Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Marx Headroom posted:

Should I spend tokens on MMMobius? He seems to be in a ton of decks but I can't tell if that's a fleeting meta thing or a Jeff effect or what

He's an extremely powerful effect and invalidates a lot of cards like Miles/Death/Stature/Zabu/Sera, but he tends to draw Rogue/Enchantress a lot

So yeah probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Jeff is much more broadly useful than mmm. Mmms value will wax and wane over time but Jeff's value is constant

That said there aren't any mmm spotlights in sight and Jeff is next month I think

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Jeff is early December

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you see a lot of Wave or Loki and similar energy cheats, then Mobius is great. He's also good if you want to abuse Wave and your opponent doesn't have him.

Jeff is still the better card.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Marx Headroom posted:

Should I spend tokens on MMMobius? He seems to be in a ton of decks but I can't tell if that's a fleeting meta thing or a Jeff effect or what

He's an interesting and useful tech card, but I feel like there just aren't enough decks out there that rely on cost manipulation. I've run decks with him that utilize Mordo/Iceman/Wave/etc., and did well enough (you can really do some fun stuff to screw your opponent with some combos there) but he's turned out to be far less impactful than Loki or Elsa. I think he'll see a lot more use if they buff Mr. Negative or have a card that creates locations that reduce cost or something.

Still, I saved up 4 spotlights for him - and got him on the 3rd try. No regrets, though.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
that's a pretty good shang, but there's def. better coming:

and i'm personally really holding out for this one:

mobius is good. he's sorta like luke cage, and even though he's everywhere now maybe he gets played less often later on. imo prevent mana cheats will always be useful, and getting to mana cheat while preventing your opponent from mana cheating will always be good. just like legion scamming.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It is absolutely poo poo that Mobius negates Mr. Negative. It's a cost and power switch, not a reduction. It shouldn't be affected. Neither should Swarm, since it creates 2 new cards. The original Swarm ends up in your discard pool, unlike Wolverine and X-23. Having an entire card that negates an entire archetype is bad, imo.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Last King posted:

and i'm personally really holding out for this one:

Even if it's in a $75 bundle?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Shuri's power should be nerfed so she has to be ALIVE for it to work. Would give you more options for dealing with her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Shuri is fine. If you see her a lot, add Shang Chi to your decks.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Appreciate all the MMM replies! I think I'll grab him, even though I feel burned by opening Jean Grey on release.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Red posted:

I hate his modern look, give us more classic Luke Cage.

Luke Cage with a big speech bubble that just says "SWEET CHRISTMAS!"

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Darke GBF posted:

Luke Cage with a big speech bubble that just says "SWEET CHRISTMAS!"

Luke Cage saying "Sweet Christmas!" over and over in hand the same way Kitty gets into a loop saying "Can't do!"

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Even if it's in a $75 bundle?

i'm absolutely expecting second dinner to gouge the everliving poo poo out of all of us - that seems to be their motive, which has only gotten more transparent with time since the switch over to the spotlight system. i can only hope that it comes in the form of a whale gold bundle, so after it's datamined i can spend months saving up enough gold to try afford it...

Last King fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 17, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Vanilla Bison posted:

Luke Cage saying "Sweet Christmas!" over and over in hand the same way Kitty gets into a loop saying "Can't do!"

Would consider paying for this

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bad Video Games posted:

Shuri is fine. If you see her a lot, add Shang Chi to your decks.

Yeah I'm just frustrated because I killed her with a Lady Deathstrike thinking it would prevent they double-up but it still triggered. I mean, I knew it would, but I kinda hoped in some way it might do something.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Vanilla Bison posted:

This is what they'll do for the ultimate variant.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Vanilla Bison posted:

"Sweet Christmas" emote

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm just frustrated because I killed her with a Lady Deathstrike thinking it would prevent they double-up but it still triggered. I mean, I knew it would, but I kinda hoped in some way it might do something.

this is how the locations that kill characters work as well - you can play Forge first on Vormir and still boost your next card, or Brood similarly as well. Similar idea as the effect lasting despite getting bounced from Luke's Bar too.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Bad Video Games posted:

It is absolutely poo poo that Mobius negates Mr. Negative. It's a cost and power switch, not a reduction. It shouldn't be affected. Neither should Swarm, since it creates 2 new cards. The original Swarm ends up in your discard pool, unlike Wolverine and X-23. Having an entire card that negates an entire archetype is bad, imo.

