Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh My

This
Is
A
Moment

☝️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

HerraS posted:

Excited to see what other parts of Scott Steiner's WWE run Jade goes through, waiting for that posedown vs. Charlotte

the bench press contest is gonna be lit

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Good lord the commentary is SO bad

"Shooting star press! In the WWE universe!"

It's just so natural sounding! Christ it makes me pine for Kevin Kelly.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HerraS posted:

Excited to see what other parts of Scott Steiner's WWE run Jade goes through, waiting for that posedown vs. Charlotte

Hopefully not the political debate

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chud Cargill?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rear end Fartgill.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

rear end Fartsmell.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

there it is. thank you

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Laid “The Shitsmell” Fart

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Good lord the commentary is SO bad

"Shooting star press! In the WWE universe!"

It's just so natural sounding! Christ it makes me pine for Kevin Kelly.

WHAT A MANOVEUR

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder how much they had to pay Taker to come in last week

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
piledrivers are banned because kids do them to their little brother, causing negative headlines. no one does a shooting star press in the bed room

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

piledrivers are banned because kids do them to their little brother, causing negative headlines. no one does a shooting star press in the bed room

lol right

no one

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

not with that attitude

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

by that logic all moves should be banned

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i did wrestling matches w/ pillows on my parents california king and the only time i hurt myself was trying what i now know is an inverted 450 off of the headboard. i kneed myself in the head really hard lol. 🤪 Kevin steen voice: i was 16. just kidding

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

Kvlt! posted:

Can't just be encouraging children to slap rest holds on each other.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

History Comes Inside! posted:

THREE Whopper® sandwiches

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Kids these days just want to do moves and don't care about learning to work a crowd

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

History Comes Inside! posted:

They promised him unreleased footage of cops beating the poo poo out of black people.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

have you seen a wwe match recently....? me neither...!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

Given how much WWE fans only seem to care about the non-wrestling stuff, banning all moves would probably somehow lead to increased ratings for them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I'm genuinely surprised that there wasn't a weird camera cut on the impact

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that there wasn't a weird camera cut on the impact

I don't think Dave Sahadi is still with Impact

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

i did wrestling matches w/ pillows on my parents california king and the only time i hurt myself was trying what i now know is an inverted 450 off of the headboard. i kneed myself in the head really hard lol. 🤪 Kevin steen voice: i was 16. just kidding

When me and my cousin were 14 i broke his bed giving him an awesomebomb

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
When I was a kid I hit the spinning avalanche muscle buster on a pillow one time, and then Hiromichi Fuyuki told me if that young kid Samoa Joe saw me he'd kill me, so I never did it again.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i just did a lot of eye pokes to my sister and strutted right to my room to woo while grounded.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

i just did a lot of eye pokes to my sister and strutted right to my room to woo while grounded.

Had a friend with a toddler son a few years back who really liked wrestling. Dude hardly knew what he liked about it but loved to imitate the “you cant see me” hand motion and giggled when Cena was on screen. Little man loved Cena. I put the ultimate finisher on him and taught him how to tap out.

The move? Crippler Crossface.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Eye poke, back rake, never leaving your feet. Hulk Hogan was the innovator of child-friendly offence

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how was the show?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 17, 2023

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

in hindsight the guy at home depot really should have figured out that us middle schoolers buying light tubes were not using them for their intended use

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Germansimp posted:

Given how much WWE fans only seem to care about the non-wrestling stuff, banning all moves would probably somehow lead to increased ratings for them.

vince russo was ahead of his time

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1714374691970838954?s=20

-18% in viewership, -12% demo YOY

What isn’t working? Did TKO make a mistake putting HHH in charge of creative?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

(sighs, goes to the storeroom, and drags the ladder and the picture of Vince that were only just put away, and wearily begins trudging once more down the hall to the wall where the pics of WWE's company officers and departmental heads are placed)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

(sighs, goes to the storeroom, and drags the ladder and the picture of Vince that were only just put away, and wearily begins trudging once more down the hall to the wall where the pics of WWE's company officers and departmental heads are placed)

I’d bet that if Vince came back to creative the first week of February the ratings would go back up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Should have brought in The Undertaker and John Cena

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DogsInSpace! posted:

Had a friend with a toddler son a few years back who really liked wrestling. Dude hardly knew what he liked about it but loved to imitate the “you cant see me” hand motion and giggled when Cena was on screen. Little man loved Cena. I put the ultimate finisher on him and taught him how to tap out.

The move? Crippler Crossface.

Where are your dogs? :ohdear:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Kvlt! posted:

in hindsight the guy at home depot really should have figured out that us middle schoolers buying light tubes were not using them for their intended use

Lol if you think we ever bought light tubes,

All it takes is one die hard fan who works in depots and you're set for life (we had a fan who even washed the used tubes and used to drain the powder)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fightful posted:

If you’ve liked WWE Raw over the last couple of weeks, you might be in luck.

Fightful had reported three weeks ago that WWE Raw was feeling more of a Triple H influence unimpeded than recent months. It’s since been revealed that Ari Emanuel wanted that, as Vince McMahon is on other tasks, and Triple H is leading the charge creatively.

What we’ve seen since is numerous talent returning to the show, long-signed wrestlers finally making their debuts, several cameos, more women’s talent getting on screened, longer matches, and less restrictions in the ring.

WWE sources told Fightful that they expect that continue, and the adjustments seemed “overnight.” Even though Vince McMahon didn’t interact directly with creative this year, his influence was felt throughout that period, especially with people who would and wouldn’t appear on the show.

One WWE source said that they felt the matches that have been on the show the last few weeks between Ivar and Kofi Kingston, Ricochet and Shinsuke Nakamura and GUNTHER and Bronson Reed were very important in establishing the in-ring aspect of WWE Raw.

While one writer had said that many of the Vince McMahon changes were minimal throughout the year, we’re told that the adjustments have freshened up things and relaxed the process now that Raw has a much more wide open roster of talent to implement and use. Outside of Raw After Mania (which internally was viewed as a creative disaster), McMahon wasn’t making changes in person, instead doing it remotely. Even though there was a long reputation of Vince making last minute changes, it would also happen throughout the weekend, as we saw with the nixed DIY reunion from the Summer. When McMahon would learn the creative plans, remote adjustments would be made along the way, and he would indicate wrestlers he did or didn’t want on the show.

One writer said “well, I guess he wasn’t lying when he said he wasn’t in the weeds, but in a way, he just sprayed roundup on the weeds and checked in on them every so often.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

stab posted:

Lol if you think we ever bought light tubes,

All it takes is one die hard fan who works in depots and you're set for life (we had a fan who even washed the used tubes and used to drain the powder)

we were too young to even realize the powder was swapped out, we just breathed it in. Honestly a miracle we never had to send anyone to a hospital, being unsupervized middle schoolers.