Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
pls make a thread about honkai 3 if you want to talk about honkai 3 instead of randomly dropping the blacked-out text in either here or the hsr thread tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Having new 5 star characters to roll on will do that. Anyway this is the last hurrah for the handsome guy banners starting from tomorrow. Absolutely no idea when we'll be seeing another new 5 star male character again after Wriothesley. Maybe it'll be Varka finally, who knows. Anyway I know people think it's being weird, but I still find it intensely curious that they made a conscious choice to frontload all the male Fontaine characters that we know of into the start of the arcs banners after not having a new female five star character in a year going back to Sumeru besides Dehya. It's just so incredibly unusual considering it's not an Otome game or anything and the gender balance of new characters had been either completely in the opposite direction up until about 3.3 or just that...balanced. Now it's probably just gonna be mostly or all female characters for the rest of the Fontaine arc and still be kind of unbalanced on that end.
I don't think they really pay any attention to that at all. It seems like their release order is mostly about making sure 5-star characters only come out once they've gotten enough attention in the Archon Quest, and preferably when they get the most attention. They seem to have enough trouble managing that without worrying about gender too.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Danakir posted:

In the past I've always said that constellations are fake and also lies. But I regret to inform you all that I've rolled for Neuvillette's C1 due to Wrio just not grabbing me at all... and I'm not sorry.

Now I can pair him with Furina with no hesitation. All upside baby!

welcome, friend. due to me having zero actual interest in anyone on the horizon beyond neuvillette, he’s sitting at c3 and primed for the other half on his rerun, i’m sure

i will begrudgingly pull furina for him, probably quit the game until natlan and still will likely have them, scarazan and hyperbloom carry until eos

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm just addicted to genshin because it has so many niche things to do that I'm constantly chasing total completion. I was so excited that I could see Finch's story completed, then they hit me with Chongyun is also blessed.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

MNSNTZR posted:

welcome, friend. due to me having zero actual interest in anyone on the horizon beyond neuvillette, he’s sitting at c3 and primed for the other half on his rerun, i’m sure

i will begrudgingly pull furina for him, probably quit the game until natlan and still will likely have them, scarazan and hyperbloom carry until eos

I actually enjoy collecting all the characters for the sake of gameplay variety and teambuilding flexibility and normally I budget my primos accordingly but Wrio is the rare exception where he just... doesn't do it for me. So I've decided to assign his budget to the constellation of someone I've been loving the playstyle of instead.

This isn't something I'd normally do if I didn't feel a very intense degree of mehness about Wrio.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't think they really pay any attention to that at all. It seems like their release order is mostly about making sure 5-star characters only come out once they've gotten enough attention in the Archon Quest, and preferably when they get the most attention. They seem to have enough trouble managing that without worrying about gender too.
its funny how if this game, which has a pretty even playerbase gender-wise, is biased towards female characters nobody really notices, but when we get a half dozen male characters in a row people start acting really confused

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I notice but I admit I'm a loving weirdo who only pulls on dudes when they are supports. I don't want to play a dude dps in action games. Which I'm weirdo about I know, and thankfully (or not depending if you ask my wallet), I don't have this issue with SR. I honestly want Ayato, even if Neuv is just better than him but I love Ishida Akira, but he's got the worst speculated timing on his rerun.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

its funny how if this game, which has a pretty even playerbase gender-wise, is biased towards female characters nobody really notices, but when we get a half dozen male characters in a row people start acting really confused
The game genuinely does skew toward female characters overall, so I guess it makes sense to see that as the default.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Threw my remaining 20 rolls at the last day of the banner and actually hit a 5-star slightly early, at ~60 rolls. Final haul for the banner: 4 Dionas, 1 Noelle, and my first 5 star, Diluc.

I'm sorry I just need a place to salt for a bit.

Neuv was the only 5 star that I was interested in based on design/personality/aesthetics, now I'm not really sure who to target based purely on numbers. Nahida I guess? Reading her talents I can vaguely understand that she's good but not why she's Best Character in the Game good.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

mycot posted:

Threw my remaining 20 rolls at the last day of the banner and actually hit a 5-star slightly early, at ~60 rolls. Final haul for the banner: 4 Dionas, 1 Noelle, and my first 5 star, Diluc.

