Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I had 11 equipment slots in my run before the update, so yes. (Or maybe it was moved to a higher level)

I'm sure a lot of balancing and adjustments still need to be made, but the frantic clicking has been drastically reduced at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

RoboCicero posted:

oops, I was going a long run to get the "deal 5B damage in the first zone" and refreshed as the thought of new features. ah, welp

I'm in the middle of this now and expect it to be done over night. What happened when you updated? Should I wait until I finish this quest or does the update invalidate it?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Farquar posted:

I'm in the middle of this now and expect it to be done over night. What happened when you updated? Should I wait until I finish this quest or does the update invalidate it?

You should probably wait to finish it if you're on track. The update will nuke all your upgrades, 'saved' upgrades, soul upgrades and, critically, require you to re-unlock certain upgrades by getting to the appropriate zone.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Feels weird to get pinched on bone capacity now. I guess we're supposed to really lean into those monster bags while waiting for corruption to fade.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I'm just glad I cleared 49 before the update because it's looking like I'm not going to get much past 40 now.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I figured the first Horde run after updating would be off, but all the relics from it are gone now and this makes me sad. It is now very slow.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

It is taking forever to get up to any zone where I can get a significant amount of souls/bones but it still has the afk problem where going away for a few hours you don't really progress because you weren't there to buy upgrades. Spending a few hours of afk currency looks like it's going to get me about 3-4 more zones, but this is also taking forever because of the enemy delay and the fact that there's so many more enemies now.

Something new I also just found out: unequipped items now have their abilities recharge, albeit at 5% speed. This is incredibly slow for something like clover (2h -> 40h) but might be useful for some of the big boss killer skills with cooldowns under a few minutes - equip them for the boss fight, and have other equipment on for afking that gives more passive gains (e.g. milk).

e: Also the single-use currencies are still a problem, unless there's something I just haven't unlocked yet, but it seems monster parts and corrupted flesh now only have one use each, and neither of them you can really control the speed of acquisition, so it's just a button you have to push once in a while.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 17, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there any way to raise bone capacity mid-run other than monster bags? Even those got nerfed. I feel like I can't really progress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And I hit Global Level 130, got the farm going now. The event's still on, right?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

And I hit Global Level 130, got the farm going now. The event's still on, right?

It's on through Thursday. No idea when that turns over, if it's system clock or what.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you can get to 40 in horde, I think 1h prestige's while active to farm heirlooms is the play. Then do a longer push when in-active.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Zotix posted:

If you can get to 40 in horde, I think 1h prestige's while active to farm heirlooms is the play. Then do a longer push when in-active.

I figured on doing 1 big push to set the max level bonus and then do this, yeah. I'm up to 51 now and cant upgrade anything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Here's something pretty new and different -- Asbury Pines is still pretty early on, just in demo stage right now, but it's a narrative heavy idler with some mystery/horror elements. Definitely one I want to keep an eye on.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I figured on doing 1 big push to set the max level bonus and then do this, yeah. I'm up to 51 now and cant upgrade anything

Hmm right there with you, my bigger issue is that I've only got 1/4 of the souls I need to improve anything on prestige.... supposed to just work on heirlooms for a bit? Feels weird.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

goferchan posted:

Here's something pretty new and different -- Asbury Pines is still pretty early on, just in demo stage right now, but it's a narrative heavy idler with some mystery/horror elements. Definitely one I want to keep an eye on.

I played through the demo of this. It stops right before the mechanics open up and gives you more layers of gameplay and several mechanics aren't enabled so I can't say how well the systems work, but the story has me intrigued and idle games with a set story and endpoint are rarer than they should be. I'm a bit worried about how much screen space the game's going to take up once all of it is unlocked, but there's definitely something interesting to work with here.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the horde update took away my torch relic so mine and village only have one card slot

lame

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

the horde update took away my torch relic so mine and village only have one card slot

lame

Looks like the update mistakenly wiped all relics instead of just the Horde ones as intended, so anything not immediately reacquired from an achievement is gone. Should be fixed next patch according to the dev, whenever that is :shrug:

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Yeah losing the rotten leaf was incredibly painful

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just hack 'em back in if you can't wait for the patch, unless you're worried that it's the first step on the road of hacking everything in instead of playing the game.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Overhauls Horde, keeps Sigil: Incorporeal unchanged. WHY? What purpose does that stupid sigil serve beyond telling you pick a different zone to farm???

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

KazigluBey posted:

Overhauls Horde, keeps Sigil: Incorporeal unchanged. WHY? What purpose does that stupid sigil serve beyond telling you pick a different zone to farm???

