Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

just post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s what she said

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I roll TKL/75/60 but I have a Q0 I bust out for roguelikes and tax season

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the “dock” for my work machine doesn’t have a USB port open for the moonlander, so I gotta pile a hub onto my desk or get a new dock

also, I got one of these which honestly is almost a keyboard, but the USB-C port is weirdly narrow and none of my cables seem to fit and I can’t find whatever came with it because it got processed into The Cable Storage Zone

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Subjunctive posted:

the “dock” for my work machine doesn’t have a USB port open for the moonlander, so I gotta pile a hub onto my desk or get a new dock

also, I got one of these which honestly is almost a keyboard, but the USB-C port is weirdly narrow and none of my cables seem to fit and I can’t find whatever came with it because it got processed into The Cable Storage Zone

link plz

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rotor posted:

link plz

hell yeah https://store.azeron.eu/azeron-keypads#keypad=cyro

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

oh its these guys

looks like they're actually shipping things now. This is absolutely goin on the retail therapy pile.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

tkl is best

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah the big glove one was too weird for me to learn before getting frustrated and forgetting about it, but I aspire to use them both at the same time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

I aspire to use them both at the same time

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

199€

:chanpop:

Its a Rolex
Jan 23, 2023

Hey, posting is posting. You emptyquote, I turn my monitor on; what's the difference?
That looks really nice for controller gaming where thumbs are overused and fingers are basically ignored.

it makes me want a uhkb with the trackpoint thumb tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is that a big thumb wheel?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no it isn not

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

it’s all 3D printed and they’ll give you the STLs to make replacement or variant parts, too. just some Slovenian pals making crazy interface hardware

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/KEYKCH1168/Keychron-V3-ANSI-80-TKL-Layout-87-Key-Frosted-Blac

if I could go back in time I would have gotten this one lol

exactly the same except just tkl 80% rather than 75% like mine

I am seriously thinking about getting it and giving this one to my partner, coz when she used this for like a minute she asked how much it was but only because she was considering getting one

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the page has a mix of old and new models

this older one without the knob is better, that spacing between the f keys is so nice

regardless, I am enjoying this board so much more than I thought, and I used to typo lots but not so much with this board. the pbt caps and the shape make typing such a nice tactile experience

I told myself I wasn't going to sell my code w/clears because clears are relatively rare.. but I can't see myself going back to it ever again

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

boards with good knobfeel

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

knobfeel is very important

it should feel good in the hand, nice and heavy, but silky smooth

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

moonlander arrived and holy moly it’s going to take some getting used to. luckily I’m writing more prose than code for the next couple of weeks so I can ease into it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Desperately wanna gently caress with a moonlander but slightly wary of the semi isometric or w/e layout. LMK what you think

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m down with orthogonal afaict from messing around with my 60% ortho Planck, but this thing wants my thumbs to be so much more capable than they normally need to be

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
thinking of swapping my kailh choco low profile switches out of this for some kailh amber switches as soon as I can find them in stock.

the kaith chocos feel nice, but their actuation is kinda long for this type of keyboard, and i feel i'd be able to type out ryu's combos a lot more easily with a shorter actuation. anyone else messed with the amber switches?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just ordered the 80% version of the board I just got. straight up tkl

I use home and end just too much to compromise ✊🥹

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

Welcome home, brother.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s good to be here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so another keychron i gather?

they're good. probably the safest keeb brand to get into this game with, and you don't need to get any sweatier if you don't care about poo poo like lubing o-rings or w/e

my latest KC was the k8 pro with reds. it's very, very nice.

the caps feel very vintagey like an old terminal hooked to a nuclear power plant or smth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I am overwhelmingly pleased with that keychron board. i got the v3 with browns idk what the main difference is but it’s that same layout and I think the same keycaps. it’s their own custom profile that’s meant to be similar to SA or something but they’re basically luxury especially for the price

like my older board was good, pbt and clears.. and definitely one of the better boards I’d used, but if someone else used it they were like ok.. like only nerds might appreciate it. the keycaps were pbt but traditional cherry profile - and my theory is that I made lots of typos when I had browns with cherry profile but not on this board and coz cherry profile has higher edges, basically points to catch fingers as I clumsily type. these keychron profile caps don’t have this. I thought I needed harder switches to prevent typos (hence why I liked clears on my CODE) but maybe just better keycaps

but everyone who has even barely used the keychron is like wow, didn’t know I could enjoy a keyboard so much

defo helps that it’s SOLID, I thought my code was solid but this is next level. it means the clack sound is defo clacky and not clicky

tbh if the 75% just had four keys and no knob I prolly would have just used it, but I do not like pressing it. also wouldn’t care if it wasn’t there on the v3 80% because having the F keys spaced out more is better imo but it’s no biggie

anyway jonny hope you picked up earlier that I am in your debt for you recommendation of keychron because i’ve never been so satisfied on a keyboard before

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm glad you're diggin!

if you still have the bug after this one, i will recommend one of their models with the aluminum frame. It's a keyboard, and also a solid object that you can hammer nails or beat somebody to death with. I've got the 60% in aluminum with blues and it's the most abrasive computer tool i've ever had and it's wonderful

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

It's a keyboard, and also a solid object that you can hammer nails or beat somebody to death with.

The Russians used a regular keyboard and a hammer.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my great-grandfather used a cast iron keyboard that he had shipped all the way from kansas city

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

aluminum frame.

yeah I saw those. this is already the most solid board I've ever used. can only imagine moving up to aluminium

Roosevelt posted:

my great-grandfather used a cast iron keyboard that he had shipped all the way from kansas city

sounds like there is a market for some kind of platinum-iridium keyboard

Sagebrush posted:

The Russians used a regular keyboard and a hammer.

stainless steel keybaord ftw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

so can you put it in the dishwasher or no?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

good lord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
I got a Q3 which is aluminium and that thing is _heavy_

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

echinopsis posted:

The correct course of action

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

so another keychron i gather?

they're good. probably the safest keeb brand to get into this game with, and you don't need to get any sweatier if you don't care about poo poo like lubing o-rings or w/e

my latest KC was the k8 pro with reds. it's very, very nice.

the caps feel very vintagey like an old terminal hooked to a nuclear power plant or smth

this would be fully dope if it were 100%

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

this would be fully dope if it were 100%

i believe that's the v6 and i am seriously considering one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'