Neuv was the only 5 star that I was interested in based on design/personality/aesthetics, now I'm not really sure who to target based purely on numbers. Nahida I guess? Reading her talents I can vaguely understand that she's good but not why she's Best Character in the Game good.

Her skill basically has no cd, it has a massive aoe, and it does a lot of aoe dmg without caring about grouping. That alone would be amazing. But then you factor in that she's dendro and dendro is easily the best element in the game, so she enables hyperbloom or aggravate insanely well. And she does this all while still dealing a lot of damage on her own, and has a buffing ultimate.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

mycot posted:

Diluc was my first 5* too and he's not that bad, just really outdated. If you don't spend money on the game you start to appreciate who you've got a lot more. Diluc's flipping is kinda fun, and sounds like you're pretty early on in the game so you're going to find so many new favorite characters just through the story and hangouts

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Eimi posted:

Her skill basically has no cd, it has a massive aoe, and it does a lot of aoe dmg without caring about grouping. That alone would be amazing. But then you factor in that she's dendro and dendro is easily the best element in the game, so she enables hyperbloom or aggravate insanely well. And she does this all while still dealing a lot of damage on her own, and has a buffing ultimate.

And let's not forget that said skill also reapplies Dendro to pretty much all the enemies as long as you trigger a Dendro-related reaction on at least one marked enemy, so it makes keeping uptime on your Dendro aura trivial. Her Dendro application might be the best part of her kit tbh, unlike other characters it's almost impossible to have it fall off.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Nahida also saves a whole heap of minor annoyance when resource-gathering with her camera skill. It's a big QoL upgrade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

largely dendro is really busted due to hyperbloom and nahida's the best dendro character

also keep in mind that you'll get a chance to get neuvilette again. most characters released early in a version cycle (4.1 in neuvilette's case) get rerun relatively quickly after their first run, ie: around 4 months.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nahida can also read the minds of NPCs and that's the most important part.

Is Venti the only archon that's outclassed by another in their element? (Kazuha)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Venti is only outclassed because they made a bunch of mobs immune to him, not because of his strength tbh.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Kazuha's more generically useful/good, but in content where Venti works he single-handedly trivializes the game completely.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eimi posted:

Venti is only outclassed because they made a bunch of mobs immune to him, not because of his strength tbh.
Yeah but even when he sucks enemies into his vortex melee characters still have a harder time hitting them. Not asking him to use his black hole powers to draw in bosses or anything, but at least don't put them slightly out of melee range of my hu tao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id argue nahida is the only archon that really outclasses most of their element.

venti is as discussed, he has uses and invalidates a lot of the game but when it comes to difficult content there's stuff he doesnt work in.

zhongli is obviously the *best* geo character but hes also just a shielder really. like itto is doing main dps stuff, zhongli isnt 'better' than him in that context.

fischls a much better off field damage dealer than raiden and kuki has advantages as a hyperbloom trigger (healing on top of it). raidens main advantage is that she can also be an onfield driver with her burst, so shes really flexible.

nahida can both drive and do off field dendro app. alhaitham does more damage than nahida in a like, spread team, but even on a hyperbloom team he and nahida are about equal as drivers, so its a pretty narrow niche. and she otherwise outclasses the rest of her element in terms of being an off fielder. with prototype amber r5 she can even mostly handle healing. baizhu heals *more* and shes sacrificing some EM/utility to use amber, but still.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Paimon's gremlin energy is off the charts in this event. I appreciate her a lot more when she's being a weird little food gremlin than when she's just repeating what the previous NPC just told us.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Danakir posted:

My understanding is that since Genshin is open world, they're MUCH more aggressive about culling content to keep the game size in check on phones.

I wonder if at some point they'll pull a Destiny 2 and just stop supporting PS4s - that hard drive just isnt cutting it and it will just get worse the bigger the game gets; even Star Rail is PS5 only and that game is much more linear

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

mycot posted:

Diluc was my first 5* and he's amazing for beginning of game and overworld stuff. He doesn't have a place in the Abyss meta, and when you get a hyperbloom team fully fixed you can drop him, but he makes Dragonspine exploration fun instead of ugh and get him a little support and you can just run him into things.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of Diluc's biggest early-game advantages was simply being a claymore unit while also being the DPS - meaning your "main" team could also mine effectively, when mining was actually super necessary since everyone wasn't sitting on thousands of crystals.

