Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the Colts are just dedicated to being 500 and y’all should respect that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Minshew has trouble throwing deep so the Jags pretty much ignored that and focused on playing close to the line and watching him and the backfield to take away the run and quick passes. Later in the game he started to throw deep more and had success, but he was really struggling against the coverage. It's pretty much what you expect with Minshew and you have a lot of tape on him. This is why it was funny when people suggested he start over Richardson (when he had two arms). You've gotta respect Richardson's legs and arm strength which helps open up a bunch of things, but you don't need to worry about that with Minshew.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wouldn't even necessarily say the Jaguars were selling out to stop the short game--- they tended to give the Colts a decent amount of cushion in order to maintain their zone defense, they just trusted their guys to break on a ball to disrupt it or stop a five yard gain before it became a 15 yard one.

edit: Very Functional Football Team

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1713571056600920385?s=20

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 16, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Same ankle issue as last season for Tannehill. I bet they put him on short IR and see if Willis or Levis can show enough to keep the job

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Same ankle issue as last season for Tannehill. I bet they put him on short IR and see if Willis or Levis can show enough to keep the job

“Similar” per Vrabel, so that could mean just about anything from season ending to he’ll start against Atlanta.

I’ve seen enough of Willis and Tanny’s gone at the end of the year regardless. The OL has settled down, more or less. Bring me the Mayo Boy.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

https://x.com/JonathanLOdom/status/1714311717411312011?s=20

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Soul Glo posted:

“Similar” per Vrabel, so that could mean just about anything from season ending to he’ll start against Atlanta.

I’ve seen enough of Willis and Tanny’s gone at the end of the year regardless. The OL has settled down, more or less. Bring me the Mayo Boy.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Grover Stewart suspended 6 games for PED violation. Good times, good times.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Always knew he was a cheater

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Of all the guys on the Colts, Grover would've been one of the last people I thought would be using PEDs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Looks like your bust qb should have been

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Of all the guys on the Colts, Grover would've been one of the last people I thought would be using PEDs.

From what James Body is reporting, I gather he went on a trip to Mexico or China and their meat has clenbuterol (the NFL offered a warning in 2017). If he stayed long enough, it will trip build up enough to trip the test.

No other reason for him to be posting about this.

Stewart has taken responsibility, it sounds like it was the "you're responsible for what is in your body" deal.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AR having the surgery, he gone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Colts fans: if you get the first overall pick wyd

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

indigi posted:

Colts fans: if you get the first overall pick wyd

Don't think they will with the state the league's in, but considering what happened to your quarterback of the future, it has to be offensive lineman, right? Trade down for value if you're feeling saucy, I suppose.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Draft MHJ.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Trade back to #2, draft MHJ.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Don't think they will with the state the league's in, but considering what happened to your quarterback of the future, it has to be offensive lineman, right? Trade down for value if you're feeling saucy, I suppose.
Caleb Johnson is almost certainly going #1 overall this draft no matter who has it, barring injury, in the event the Colts get the top pick it's absolutely getting traded

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts aren't bad enough to draft first though. I think they end up with 6 or maybe 7 wins.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
God I hope so colts 7 wins + Richardson out for the year is ideal

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Colts will finish with a better record than the Titans, so kinda lol at this conversation.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

JT Jag posted:

Caleb Johnson is almost certainly going #1 overall this draft no matter who has it, barring injury, in the event the Colts get the top pick it's absolutely getting traded

in the unlikely event they get the first overall I'd take Caleb Williams and trade Richardson, his injury history is scary and their ceilings are comparably high. I just think it's a safer long term bet. then move Richardson to the Bears, Commanders, Falcons, Pats, Vikings, etc. for enough juice to take a stud tackle or MHJ anyway; it's not as much as you'd get for the pick but you can't put a trade value on peace of mind.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Colts will finish with a better record than the Titans, so kinda lol at this conversation.

good we need the picks

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Colts already have 3 wins, they're not getting the first pick.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Colts already have 3 wins, they're not getting the first pick.

The bears had three wins around this time last year—don’t give up hope!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Turns out if you google search Down Bad this image is the first result???

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Refuse to believe that’s not a false flag post from a Jags fan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Jags remain kings of poo poo mountain for one more week

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I remember someone in this thread telling me that the first four weeks of the regular season basically don't count, in which case the Jaguars are actually 3-0

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is Minshew the best QB in the division

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the black colts helmets are so cool

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

the black colts helmets are so cool

Yeah I like them. The uniforms aren't great but they're growing on me.

Also the Colts injured Watson so they should be applauded

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Yeah I like them. The uniforms aren't great but they're growing on me.

Also the Colts injured Watson so they should be applauded

I'm kinda upset he's out. Walker is probably the better QB.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I'm kinda upset he's out. Walker is probably the better QB.

But it's for the greater good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao refs told indy you lose

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress the Colts and all, but feel bad for them. Real sick of refs being such dogshit in this league.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Colts couldn't overcome the tag team of Myles Garrett and the refs.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to the rest of the afc south for watching the colts lose, however, the pleasure you feel now is fleeting, and nothing can help your PTSD from the manning years other than therapy, deep introspection, and time with your loved ones

God bless

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the Colts were actually in contention this year I'd be way more mad than I am. I'm still mad though because goddamn did those refs just decide to give the Browns the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

If the Colts were actually in contention this year I'd be way more mad than I am. I'm still mad though because goddamn did those refs just decide to give the Browns the game.

same

this year is for funsies, and i don't even sports care about what happens, so long as the games are entertaining