefinitely, but that doesn't make them inhuman as you're implying here.

if this is a syq, lol.

if this is sincere, gently caress you.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mean Baby posted:

if this is a syq, lol.

if this is sincere, gently caress you.

if that's a sincere post in this thread ill eat my own foot

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lol salazar came back to defend Israel

Is biden still the most progressive president ever forever?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

brain smoothie posted:

I’ve seen this argument a lot. And honestly yeah I feel like I couldn’t really be mad about it

As knives sink through my flesh and into the mattress beneath me: Honestly, based

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lol salazar came back to defend Israel

Is biden still the most progressive president ever forever?

what can we learn from fate/stay night that applies to the I/P conflict

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
who’s getting a Nobel peace prize over this lmao

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

also hezbollah needs to poo poo or get off the pot. gaza looks loving dire

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

spacemang_spliff posted:

Use the white phosphorus Luke

the good kind that israel uses, not the bad kind like vietnam

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Finkelstein is currently doing a live discussion with Katie Halper on the situation in Gaza, for those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36CUGA1Ucw

I'm not sure how people feel about Halper (I think she's great) but I know Finkelstein is pretty respected for obvious reasons.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Ok fine, I'll bite. You... don't think there is something unique about the the pattern of terrorism committed by Islamic extremists?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

mags posted:

Joe Biden

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

mags posted:

netanyahu was nominated in 2020

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

The guardian accidentally referring to Blinken as “Israel’s leading diplomat” is extremely funny

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Oglethorpe posted:

netanyahu was nominated in 2020

lol

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Finkelstein is currently doing a live discussion with Katie Halper on the situation in Gaza, for those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36CUGA1Ucw

I'm not sure how people feel about Halper (I think she's great) but I know Finkelstein is pretty respected for obvious reasons.

danke

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

President Biden issued a message to Americans concerned over potential violence in the U.S. amid the Israel-Hamas war, saying he asked his team to prioritize handling any emerging threats.

“To those Americans worried about violence at home, as a result of the evil acts of terror perpetrated by Hamas in Israel, we see you. We hear you,” Biden said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4259114-biden-americans-worried-violence-israel-hamas-war-we-see-you/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ringo Roadagain posted:

So they have only knocked on the roofs of buildings before they bomb them for purely PR reasons? Or is it possible that they do care, just not as much as they care about doing what they think will minimize harm to their own citizens? This is a pretty much dehumanizing take on the Israelis involved rather than taking a hard look at their worldview and seeing them as humans doing some terrible stuff because they have some historical reasons to think the alternative is worse. The whole situation is awful and the systems and incentives involved for all the actors point towards violence indefinitely, but that doesn't make them inhuman as you're implying here.

lol

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
just finding out about the roof knock thing and if I'm reading this right it sounds like it's enough time to become even more terrified that you and your family's about to be vaporized.

which sounds less like a warning and more like uhhhhj terrorism

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Death By The Blues posted:

Iran also declared they have this. Apparently Nasrallah has said victor/god is near indicating Hezbollah has maybbbbbbbe made a decision also confirmation of US bringing more ships/soldiers into the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fattah_(missile)

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714043328176521323

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1714055129853288663

lol joe's starting another war

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

(casting at palestinians in their house) expelliarmus

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

mark immune posted:

Ok fine, I'll bite. You... don't think there is something unique about the the pattern of terrorism committed by Islamic extremists?

Yeah I had to leave the thread when I saw that one

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fake, baby yoda would never support israel

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I swear I remember a few years ago there was a video of hamas (and maybe al qaeda?) members making fun of ISIS but now I can't find it. anyone know what I am talking about?

I know exactly the one you're talking about- a bunch of ISIS dipshits looking for increasingly flimsy excuses to shoot anyone passing through their checkpoint, with the punchline being that they wave an Israeli through. Can't seem to find it though

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Death By The Blues posted:

Iran also declared they have this. Apparently Nasrallah has said victor/god is near indicating Hezbollah has maybbbbbbbe made a decision also confirmation of US bringing more ships/soldiers into the region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fattah_(missile)

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714043328176521323

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1714055129853288663

I've gotta be honest, I think Iran is bluffing but I very well could be wrong.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CODChimera posted:

fake, baby yoda would never support israel

zionism gives him his powers OP

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:eyepop:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm being deployed to war.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lpzie posted:

I'm being deployed to war.