Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TheScott2K posted:

Pretty sure Cities Skylines got pushed to 2024?

If you haven't been following the game, they also recently increased the PC system requirements and clarified that this is to play at 1080p:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cities-skylines-ii-console-release-window-faq.1600202/

quote:

Recommended Spec FHD machines:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-12600K | AMD® Ryzen™ 7 5800X
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia® GeForce™ RTX 3080 (10 GB) | AMD equivalent

The game is coming in hot. May be a real pig. The old system requirements were a 9th gen Core i7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does the Crash Bandicoot trilogy use the original game audio? Clancy Brown is my favorite actor.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
hell yeah, dead space

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Lammasu posted:

Does the Crash Bandicoot trilogy use the original game audio? Clancy Brown is my favorite actor.

No its a new recording with a new cast

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Twerk from Home posted:

If you haven't been following the game, they also recently increased the PC system requirements and clarified that this is to play at 1080p:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cities-skylines-ii-console-release-window-faq.1600202/

The game is coming in hot. May be a real pig. The old system requirements were a 9th gen Core i7.

Good God

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
drat I was hoping to replay all the persona games once the remake comes out. I might have to *shudders* buy games.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Kill it With Fire is fun and not terribly long, check it out before it goes.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

We were just talking about good Halloween games and I said it might be a good time to pick up the Dead Space remake. Bless you Phil.

Phil reads the thread. Confirmed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got 6 months of Game Pass Core but I might try get some ultimate time to play Dead Space remake :woop:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Sadly, no. It uses a new modern voice cast that's reappeared in the subsequent games. The music also feels a little weird since IIRC they recreated it using the original MIDI data from the PS1 disc as a base instead of hitting the original composer up for his high-quality source files.

It's a pity, Clancy Brown chewing up the scenery was one of my favorite parts of the PS1-era Crash games!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Guillermus posted:

I got 6 months of Game Pass Core but I might try get some ultimate time to play Dead Space remake :woop:

Stock up using the conversion method

I think they changed it, but right before they did I was able so stack up 3 years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m a bit surprised Dead Space Remake is going to be on GamePass already. It’s not even a year old.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s an EA game, those come to Ultimate after ~6 months I think. There might be exceptions like the Star Wars games or something.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Signalis is off gamepass at the end of the month and smh if you havent played it, especially for spooky games season

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Signalis is extremely good and worth a look. It is drenched in athmosphere and style.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Happy 1 year anniversary of bouncing off Persona 5 Royale to me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

Happy 1 year anniversary of bouncing off Persona 5 Royale to me
Consider yourself lucky. It takes some people 50 hours before they realize it’s a terrible game. Even sadder, there are others who never come to this realization and waste 150 hours of their life on it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

American McGay posted:

Consider yourself lucky. It takes some people 50 hours before they realize it’s a terrible game. Even sadder, there are others who never come to this realization and waste 150 hours of their life on it.

Terrible. I hope these posters get the help they need.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The extra chapters in Royal are Ftw, but there's no way in hell I'd recommend someone play through the entire goddamn game just to get to them unless they liked it in the first place

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The music is good though. But you can play it in other games :twisted:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

American McGay posted:

It’s an EA game, those come to Ultimate after ~6 months I think. There might be exceptions like the Star Wars games or something.

I was gonna say, I'm still waiting for Jedi Survivor :mad:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

waiting it out for Dead Space was so worth it, also Ishin and Cities motherfucking Skylines 2, gamepass stays winning.

trying to think of what Blizz/Activision games I'd want to even play via Gamepass since I already have Diablo 4. It'll never happen but if they ever tried to do Starcraft 2 on console it'd be neat; those latest Age of Empires have decent controls for an RTS.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i will play the blops 2 campaign again

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i will play the blops 2 campaign again

I'm fond of the credits intro, with main characters playing alongside Avenged Sevenfold, but mostly for Woods just getting up out of his wheelchair to rock out and saying "Oh that? I was just bullshittin'." He was crippled by shotgun blasts to both knees

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m a bit surprised Dead Space Remake is going to be on GamePass already. It’s not even a year old.

American McGay posted:

It was released in January and I think it's usually 12 months, so I suspect it was a bit of an 'is it better if we push to game pass before or after the holiday season, also how does the likely Activision-Blizzard deal and the timeline for their stuff effect our thinking - if at all?'

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Some decent digital sales on the Xbox store this week, including Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series at it's lowest price yet @ $9.99 and Pac-Man World: Re-Pac also at it's lowest price of $4.49. Gonna nab both.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I picked up Thief earlier and am gonna grab Steamworld Dig 2 I think.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Don't sleep on Jusant either! A great chill "climbing" game that has a fun style. Really enjoyed the demo.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Looks like Phil just confirmed there won't be any Actiblizz game pass drops this year, also no shadowdrops or other surprises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxuEV8xqEM

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:negative:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Looks like Phil just confirmed there won't be any Actiblizz game pass drops this year, also no shadowdrops or other surprises.

Phil concluded 2023 just had too much winning for xbox

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

I picked up Thief earlier and am gonna grab Steamworld Dig 2 I think.

I thought that steamworld stuff looked so lame, but I ended up buying it on Switch and loved it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
On par for a year where Game Pass kinda sucked.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

fail

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No year that graced us with Hi-Fi Rush on Gamepass can ever suck.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

:chloe:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

Is the entire thing worth watching?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Twerk from Home posted:

devs are apologising already for the state it is launching in

https://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-2-devs-warn-players-of-performance-problems-we-have-not-achieved-the-benchmark-we-targeted/

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

exquisite tea posted:

It was still worth the money this year but not the embarrassment of riches of last year. The enshitification of Game Pass has probably already started.