Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Fansy posted:

$2,500 holy poo poo stock up now

Man, somehow I think just being a lil fat ain't gonna work for getting a paxlovid scrip anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

deadwing posted:

we have the tools!!!!!!!!
(..)

lmao, at those prices it seems unlikely to be covered by insurance, unless you work in congress.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Fansy posted:

$2,500 holy poo poo stock up now

:negative:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Hopefully pregnant women will still be able to get Paxlovid.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2023/mouse-model-of-covid-19-in-pregnancy-shows-benefit-of-paxlovid-treatment posted:

Mouse Model of COVID-19 in Pregnancy Shows Benefit of Paxlovid Treatment
Treatment prevented disease symptoms in mothers and developmental deficits in offspring

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

people gotta fill up their giant houses with bulk paper towels, pickles, and jeans

It was this! At first I was like, why is this more jarring to me than Wal-Mart? Then I realized, uh, we wouldn't go through that much toilet paper in 4 years what in the world.

FWIW the lady that gave the shots was very, very nice. She wanted to give them to me in different arms and as she was writing on her paperwork which was which I stopped her:

"No, it's easy. (points to left arm) N (points to right arm) FL :smug: I am very intelligent.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Can't wait to fight with my insurance company when they auto-deny my paxlovid prescriptions.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

$2,500 lmao loving poo poo christ

Demon cracker cursed nation

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Then I realized, uh, we wouldn't go through that much toilet paper in 4 years what in the world.

It's an illusion. half of that toilet paper magically turns to dust that will rapidly coat surfaces in and near your restroom

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Welp, the $2500 number is just guessing by a third party analyst, at least. There's still hope

Talk to your telehealth doctor today

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
https://twitter.com/amethystarlight/status/1714059763531624591

Sara Willette, of https://t.co/G37jyxkcDa (which covers the whole country!), reckons Verily is temporarily down in order to add those newer CDC-contracted sewersheds in. Hopefully it'll be up again soon with everything that would be starting in October already trending.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Feeling my very large mothy titers right now.

Also, that was my first time in a Costco :stare: :wtf: :lmao:

costco rules. it's a derail for this thread but it is an effective centrally planned economy with relatively good benefits and fascinating/powerful use of single-payer negotiation throughout their supply chain.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Petey posted:

costco rules. it's a derail for this thread but it is an effective centrally planned economy with relatively good benefits and fascinating/powerful use of single-payer negotiation throughout their supply chain.

I pledge allegiance
To the $1.50 hotdog
And the values
For which it stands

One warehouse club
In the suburbs
With samples and bulk prices for all

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
RIP Polish Hotdog

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

The Oldest Man posted:

I pledge allegiance
To the $1.50 hotdog
And the values
For which it stands

One warehouse club
In the suburbs

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/costco-founder-kill-hotdogs/

Snopes evaluated TRUE posted:

The founder of Costco told a CEO who wanted to raise the prices on Costco's hot dogs: "If you raise the loving hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out."

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

$2500 holy gently caress :d2a:

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
This country is absolutely disgusting.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I thought it was weird and creepy that they bought up a ton of chicken farms but now I see a rotisserie chicken for $5 and realize he did it for the people

maybe we’ll get two packs of paxlovid for half off one day

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Why Am I So Tired posted:

This country is absolutely disgusting.
maybe you’ve never been to Costco

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I thought it was weird and creepy that they bought up a ton of chicken farms but now I see a rotisserie chicken for $5 and realize he did it for the people

maybe we’ll get two packs of paxlovid for half off one day

3M and Costco together are absolutely 100x more worthwhile organizations than any existing government

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
We have the tools. (They cost $2500)

Can't afford the tools? Why not? Joe Biden created all of those wonderful jobs (by forcing everyone back into gravely dangerous workplaces).

Lost your job after being disabled by COVID in your workplace? Well, that's your fault. After all, we have the tools. Why didn't you use them?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The founder of Costco is from Pittsburgh

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The Oldest Man posted:

I pledge allegiance
To the $1.50 hotdog
And the values
For which it stands

One warehouse club
In the suburbs

I don't recall these Nate Dogg lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVJO0bOCj8

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pingui posted:

Case study out on the UK BA.2.86.1 care home outbreak:
"High attack rate in a large care home outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 BA.2.86, East of England, August 2023"

Follow-up with something I thought was interesting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqv9j1q7ve7o posted:

Care home boss shocked at new Covid variant spread
(..)
Ms Emsley, 31, said it started with residents having cold and flu-like symptoms.

"As the day went on more and more people became poorly and it started affecting staff as well," she said.

Ms Emsley felt it could have been a new variant because of the pace at which it was spreading, she said.
(..)

Tbf, this could simply be imperfect recall.

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
Gettin' mothed tomorrow. Hope I land on the "arm is a little sore for a couple days" side of things and not the "violently puking for 24 hours" side! Also, hope they didn't give away my dose. The guy on the phone last Thursday was pretty aggressive about stating appointment only.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Found out my FIL has been sick since Friday. Not surprising since his wife had been sick for over a week at that point (and still is). Just waiting on PCR results now and hoping for the best.

"But we always wear masks now." Oh, by the way, he's home alone at the moment because "everyone else" went out on a big day trip. Everyone else? Oh, his wife's relatives flew in from Texas and have been staying with them in their home all week.

Yes, he's going to work tomorrow, because it's not so bad. (Bonus - her dad was one of Cuomo's nursing home victims.)

There's no stopping anyone, it's incredible.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Moderna in the left, flu shot in the right.

Doesn't look like the moth juice is anywhere and the usual distribution methods don't work. For any goons in Ontario, Canada, Shoppers Drugmart just started getting XBB supply this week. If you sign-up on their website for a 12+ vaccine, it's the new Moderna XBB vaccine.

Just remember to have a medical condition to justify it or a family member at risk, because they're only doing 50+ right now and not expanding until November. Found out about that 2h before my shot when the pharmacist called lmaoooo

Good luck out there, stay masking. The double shots got me feeling like actual flu lol

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

maxing out my thread credit cards to ask if folks have gotten the moth shot (I'm assuming this means Novavax) and Moderna close to each other, or if there's a recommended waiting period

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

corona familiar posted:

maxing out my thread credit cards to ask if folks have gotten the moth shot (I'm assuming this means Novavax) and Moderna close to each other, or if there's a recommended waiting period

i think there is a recommended waiting period of 3 months btwn shots?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

still lolling that i was willing to put my body on the line for the novavax trial and never once bought stock. oh well!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

you will all become my moth children

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Petey posted:

i think there is a recommended waiting period of 3 months btwn shots?

hmmm okay I think I'll probably get the clot shot before the moth shot then

Petey posted:

still lolling that i was willing to put my body on the line for the novavax trial and never once bought stock. oh well!

probably a good thing all things considered

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
:d2a:

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
Also Novavaxed at a Massachusetts Costco today. Feel a bit tired but fine so far.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm going to eat some tree bark before getting the moth juice, it only stands to reason that it will help

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Petey posted:

you will all become my moth children

Can we call you mother

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
thoughts?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I missed the moth thing, can someone explain

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I missed the moth thing, can someone explain

spike protein in novavax comes from moth cells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

mdemone posted:

I'm going to eat some tree bark before getting the moth juice, it only stands to reason that it will help

Be careful that the covid positive deer don't lick/sneeze/rub against it.