Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
new psa smoking the devils lettuce leads to alec baldwin killing people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Where was Alec in relation to the Atlantic Ocean last Sunday? Just asking questions here.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

quote:

Gutierrez Reed transferred narcotics to another person “with the intent to prevent the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of herself,” the amended complaint says.

In response to the amended complaint, Gutierrez Reed’s attorney, Jason Bowles said in his motion to dismiss he was inadvertently copied on an email from the prosecution’s lead investigator Robert Shilling

“The conduct of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office during and after their initial investigation is reprehensible and unprofessional to a degree I still have no words for,” he said in the email dated June 20. “Not I or 200 more proficient investigators than I can/could clean up the mess delivered to your office in October 2022 (1 year since the initial incident…inexcusable).”

The email was sent to Bowles in error, Special Prosecutor Kari Morrissey said in an email 38 minutes later. “It was an inadvertent disclosure. Please delete it,” she wrote.

What a clownshow.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SOP for New Mexico cops

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Looks like they're bringing involuntary homicide to the grand jury for Baldwin this time:

nyt posted:

Prosecutors will convene a grand jury to consider whether to refile an involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin in the fatal shooting of a cinematographer who was killed on the set of the film “Rust” in 2021, New Mexico prosecutors said on Tuesday.

Prosecutors decided to reopen the case after submitting the gun for further analysis, which they said contradicted Mr. Baldwin’s assertion that he had not pulled the trigger.

“The forensic testing of the gun concluded with certainty that the trigger of the gun had to have been pulled for the gun to go off,” Ms. Morrissey said in the interview. She said the prosecutors intend to begin presenting the case to a grand jury on Nov. 16.

Before Mr. Haag tested the gun, it had been examined by the F.B.I., which broke parts of it during testing, a complication that is certain to be raised by Mr. Baldwin’s defense. In order to test the gun, Mr. Haag replaced the damaged parts with new ones from the same type of gun.

“Someone put a live bullet in a gun, a bullet that wasn’t even supposed to be on the property,” Mr. Baldwin said in a television interview just over a month after the tragedy. “Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.”

First I'm hearing that the FBI broke the evidence. I'd be surprised if they even get involuntary manslaughter through the grand jury given that fact.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
That's just why I don't dick around with guns.

hosed around and found out, Alec.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Thorgot posted:

Looks like they're bringing involuntary homicide to the grand jury for Baldwin this time:

First I'm hearing that the FBI broke the evidence. I'd be surprised if they even get involuntary manslaughter through the grand jury given that fact.

It appears the levers of power being pulled to keep Baldwin free reach all the way up to the federal government. Alec and Biden’s dog will never be held accountable for their crimes under the present administration!!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Alec Baldlose

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

je1 healthcare posted:

What a clownshow.

Lol jesus christ

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

With all the laughs Alec Baldwin has given us over the years, he’s owed several negligent homicides at the very least

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

With all the laughs Alec Baldwin has given us over the years, he’s owed several negligent homicides at the very least

Have you heard him on a podcast? He’s a great guest, knows almost every celebrity/musician personally and has a photographic memory with film. So I agree, let him have a few bang bangs every once in a while.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

je1 healthcare posted:

What a clownshow.

Someone was also shot on the set of The Clownshow???

:ohdear:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Still lollin’ at the thread title after all these years.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

another trial?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

yep. and it was a totally real quote that he said, which is even more wild.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Alec Baldwin: "Another trial? How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's the only way to stop the bloodshed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So do they get around the "you can't be tried for the same crime twice" law by going to a Grand Jury? I was under the impression that it is rightfully very hard to get around that to stop prosecutors just continually trying someone till they got a convection?

With what would seem to be the main piece of evidence their using to ask for a retrial seemingly botched, while I'm not sure the first trail come to the right decision, seems like the prosecution really shouldn't be able to have another go at it as far as I can tell.

Am I just missing something?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

All time great.

:hmmyes:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

dr_rat posted:

So do they get around the "you can't be tried for the same crime twice" law by going to a Grand Jury? I was under the impression that it is rightfully very hard to get around that to stop prosecutors just continually trying someone till they got a convection?

With what would seem to be the main piece of evidence their using to ask for a retrial seemingly botched, while I'm not sure the first trail come to the right decision, seems like the prosecution really shouldn't be able to have another go at it as far as I can tell.

Am I just missing something?

They dropped the charges and never actually pursued them into court. This will still be the only trial for the incident.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FoolyCharged posted:

They dropped the charges and never actually pursued them into court. This will still be the only trial for the incident.

Oh okay, missed that. That makes sense then.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

AARP LARPer posted:

I totally agree with you, but in this case they're right. Alex basically sat for an unnecessary deposition and introduced facts into evidence, making things much more difficult for himself. One example: The whole "the gun went off by itself" admission is the dumbest loving self-own, because now you're pinning your own defense on a malfunctioning weapon. You're on record stating that gun malfunctioned. And that weapon can be examined. Now he's got additional problems of his own creation if that gun checks out to be fine. In short, Alec is dumb as hell.

this is proving very right lol

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

GolfHole posted:

help, alec baldwin findommed me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Alec Blastin’

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Let's see him "act" out of this one, Hollywood :jerkbag:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ah, well. nevertheless

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He’s just going to request that the new trial folks accompany him to the set, where he can re-enact the events and show them exactly what happened.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I just got loving strafed by alec baldwin in a triplane

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

He’s just going to request that the new trial folks accompany him to the set, where he can re-enact the events and show them exactly what happened.

quote:

So then I looked right at them and said, "Another take? How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/jan/19/alec-baldwin-indicted-shooting-rust-movie

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

LETS GO

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

He must be stopped before he strikes again!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

another indictment?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Blast my rear end Mr Alec Baldwin!

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

another indictment?

He really took his portrayal of Trump to heart.

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
I can't believe Alec Baldwin killed more people

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

another indictment?

The first one was only dismissed because they tried to charge him under a law that didn't exist when he did his crime.

That Guardian article leaves out the best part of the investigation saga:

nyt posted:

They reserved the right to recharge Mr. Baldwin after sending the gun for further inspection. A new forensic report written by Lucien C. Haag determined that Mr. Baldwin must have pulled the trigger, finding that the gun needed two pounds of pressure to fire.

But in order to conduct the testing, Mr. Haag had to replace parts of the gun, which had been damaged by the F.B.I. during its own analysis. That complication is certain to be raised by Mr. Baldwin’s defense, who have called the revived prosecution “misguided.”

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
HE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND THEY INDICTED HIM

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

No mere cell made for man can contain Alec Baldwin. He will kill again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

In some countries parents still scare their children if they don't behave then Alec 'Black Bullet' Baldwin will come at night and shoot them.