It matters so much less now that monster parts arent tied to enemy drops and bones are constantly overflowing

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Any goons playing Ironwood RPG who can smith a full set of Obsidian Body? The market is dead, Discord isn't getting them filled, and I don't want to waste 2 weeks leveling up Smithing if I don't have to. I can do bar exchange, trade for forging/cooking/alchemy stuff, or gold.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is there a way to reduce the respawn time?

love to sit around waiting for an enemy

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dragongem posted:

Is there a way to reduce the respawn time?

love to sit around waiting for an enemy

You get monster parts when you sit around! There is very much a need to make climbing after prestige quicker somehow, but I think the current parts while respawning bones while killing is going to be far more interesting than what we had before if balanced. It very much needs a wrench turn or two.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 17, 2023

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Any goons playing Ironwood RPG who can smith a full set of Obsidian Body? The market is dead, Discord isn't getting them filled, and I don't want to waste 2 weeks leveling up Smithing if I don't have to. I can do bar exchange, trade for forging/cooking/alchemy stuff, or gold.

I'm one level away from being able to do this with divine level potions so I'll move over to working on levelling that up.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Xerol posted:

I'm one level away from being able to do this with divine level potions so I'll move over to working on levelling that up.

I’ve got someone in trade chat doing the first 5000 for me right now. I’m smelting more bars so I can afford the rest in a trade.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Virigoth posted:

I’ve got someone in trade chat doing the first 5000 for me right now. I’m smelting more bars so I can afford the rest in a trade.

I have 1k bars on me I can make some. Also have 8k ore if you want that to make bars for me to make bodies

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Have got ~25k obsidian bars as well as the levels for it.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Super Jay Mann posted:

Looks like the update mistakenly wiped all relics instead of just the Horde ones as intended, so anything not immediately reacquired from an achievement is gone. Should be fixed next patch according to the dev, whenever that is :shrug:

the patch for this has been released

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
An easy tweak to fix Horde would be to make Hoarding upgrade unbounded so you can continue buying more bone capacity.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

"If you had any of the Event Relics, gently caress you, hope you had a save file from before 1.3 lmao owned"

I mean, I do, but cool beans, very cool way to do things...

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

KazigluBey posted:

"If you had any of the Event Relics, gently caress you, hope you had a save file from before 1.3 lmao owned"

I mean, I do, but cool beans, very cool way to do things...

I honestly don't get why the dev says that, I think it'd be possible to add a temporary hardcoded migration fix by just checking what entries in the event shop are there or not. A sloppy fix but thems the breaks when you push that kind of oopsie live.

If you're fine with save editing you can fix it yourself by opening a save file in a text/code editor and searching for
code:
,"relic":
That'll bring you to an array of all the relics you've gained. Add the ones you'd bought before the closing bracket of that array:
code:
,"massiveGrain","bronzeTools","dictionary"
Then, delete those entries from the event shop's "shop_big" array. They're formatted like this:
Don't need to do this, actually, they should already be gone if you've bought them
code:
,{"prize":"relic_bronzeTools","taken":0,"data":null}

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 17, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm really enjoying the new Horde mode, but I'm not sure how the fast-climb achievements are even remotely doable now if you have to wait for respawns and the boss-requirement souls upgrade isn't there any more.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Yeah that isn't a good claim / and a very poor way to handling a live game. Good rule of thumb, never nerf buff everything else. Especially in an idle game where it doesn't loving matter if suddenly things jump 100,000x (unless it really breaks things hard)

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Virigoth posted:

Want to put up a buy order for as cheap as possible and I can fill 675. I can keep making more if I get some bars. I'll put up a buy order for those

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Thank you, but I've already gone ahead and loaded a save from before the patch and exported a new file since then, otherwise I would have done as you suggested. :/

Gonna put GooBoo down for a bit, seeing stuff change like this, feeling like I lost prog and then having to do save load shenanigans costing me two days took the wind out of my sails.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

1.2 and 1.3 feel like kind of a misstep in general. Weird bugs, a Horde mode change that doesn't really consider the implications of its own mechanics, a timed event with randomized recipes that might completely ignore 40% of the ingredients...

Hopefully the dev recovers rather than doubling down, but we'll see. Worst case, I can always check out Melvor Idle, I've been hearing good things about that.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ironwood has been approachable and basic. It was nice to check in and break the lvl 10 barrier on the skills. I get the loop now, but it was kinda non-intuitive to figure out how to jump start it. I get now, but there are so few words explaining anything. Playing this alongside Melvor Idle, which has a lot of words explaining everything, has been cool. I can get how the slower pace is attractive and I think I'll set this on some Astrology skill when I stop Force Cloud Save update on an hourly basis.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

girl dick energy posted:

Hopefully the dev recovers rather than doubling down, but we'll see. Worst case, I can always check out Melvor Idle, I've been hearing good things about that.

It's my adhd talking but I'm enjoying doing gooboo, melvor idle, and one other one on itch called idle hamlet. Just checking my idlers occasionally through the day and playing other stuff and it's a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Idle game devs tend to be Very Autistic in my experience, and as someone who is also Very Autistic, I can identify with their insistence that they want to make Their Game, but it also means that if they make a bad decision, they're much more likely to stick with it out of stubbornness rather than do what might be perceived as giving up ground to public opinion.