Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DangerDongs posted:

I would like to think the nails are just being hammered into the coffin for Blizzard, but I know they will keep getting away with poo poo games every 5 years like nothing happened.

Bit melodramatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Verviticus posted:

question for the good posters only: should i play this patch

question hazy: ask again next week

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You would think after 30 years blizz would have patching figured out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Going straight for the multi-hour delay makes it sound like somebody gets to say “I told you so”

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Multi-hour delay announced a minute after anticipated launch time

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I'm personally shocked that they didn't release the patch on time just after that promotional video that got literally everything wrong

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
all the SMEs still exist on the d3 team and are laughing right now

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Would be funny if the delay is caused by the Steam release. That one is stuck on Coming Soon, even though it should be out by now.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Do the current blizz games on steam not just launch a lite client like EA does?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Certainly seems like the infra team deployed for one version of the game and the client team deployed another, lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry all, this is on me. I violated my ironclad personal law of "never schedule a day off on a Blizzard patch day because it's always hosed". Again, apologies.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zoux posted:

Sorry all, this is on me. I violated my ironclad personal law of "never schedule a day off on a Blizzard patch day because it's always hosed". Again, apologies.

owned lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I mean, I'm still not at work

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

You would think after 30 years blizz would have patching figured out

You would think that by this point, gamers would come to expect this sort of thing to happen with any launch of anything, and stop overreacting every single time.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol there he is

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did they reset the timer

sim
Sep 24, 2003

My favorite thing is the people on reddit pretending like this is the final straw for whether they play the game or not. My dude, if you took the day off work and you're raging on reddit about an hour delay, you've definitely been playing since day one and will be playing it nonstop going forward

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The age old mantra of happenings in video games:

It's not that serious but it is funny.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So with all that talk earlier about all games needing to be liveservice games ... liveservice, on top of providing constant revenue streams has one more benefit to it. It's a good enough(tm) measure against piracy. You either need a free to play copy of the game - or an original copy of the game - to play it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
welp maybe season 3 will be the one that saves the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah there are no pirates playing season 2 now for example

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tonetta posted:

I'm personally shocked that they didn't release the patch on time just after that promotional video that got literally everything wrong
Shocked I tell you, SHOCKED!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
As a Dad Gamer, I'm glad they delayed it because some of us WORK FOR A LIVING and I'm tired of being penalized for having a job and I'm tired of people touching the drat thermostat.

Put on a sweater. Layers are free, electricity is not.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"Boss, analytics send a report indicating there is still some good will left in the userbase."

"Say no more, I got u."

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I can't believe I got a remote job 3 years ago for this moment and Blizzard has ruined it for me

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The ambitious on-site worker wins again.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the switch to enable S2 is in Bobby's office and he's barricaded himself inside with an assault rifle colored like Hatsune Miku

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Okay in like 2 hours when they suddenly announce a couple prominent features are being delayed until midseason, everyone act surprised.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Patch seems well balanced, had a look at Northwars stream and he killed uber Lilith in 10 seconds with his Ball Lightning Sorc. Nothing to see here...

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Just got home from work and had a hearty lol. It's almost like there's a reason D3 didn't launch seasons at the same time as patches!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i supposedly have 7 minutes until this patch is finished

edit: rip me lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 17, 2023

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
"Unable to find a valid license for Diablo 4"

😂

nerox
May 20, 2001
I wonder just how much money is being spent by Blizzard on streamer's time during the season launch downtime.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

As a fat Diablo whale/paypig, I demand the season to be extended during this lost time and to be compensated for mental hardship/anguish.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

nerox posted:

I wonder just how much money is being spent by Blizzard on streamer's time during the season launch downtime.

roughly 50,000 battle passes I bet

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

As a Dad Gamer, I'm glad they delayed it because some of us WORK FOR A LIVING and I'm tired of being penalized for having a job and I'm tired of people touching the drat thermostat.

Put on a sweater. Layers are free, electricity is not.

Actually unless your grandma knits, each layer costs about $5-10 per month in wear and tear.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

itls leveling via the campaign a bad choice? there were some interesting bosses that dont seem to show up again

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It is significantly slower to level 50 and you won't be able to start the seasonal mechanic quest line until you finish

I think the best choice is to skip the campaign unless what you want more than anything is to replay the campaign

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Bisse posted:

Actually unless your grandma knits, each layer costs about $5-10 per month in wear and tear.

is this a battle pass joke i’m too dumb to understand or do people really destroy sweaters in under a decade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I've out-leveled most of my sweaters