Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

The funniest poo poo: Hannity's big loving orange mouth meant NOTHING

Jordan thought he was ordained because the Emperor of Chudkind gave him his blessing

Trump in creasing means NOTHING outside of chud circles

Just :hmbol:

The Emperor has no clothes

Yeah. i think the base still means alot of these guys might eat poo poo in the primary but its interesting to see if this stupid poo poo is what turns the GOP on trump and the chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

This is such an embarrassing loving defeat for the HFC: their founder went down in flaming poo poo by 20+ nos that will grow, and it showed how horribly weak and hated their Caucus is in their own party.

They swing the full Hannity-Chud threat pipeline into action, and it still meant Jack poo poo.

It also shows Trump's ring means poo poo anymore in actual politics, Gym had Dear Leader's personal blessing and still failed miserably among Republicans, Ken Buck is openly calling Gym a seditious rear end in a top hat...

The fissures are spreading. It's Happening :getin:

MrQwerty posted:

it's gonna start making those fractures turn into fissures

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Sapozhnik posted:

I dunno friend, I've been hearing this poo poo for the past twenty years. "If you don't know what to talk about on a date, talk about hating George W Bush. Pretty much everybody under the age of 35 has at least that in common"

Somehow the GOP hasn't collapsed in those intervening 20 years and we were all repeatedly assured that millennials and younger cohorts would save us but actually it turns out that hateful shitheads didn't magically stop being born every minute back in 1980 or whatever. I'll grant that maybe pmurt caught lightning in a bottle in a way that none of his other fellow dickheads could have done and granted the party another 10+ years or life perhaps.

I'm far too lazy to try to prove my own theory, but I think that in general, younger generations have fewer chuds, but somehow the combination of the young chuds that do exist commingling with the ongoing right-wing voting of older populace has been enough to keep the Republican party relevant - albeit with the help of gerrymandering, cheating, and racism in general.

I grew up hearing all the time that millenials would save the US, but sadly I know too many gun-slinging, truck-driving, racism-loving people my own age down in the good state of Texas and I have long given up hope that any generation in and of itself will be enlightened enough to do finally "get rid of" the republican party. I do think that the population of bigots has shrunk, and if that population wasn't genuinely terrified of becoming the permanent minority, than they wouldn't have become even louder and dumber since W. What Turnmp did prove, however, is that fascism will always be attractive to idiots looking for simple answers, and until people "evolve" beyond that, we're all probably pretty well hosed.

So um. I dunno. gently caress Gym Jordan

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I skipped a bunch of pages. There have been two failed votes thus far?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Funky See Funky Do posted:

one

Afakasi
Jul 9, 2009

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I'm far too lazy to try to prove my own theory, but I think that in general, younger generations have fewer chuds, but somehow the combination of the young chuds that do exist commingling with the ongoing right-wing voting of older populace has been enough to keep the Republican party relevant - albeit with the help of gerrymandering, cheating, and racism in general.

I grew up hearing all the time that millenials would save the US, but sadly I know too many gun-slinging, truck-driving, racism-loving people my own age down in the good state of Texas and I have long given up hope that any generation in and of itself will be enlightened enough to do finally "get rid of" the republican party. I do think that the population of bigots has shrunk, and if that population wasn't genuinely terrified of becoming the permanent minority, than they wouldn't have become even louder and dumber since W. What Turnmp did prove, however, is that fascism will always be attractive to idiots looking for simple answers, and until people "evolve" beyond that, we're all probably pretty well hosed.

So um. I dunno. gently caress Gym Jordan

yeah i dont think we are gonna get rid of conservatism or anything or US gun culture but i do think alot of the social conservative or hardline fiscal coservative poo poo will probably wane hard for a decade or so. i think we will move closer to having better life in the US at least on various levels. like i think we will in our life times have some sort of singleish payer healthcare and poo poo. but your never gonna get rid of chuds or bigots. just push them under the bus for a while. Like IT.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 17, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/bresreports/status/1714389081302475028

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

goodness

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

loving stop being a coward and call the vote then dipshit

I'm bored and need something to laugh at

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

“I intend to stick my ballsack back into the garbage disposal as planned.”

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

:five: :five: :five:

I thought McCarthy was Heidecker at first for some reason

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait over population isn’t a real thing that’s just something weird Eugenics guys go on about
Lemme tell you about a neat little solution to the climate crisis called "ecofascism"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"We had great discussions with our colleagues,” is code for, "I loving SCREAMED AND YELLED AT THEM AND TOLD THEM HOW I WOULD SUPLEX THEIR TINY ASSES INTO THE loving DIRT LIKE A BUNCH OF LITTLE... freedom fighters AND THEN MADE THEM SEE THE LIGHT OF THE FREEDOM CAUCUS, OH YEAH BROTHER."

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

redshirt posted:

A succinct summation of where we're at: A Republican congressman tells the truth on a news channel, and he will take a hit for that.

