Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

All Russian gear is secretly drones. That's why it seems to just fly away and vanish as soon as it's issued. Drones get blamed for everything!

I think that's what was happening with some of those 'mobik abducted by drone' stories. Guys were deserting and the Russians have been at the 'punishing the man in the foxhole next to you when you desert' sort of level for a while so I expect some guys were blaming drone abductions to avoid being blamed themselves. Drones have taken on a sort of reputation as a mythological sci fi do anything machine.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tarkus posted:

I came across a picture of the new T-72 variant. Scary stuff.

And ever-wise putin even made it fly

Amazin'

Geof Darrow is working for the Russians

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tarkus posted:

I came across a picture of the new T-72 variant. Scary stuff.

And ever-wise putin even made it fly

Amazin'

i'm pretty sure i've made this in armored core 6

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Both the bread and the drones are fake

Well, the bread can actually rise

Antigravitas posted:

On second thought, flying exploding drone bread is possibly the most terrifying terror weapon you could unleash on Germany. Especially if, and it fills me with revulsion just to write this, it's flying exploding drone white bread. Ugh.

hey, those little guys can't lift St. Gallen or Bauernbrot

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
fairly big news:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1714165411208413651

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Uhh excuse me, clearly you haven't read Sun Tzu's Art of War, where he clearly says

I mean going around was what the Nazis did, so since Russia is clearly turbo anti-Nazi they couldn't possibly do that!

Antigravitas posted:

On second thought, flying exploding drone bread is possibly the most terrifying terror weapon you could unleash on Germany. Especially if, and it fills me with revulsion just to write this, it's flying exploding drone white bread. Ugh.

Sounds more like a Wonder Bread weapon to me. :downsrim:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Wtf is a "crest". Is Ukraine fielding atacms already ?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As funny as the idea of the Russians attacking that spoil tip en masse is in the abstract, I can't help but feel bad for those on the ground, no matter what kind of people they were. How badly beaten down and/or propagandized must someone be to look at that black hill and know you were going to have to assault that on foot across open ground? At least the Allies on D-Day had air and ship support against an enemy of similar technological level, while the Russians were facing technology a generation or two ahead of what most of them had.

What a senseless waste of human life, and the scumbag who's ultimately responsible still sits in the Kremlin, instead of being fertilizer, which is what people ought to do with poo poo.

Lord of the rivets
Sep 10, 2022

Moktaro posted:

Wunderwaffle

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Moktaro posted:

That's technically pastry.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

rowkey bilbao posted:

it's translation of khokhol, a derogatory Russian term for Ukrainians, it was Cossack hairstyle

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

... did the GLSDB finally arrive?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

rowkey bilbao posted:

Google translation of Khokhol (a slur used to refer to Ukrainians) that refers to a traditional Cossack hairstyle.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Scorchy posted:

... did the GLSDB finally arrive?

certainly appears that something arrived. there had been statements from the US that cluster ATACMs would find their way to Ukraine at an undisclosed date ~a month ago

zone
Dec 6, 2016

quote:

Helae
Helicopter parking
blew up in Berdyansk. Air defense
everything was shooting past - at
end and came through air defense.
:qqsay: lmao get hosed

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I’ve seen so many war videos from Ukraine now… and the conditions in the war are so hellish. I understand why the ukrainians endure all the suffering since they are fighting for the continued existance of their country - but I don’t understand the mentality of the russian troops. Most of them had no issue with Ukraine just a few years ago and they are now dying in droves in bombed out frozen hellscapes.. and for what? For Putin? It’s nuts

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Collapsing Farts posted:

I’ve seen so many war videos from Ukraine now… and the conditions in the war are so hellish. I understand why the ukrainians endure all the suffering since they are fighting for the continued existance of their country - but I don’t understand the mentality of the russian troops. Most of them had no issue with Ukraine just a few years ago and they are now dying in droves in bombed out frozen hellscapes.. and for what? For Putin? It’s nuts

for money

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
you ever think things possibly can't get any worse, and then they do? that's what I imagine somebody living in russia going to ukraine is going through.

anything else just doesn't add up

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Collapsing Farts posted:

Many vatniks come to Ukraine to die for money and the promise of loot. The thing is, though, most of them don't actually get paid or even receive combat pay.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

zone posted:

:qqsay: lmao get hosed

The last sentence says that AA battery itself was hit in the end.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

maybe Russia will nuke Siberia after all :shrug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Zeroes of people that give a solitary gently caress about Vatnik security:
Every accusation is a projection.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Vengarr posted:

Gyro of the Soviet Union

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Collapsing Farts posted:

Fish bricks

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

Its simple, its money. The salary and enrollment pay is huge amount of money to someone who is minority living in Russia, and from the rural, poor areas.

There recently was an article that summed it up something like "they know very well that everyone doesn't come back, but many do, and with money to buy a house and car, with all new furniture and appliances they could dream of".

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I can't wait to see the satellite images

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1714217586232107401

quote:

/4. Comments from the Ukrainian source about the Berdiansk.

“details on night work in Berdyansk:

Just yesterday I “praised” how Russians dispersed the helicopters in Dzhankoy, but in Berdyansk the situation is different - the helicopters were there very close to each other

the airfield in Berdyansk is the main airfield of the Russians, which they use (used?) to launch attacks on our front-line units

there was a large fleet of KA-52 and MI-8 helicopters, as well as several MI-28 and MI-24

there were up to 30 units of all this stuff

The airfield’s defense was also impressive, namely several units of Pantsir S1/S2, BUK M3, as well as a TEREK-type radar

on the way to our “gifts” in the Osipenko area, BUK M3 launches were also heard

but that didn't help

- arrival was into an aviation weapons warehouse, it detonated for more than an hour;

- some number of damaged helicopters, according to preliminary data, up to 10 units, some were completely destroyed;

- Pantsir S2 was also damaged (according to some sources, destroyed) along with the personnel who were located directly at the airfield

the attack was combined, very competent and very successful, even based on preliminary data

other details are being confirmed”

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Biden! Sullivan! Where's ATACMS?!

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 17, 2023

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

B-b-but-but-but what about esCalaTIoN? :ohdear:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1714225394553909621?s=20
Ukraine SOF reported on the results of the hit. 9-10 helicopters damaged or destroyed, vehicles, an ammo dump, an air defense system, and even the airstrip was damaged.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Dwesa posted:

They are gonna set one off to prove to the world their nukes aren't as flaccid as their army. Either it works and we know about it or it doesn't and now they are in a position to develop new ones. Or maybe Putin rattles the saber too hard and he falls out a window.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dwesa posted:

Somewhere out there, Willo's balls are retracting inside his body

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dwesa posted:

Great way to accidentally admit that Russian leaders have no idea if their nukes actually work or not.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
perhaps iran wants proof they work before they trade.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Dwesa posted:

That treaty never took effect anyway, the US refused to ratify it after clinton signed it

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zone posted:

even the airstrip was damaged.

Only damaged? See how superior Russian engineering stands up to the finest weapons the decadent West brings to bear :smugbert:

Seriously though, good show to the UAF!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

ATACMS submunitions reportedly found

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/1714243723989496311

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why did Americans go wherever to get their balls exploded by improvised explosive devices?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why did Americans go wherever to get their balls exploded by improvised explosive devices?

I think free education, citizenship or wanting to kill brown people are the three biggest reasons

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Is this the cluster variant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Willo567 posted:

Is this the cluster variant?

yes

edit: :blyat:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1714266252372508812

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 17, 2023