I was thinking the same about Swarm yesterday but I changed my mind. It creates copies. That cost zero. So it's not a different (type of) card, it's exactly the same. But with its cost set to zero. And cost set to something is cost that is decreased (or increased), that's pretty standard Snap terminology.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

uXs posted:

I was thinking the same about Swarm yesterday but I changed my mind. It creates copies. That cost zero. So it's not a different (type of) card, it's exactly the same. But with its cost set to zero. And cost set to something is cost that is decreased (or increased), that's pretty standard Snap terminology.

Yeah, fair enough. I just hate that the original goes into your discard. It means you can't use Swarm and Ghost Rider in the same deck.

My complaint stands regarding Negative. That's lovely.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I've been on a horrid losing streak, dropped from low 80s to mid 70s. Negative Surfer is apparently the only deck I can actually play well at this point despite its weaknesses in the meta. Experimented with Shuri Sauron and C3 but they weren't hitting for me in the same way

Edit: Should note that I don't have the perfect Shuri Sauron setup as I am missing Typhoid Mary, but have the rest of the deck.

Got Venom recently but feels like I can't play the best destroy deck without Knull and to a lesser extent Nimrod

As a Negative player I've hardly seen any Mobius, like literally three or so times since his release. In my Surfer deck I have Rogue to handle him anyway

WaffleACAB fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 17, 2023

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Why didn't my Leader copy their Chavez on turn 6?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Marx Headroom posted:

Why didn't my Leader copy their Chavez on turn 6?

Because that lane is full

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
It only copies them in the same lane?? What the hell?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It copies the cards the opponent plays, that would include the location. It doesn't randomly distribute them wherever

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also, in case this is the reason you included him in the deck, the card Leader copies won't get the Elsa buff if it fills a lane, for the same reason your Sinister Clone there didn't.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Bad Video Games posted:

I might be imagining this because it's been a while since the change but I THINK negative used to be coded that way. Or it looked like it where the power/energy numbers were white after being swapped and not green/red. Then I think there were some hosed up interactions with spider ham and to solve for that basically anything that adjusted "base" power like that was changed (except for quantum zone or whatever location I think). It got weird after that and I stopped loving around with cards in that weird limbo so idk how lots of things interact anymore but I wish it was the old way.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Marx Headroom posted:

It only copies them in the same lane?? What the hell?

Yeah

"On Reveal: Copy the enemy card(s) with the highest Power played this turn, but on your side."

Relatedly, if you're playing Leader you always want to keep a spot open in each lane before you play him (or two if you plan to double the effect through various methods). Also, imo, Leader against a Destruct deck is usually terrible.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

Also, in case this is the reason you included him in the deck, the card Leader copies won't get the Elsa buff if it fills a lane, for the same reason your Sinister Clone there didn't.

On this point, I've noticed that the logic of when Elsa will buff a card is a little broken.

It makes sense that it doesn't buff the Sinister clone which fills a fourth slot, in that it wasn't played. No issue there.

What makes less sense is that Elsa will neither:
a) buff a card that would filled a lane when played, but no longer fills the lane when revealed; nor
b) buff a card that would not have filled a lane when played, but does fill the lane by the time it is revealed.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Disregard!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cattail Prophet posted:

Thanks, yeah I knew about Sinister Clone but was experimenting with Leader. Apparently I didn't know how he worked at all!

Also buff Dazzler please. 3/8 is a pretty lame payoff for the amount of work required.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

Also buff Dazzler please. 3/8 is a pretty lame payoff for the amount of work required.

I think Dazzler's fine since filling lanes is pretty easy if you build for it. Also she's a 3/10 in a Surfer deck. But sure, buff her so I can use this variant more.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Ohhhh I kinda want black knight for my Agatha/lady sif/ghost rider/Loki deck but don't want to whammy on the other 3 pull possibilities.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Quetzadilla posted:

Ohhhh I kinda want black knight for my Agatha/lady sif/ghost rider/Loki deck but don't want to whammy on the other 3 pull possibilities.

Stature should be a pool 3 card anyway

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Is there a reason why nothing drops down a series any more? It feels super bad trying to build a collection

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Got both the stature and modok variants before getting black knight, I don't like either of them, ugh

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Beasteh posted:

Is there a reason why nothing drops down a series any more? It feels super bad trying to build a collection

Because they want to make getting cards HARDER, not easier, to entice you to break down and spend more money.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got that plain-rear end MODOK variant :|

And then I got Hipp Omega Red from a reserve :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Because they want to make getting cards HARDER, not easier, to entice you to break down and spend more money.

I'm starting to wonder if spending 700 gold on a common variant in the shop is worth it, because given enough time, you'll pull it anyway.