Amazing, sadly.

haljordan posted:

Wow Buck is either terminally ill or drunk as hell to be saying all that live on CNN

This whole "Ken Buck as the voice of reason" moment is really loving with me. When he entered congress he was one of the biggest arch conservative libertarian/tea party pieces of poo poo in the chamber. He once compared homosexuality to alcoholism. And he still is a huge piece of poo poo. But in less than 10 years he's gone from one of the worst people in congress to not even in like the bottom 10% despite not changing his views at all

Just awe inspiring stuff from the GOP

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
*Poison Ivy has logged on*

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i dont think we are gonna get rid of conservatism or anything or US gun culture but i do think alot of the social conservative or hardline fiscal coservative poo poo will probably wane hard for a decade or so.

Hell, I'd be happy with that. I guess I'm just endlessly fascinated at human's inability to truly evolve. At the end of the day our brains are still hardwired to devolve into tribal mush, and no amount of education has been able to do away with that on a national level. Doesn't give me much hope for addressing this "climate change" thing. But it does make for good beer conversation.

Not being a doomer here, mostly just musing out loud.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

TulliusCicero posted:

It also shows Trump's ring means poo poo

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Aramis posted:

All he had to do was to not throw the Dems under the bus for the budget madness. That's it.

I dunno, does it explicitly help the dems to help McCarthy even if he had played nice? The Republicans are intent on self immolating at the moment, why stop them?

A rational person might say "to keep government functioning."

And I would tell them that that isn't what politics is about in 2023.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

gently caress
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1714389568328290618

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

"We had great discussions with our colleagues,” is code for, "I loving SCREAMED AND YELLED AT THEM AND TOLD THEM HOW I WOULD SUPLEX THEIR TINY ASSES INTO THE loving DIRT LIKE A BUNCH OF LITTLE... freedom fighters AND THEN MADE THEM SEE THE LIGHT OF THE FREEDOM CAUCUS, OH YEAH BROTHER."

i hate to be THAT guy but i reminded of good movie quote, "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." jordan is basicaly forcing the wounds open by all of this and either the GOP eats even more poo poo under his dipshit reign OR they split and fight starts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Uhh, what is going on in that third picture?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hahahaha he doesn't have the votes still

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Man dodges votes like he dodges subpeonas for sex crimes

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Hell, I'd be happy with that. I guess I'm just endlessly fascinated at human's inability to truly evolve. At the end of the day our brains are still hardwired to devolve into tribal mush, and no amount of education has been able to do away with that on a national level. Doesn't give me much hope for addressing this "climate change" thing. But it does make for good beer conversation.

Not being a doomer here, mostly just musing out loud.

no, i agree. I think if aliens or something showed up, even peaceful ones, poo poo would change because their would be a great OTHER then. but right now their isn't. I am genuinly mostly hopeful for humanity sorta. its just lol.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I can't handle all this Trumpian winning, just so much winning, it's unreal.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

he's going to do this for a year

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I hope they try one vote / day and in 18 days we have a new record.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If Jimbo wants to make it a daily humiliation for himself, let him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hes's never going to

There is nothing the HFC can offer anyone because they are loving insane idiots who don't know how to negotiate; they thought they would just use the chuds to threaten and that would be enough.

That and the moderates are sick of these clowns loving everything up, a reminder the HFC routinely votes even against the other GOP's bills

People remember that poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

If Jimbo wants to make it a daily humiliation for himself, let him.

He is going to do this as long as he possibly can because he realizes if he stops swimming, he is done and the freedom cacause might actully eat some poo poo over it.

TulliusCicero posted:

Hes's never going to

There is nothing the HFC can offer anyone because they are loving insane idiots who don't know how to negotiate; they thought they would just use the chuds to threaten and that would be enough.

That and the moderates are sick of these clowns loving everything up, a reminder the HFC routinely votes even against the other GOP's bills

People remember that poo poo

yeah they have no credibility because they blew a loving hole in their resevoir of credibility.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, i agree. I think if aliens or something showed up, even peaceful ones, poo poo would change because their would be a great OTHER then. but right now their isn't. I am genuinly mostly hopeful for humanity sorta. its just lol.

lol you'd think that a killer plague would be exactly that unifying "OTHER" and welp here we are

The GOP and the shitlibs would immediately sell all our asses out to the invading alien overlords if said invaders promised them that playing nice would ensure their stock portfolios wouldn't take a hit.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

just planning to have Fox News lean on the no votes tonight

Next vote is 11am eastern tomorrow

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The HFC said they had a flush when really they had 2 4s

They really showed how hilariously weak their faction is

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 17, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

CNN reporting that we might get to see more than 20 on the next vote and that number will grow the more votes that happen :lol:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the government is stupid af anyway, instead of constant shutdown votes, lets just have nonstop speaker votes where the republicans can never pick a person even though they have a majority, and it just goes on like this forever.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I really do hope that this somehow sends them into a tail spin going into an election year, that this speaker bullshit really is the straw that breaks the camel's back

It might even happen, but above all it would be extremely funny.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1714391789673603104

TWIST THE KNIFE BRANDON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/TamarHallerman/status/1714392245644759213
https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1714391576183505137

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 17, 2023