Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Cthulu Carl posted:

I haven't used the facebook app on my phone in so long I'd forgotten it was even installed.

Until this weekend when it popped up a notification that the group "Mothers Breastfeeding" are popular with users like me. This morning when I went through the notifications, there was another one from Facebook, this time trying to get me to join the group "Thick Chicks."

What the absolute gently caress, Zuck?

Years back when I still used facebook it kept trying to get me to join something like "Clown Girl Honk Heaven." I didn't join but ngl those clown girls looked pretty hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I still can't decide if DogeDesigner is paid to simp for Musk beyond any checkmark revenue. I really don't think it's a Musk alt and I don't think they're an employee of his companies. Either way, it's grim

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The fact that musk is #1 reply guy is itself grim

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Cool Dad posted:

Years back when I still used facebook it kept trying to get me to join something like "Clown Girl Honk Heaven." I didn't join but ngl those clown girls looked pretty hot.

You'll be regretting this on your death bed

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

shyduck posted:

I still can't decide if DogeDesigner is paid to simp for Musk beyond any checkmark revenue. I really don't think it's a Musk alt and I don't think they're an employee of his companies. Either way, it's grim

Scratch Monkey posted:

This is the explanation. He simps because Musk replies and he gets a lot of views/engagements

Also he/she get paid as a blue check or some poo poo, so it's very profitable to throw out a few tweets a day fellating Musky

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dude was a total Musk simp long before anyone got paid by Twitter.

He just really, really loves Elon

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Whoever he is, he’s totally butchered that meme. Makes no loving sense as presented. At last they have succeeded in making me mad.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Estraysian posted:

Keep it going

bsky-social-q3zsu-k6hmx
bsky-social-5gtni-v7vmv
bsky-social-ajrge-xbv24
bsky-social-lqm6e-lwfbf

Thanks, grabbed the last one

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Consummate Professional posted:

Can you imagine how obnoxious they’ll be after listening to 1 Rush song?

He'd definitely think the priests of the temple of syrinx are the good guys, somehow.

KetchupYEAH!
Jul 25, 2011

Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap Bap

Estraysian posted:

Keep it going

bsky-social-q3zsu-k6hmx
bsky-social-5gtni-v7vmv
bsky-social-ajrge-xbv24
bsky-social-lqm6e-lwfbf

Used the second to last one, thanks!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s 2-3 various Doge accounts who suck up to Musk, and I guarantee he doesn’t know them apart from each other

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Paying it forward:

bsky-social-zng43-rdeer

bsky-social-w3a6d-ie3qe

bsky-social-etd4j-4w5bn

bsky-social-ad7ci-6dp35

Vichan fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 18, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

there is a whole-rear end thread about bluesky in GBS

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Vichan posted:

Paying it forward:

bsky-social-zng43-rdeer

bsky-social-w3a6d-ie3qe

bsky-social-etd4j-4w5bn

bsky-social-ad7ci-6dp35

grabbed the third one

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Vichan posted:

Paying it forward:

bsky-social-zng43-rdeer

bsky-social-w3a6d-ie3qe

bsky-social-etd4j-4w5bn

bsky-social-ad7ci-6dp35

Grabbed the 4th one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Flyboxlo/status/1711662697803034988?s=20

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Ads are back!!!

Burns
May 10, 2008

shyduck posted:

Even consider that theyre the same person?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

X - your place for #ADS!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

X - your place for #ADS!

the #PEOPLE want #DRUNKEN #YACC interviews

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Elon say his desired outcome was more adverts for gadgets he could buy?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elon is the perfect mark for TikTok drop shippers

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tiny Timbs posted:

Elon is the perfect mark for TikTok drop shippers

Can't wait for the next Juicero to be pushed by X.com

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TEMU, an official partner of X.COM

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

TEMU, an official partner of X.COM

How many tens of dollars are they spending for advertising?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

How many tens of dollars are they spending for advertising?

not nearly as much as they are on their lawsuits

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

musk is definitely listening to infowars, he's parroting a ton of jones' stuff that hes been on about the past few months

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe Musk has decided to take up drop shipping and those are his ads.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Sir Tonk posted:

musk is definitely listening to infowars, he's parroting a ton of jones' stuff that hes been on about the past few months

He follows and reads posts of people who religiously watch infowars and then parrots those views. That way he can say all of his opinions come from his own genius mind and he does not watch any propaganda himself. The way he got involved in following and responding to actual Nazis on twitter is the typical 4chan teenager way of following more and more extreme accounts that start off pretending that they're just conservatives. Once you decide you're a conservative/republican and follow the conservative influencers you get put on the extremism choo choo train to infowars and Qanon. He's halfway there.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

He'd definitely think the priests of the temple of syrinx are the good guys, somehow.

It’s right there in the opening line: “we’ve taken care of everything”, just like Elon. How could they not be good guys?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

R.L. Stine posted:

how thick were they though

They shelled out for extended warranties

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Can't wait for the next Juicero to be pushed by X.com

Juicero wasn't even a scam. Being normal dumb and useless is so far from the worst of app connected consumer products or scams these days.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bip Roberts posted:

Juicero wasn't even a scam. Being normal dumb and useless is so far from the worst of app connected consumer products or scams these days.

It arguably even did something vaguely approximating what it claimed to do, which is more than, say, Theranos

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

This is kinda neat, I might look at this on AliExpress

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Proud to announce X is entering the juicing game.

X, the everything app.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

This is the thread to escape Twitter, though, isn't it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Red posted:

This is the thread to escape Twitter, though, isn't it?

No, this is the thread where you come up with all sorts of reasons to not escape Twitter

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmao @ using the IDF cartoon

it was a IDF cartoon wasnt it?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Scratch Monkey posted:

hes the opposite of richard branson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rad Russian posted:

He follows and reads posts of people who religiously watch infowars and then parrots those views. That way he can say all of his opinions come from his own genius mind and he does not watch any propaganda himself. The way he got involved in following and responding to actual Nazis on twitter is the typical 4chan teenager way of following more and more extreme accounts that start off pretending that they're just conservatives. Once you decide you're a conservative/republican and follow the conservative influencers you get put on the extremism choo choo train to infowars and Qanon. He's halfway there.

im sure that is all true, but musk has definitely hung out with jones multiple times through knowing joe rogan and being in austin. maybe he doesnt listen to three hours of jones screaming every day, but hes definitely listening to him one way or another and more direclty than replying to neonazis on twitter.