Sure Noelle could also mine, but she isn't a DPS unless you majorly invest in her, so you were more or less "wasting" a slot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
In the early game Diluc is good because your only pyro characters are Amber and Xiangling, and you have yet to get good Energy regeneration, so bursts are relatively far between. Diluc has really good pyro application for the 1.0 characters (outside of Klee).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Maxwells Demon posted:

Diluc was my first 5* and he's amazing for beginning of game and overworld stuff. He doesn't have a place in the Abyss meta, and when you get a hyperbloom team fully fixed you can drop him, but he makes Dragonspine exploration fun instead of ugh and get him a little support and you can just run him into things.
I mean, the only real reason he's not in the Abyss meta anymore is that he's been powercrept: there are better vaporize drivers (mostly Hu Tao) and more viable team archetypes in general, but you can still pull out the old Diluc/XQ/Bennett squad if you really want. Maybe not for 36* but there are some people who run abyss with only the F2P characters so who knows.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got wriothesly in around 75 wishes winning the 50/50! 210 ->135 wishes.

I’ve got enough wishes for Furina just about (or will have by the time she’s out), and the excess wishes were causing me to keep looking at the weapon banner which is incredibly dangerous.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Wriothesley and he's rad. Blew all my remaining primos on the weapon banner and got Venti's bow, nuts. I guess it's good for someone.

Wriothesley can walk on water infinitely by just punching. It's not zippy but it's consistent.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I've started Wriothesleys quest and I would pay actual money to know what the hell direction the english VA for "Chamboduc" (guy standing in at the rag and bone shop) was given. Its certainly something.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Diluc is like C9 now and I have never bothered using him because I got Klee when first starting to play the game. It's some kind of bullshit that pulling yet another dupe of a constellation-capped standard 5* gives you a whopping ... 5 pulls worth of glitter, wooo. At least weapon dupes can be used on other characters after you've R5d one.

Just add a generic constellation material for 5* standard characters in this case so it's not a complete waste, hoyo.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I enjoy watching the Diluc Abyss clears but have never really invested mine to try them.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I also got Chongyun C3/C4, Thoma C4 (I’ve still never used him but apparently I levelled him to 70 at some point) and, perhaps karma for all my “what’s the point of Dori” questions I got Dori C5/C6/C7 and got the electro infusion which actually gives her a solid use.

Thoma’s current thing is being great at burgeon right?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Holy poo poo, Wriothesley is glorious to play, getting final fight vibes. Oh no my primos!

e: uh, that's quite the dark quest

valuum fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 17, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Surprisingly early for the new banner and maintenance. Usually on Tuesdays I get home and have to wait till 10PM EST to play a bit

e: For some reason I just keep forgetting this isn't actually the end of patch 4.1 and there's still another few weeks. Maybe it's because of how unusually caught up I got on the games permanent content and also the battle pass and just not being used to it. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 17, 2023

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Lost 50/50 to... Jean c6.

I still do not have Qiqi. At all.

Then got Wrio after another 80, leaving me at 157 towards Furina.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I also got Chongyun C3/C4, Thoma C4 (I’ve still never used him but apparently I levelled him to 70 at some point) and, perhaps karma for all my “what’s the point of Dori” questions I got Dori C5/C6/C7 and got the electro infusion which actually gives her a solid use.

Thoma’s current thing is being great at burgeon right?

Yeah. You just gotta make sure you have enough ER on him to go with all the EM otherwise it sucks.

I put candace (she has an ER sands) on that burgeon team and it kinda works.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 17, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Cradt him a Kitain spear for the best of both ER and EM.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I pulled right before banner end to try and snag c2 for Neuvi…got Dehya. gently caress me. Would have c3 instead of c1 if I didn’t fail so much. Though the first fail was my first Tighnari and I do plan on building him so not as huge of a loss as Dehya who, no offense to her enjoyers, I will literally never use and would have preferred any other 5 star in the form of a constellation.

At least I have all of the standard units now and I guess I have a guarantee for Furina but yikes.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

at least you can use your Dehya with Neuvillette

we did it team she finally has a place

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Three hours until hot doggy man for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph