Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is dumb and you’re dumb. Don’t loving blow up your personal relationships over poo poo you and the person you’re in relationship have zero power over. This is dumb performative self flagellation

lmao eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Good Citizen posted:

he was constantly biting cops and no one else making him one of the only two good bidens

Oh, well then, good doggo!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Kitfox88 posted:

the only reason hamas is in the wrong is because they aren't killing people with guided munitions that cost millions of dollars per launch

hamas is tacky

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cutesy genocide kitsch is too damned far.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ikanreed posted:

Cutesy genocide kitsch is too damned far.

also biden had that dog put down like 3 weeks ago

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Al! posted:

also biden had that dog put down like 3 weeks ago

Dog was sympathetic to Palestine

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is dumb and you’re dumb. Don’t loving blow up your personal relationships over poo poo you and the person you’re in relationship have zero power over. This is dumb performative self flagellation

Uh if you are OK having a close personal relationship with someone who supports genocide (whether that's something they're materially capable of affecting or not) that's bad and you're bad

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

MRW genocide is afoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8O2Mj8ckA&t=23s

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

shut up bitch

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

CLAM DOWN posted:

shut up bitch

gently caress you

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023

Horrific. DTI and DTA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Woah woah woah, save all this hostility for Israel!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Joe bidens dog when he hears 50% of the population of Gaza is children

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hamburger and bourgeois come from the same root

The root of all evil, some say.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

This account isn't even run by a white house staffer. It's some loser role-playing as Biden's dog in their free time. Grim stuff.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat, more than 500 people now…

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Combat Liberalism probably isn't the best guide to talk to your family

it was written during the time of the long march and building up of base areas for the communist party. unless you're doing a long march to Yan'an with your zionist sympathetic aunt, you don't have to go that hard.

if you have family members or friends who are supporting this genocide or israel in general, you don't have to get them to embrace DTI. Although getting people to see the reality about the occupation of Palestine is very easy right because it is very obvious, so don't be bashful with sympathetic or curious people.

For people who have been propagandized or misled, you can be getting them to see that operation currently is genocide, and that they should at the very minimum want a ceasefire by the IOF. Even if they aren't completely won over to that, people can at least be shamed into not openly supporting genocide and apartheid.

if they are getting ready to cook gluten free pastries for the IOF then yeah you can sever without guilt. but they will be finding other zionists that will reinforce their genocidal views and drive them further.

viewing this on purely an individual level does quickly run into a lot of limits though. no one person should be deemed responsible for educating shitheads in their life. but if everyone forsakes the responsibility to win over or neutralize people with wrong views, then it's just forfeiting their support to the opposition. there needs to be some organization going on for this to actually be successful on a wider scale.

also everyone has different definitions of who exactly counts as a friend, and what they are willing to talk about. family is the same. people have different numbers of both too. speaking in generalities about this, it's always going to be easy to find specific circumstances where this is bad advice. I know for people who find dumping friends or family members hard, this might read like a rationalization to continue to hang out with lovely people. personally I find ghosting on or severing people easier than trying to talk about stuff like this or even ignoring it. I think that difference might partly be generational.

:100%:

Life is hard and people are hard, but at the end of the day you need to seek out and maintain connections and relationships that are healthy on a personal level. If someone is actively participating in genocide, then that’s one thing. But simply holding retrograde views shouldn’t be part of that calculus unless they use those views to be abusive of you. This moral weirdness where everyone in your life needs to not only be a good and healthy person in your life, but also have the same worldview and personal values as you, is a way to end up suffering and lonely and isolated and on top of that suffering, accomplish absolutely nothing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:smith:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

going to start severing posters who keep talking about how the israeli genocide of palestinians affect their personal relationships from this thread

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Poppers posted:

Joe bidens dog when he hears 50% of the population of Gaza is children

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

:100%:

Life is hard and people are hard, but at the end of the day you need to seek out and maintain connections and relationships that are healthy on a personal level. If someone is actively participating in genocide, then that’s one thing. But simply holding retrograde views shouldn’t be part of that calculus unless they use those views to be abusive of you. This moral weirdness where everyone in your life needs to not only be a good and healthy person in your life, but also have the same worldview and personal values as you, is a way to end up suffering and lonely and isolated and on top of that suffering, accomplish absolutely nothing

Who does your mee-maw want to wipe from the face of god's earth

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

friend of epic cspam trump thread poster: i like hitler and want to kill everyone who is nonwhite

epic cspam trump thread poster: big yikeesaroo my good chief, nto a good look, still friends though

me:

lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

VoicesCanBe posted:

This account isn't even run by a white house staffer. It's some loser role-playing as Biden's dog in their free time. Grim stuff.

yeah it’s some dumb lib who is constantly cross promoting their loser podcast on the account

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Zodium posted:

going to start severing posters who keep talking about how the israeli genocide of palestinians affect their personal relationships from this thread

Noted and good call

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
over 500 martyered

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1714331058710192496

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1714333104028926238

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
My co-workers were discussing this the other day and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that while most of them weren't following the conflict at all (as expected) the ones that were following support the Palestinians and think the actions of Israel are horrific.

did they loving time the hospital bombing with Biden visiting Israel? loving ghouls

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you knew they were going to do it but it still shocks you lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao i was listening to frankfurt book fair opening speeches on youtube

they brought out slavoj, and after the "hamas bad" intro he started talking poo poo about israel and then the video went private

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
and now the largest hospital in Gaza does not have power

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714332349423313132

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Nah

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

jesus death-toll up to 500 in the hospital strike just now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jesus

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Starsfan posted:

did they loving time the hospital bombing with Biden visiting Israel? loving ghouls

Summoning demons generally requires a sacrifice.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

telling hitler we cant be friends anymore

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I thought they'd already been bombing hospitals at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is what genocide actually looks like.