Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Concerning, looking into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh, well done, Slaan. You upset the hedgehog who may or may not actually be some sort of voodoo demon. You've made a will, right?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The Rooster is going to be The Stabber's mount, that's why she's needing a saddle to go along with it.

The STABBER also needs the black rooster to perform their combo technique, Flying Quills

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
There's going to be a bit of a delay with the next update. My daughter is down from Scotland until the 26th so my focus is going to be with her primarily. An update may happen as she will most likely need her own space throughout but there may not be an update may not happen for a couple of more weeks.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

I'm continuing on the tradition of saying an update won't happen for a while and then I start working on one within the next twenty-four hours. My daughter is lying on the sofa watching Taskmaster and I'm just laying some of the groundwork for the next update.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:popeye:

Also does your daughter have a pet hedgehog?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm continuing on the tradition of saying an update won't happen for a while and then I start working on one within the next twenty-four hours. My daughter is lying on the sofa watching Taskmaster and I'm just laying some of the groundwork for the next update.

Oh, I didn't realise Ubisoft made this game.

https://fxtwitter.com/sexy_riker/status/1712758417025110324

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The groundwork is done, I'll work on the council meeting within the next couple of days. I wasn't lying when I said that this update was going to be interesting.

Bregor posted:

:popeye:

Also does your daughter have a pet hedgehog?

I asked her and she gave me a confused no.

This is amazing!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Obviously it's time to get her a hedgehog named The Stabber for Xmas

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Slaan posted:

Obviously it's time to get her a hedgehog named The STABBER for Xmas

:emptyquote:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

She is open to the idea of a murderous hedgehog for a pet.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

what about a gold coin and a black rooster with a saddle

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ball’s in your court, then :v:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

sb hermit posted:

what about a gold coin and a black rooster with a saddle

Her birthday is in March.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (28)The Magical Cock

They know, they will come to get another daughter!

Fourteen... weeks? That's too soon...

We need to gather an army, we need to make alliances and hope Ivo will help us.

Fourteen...

You're awake! You gave us all a big fright indeed!

What happened? I feel like the last hours just disappeared...

The Radovian King sent us another letter. You didn't take it well... Radovia will be here in fourteen weeks. We need to get ready. The doctors say you're worrying too much. If you were younger, it wouldn't be too much of a concern, but at your age you are more prone to the effects. You need to take care of yourself.

How can I do that? We have to prepare for the battle! We have no army!

Yes, that we must, but you need to keep calm. Everything will be fine. Go on now, you still have work left to do.

You're right. I'd better get on with things.

Your Grace, I hope you are fine.

I'm feeling a little better, yes. Did anything happen while I was gone?

No, everything's the same. About the letter... We need to focus on gathering as many allies as possible in the next weeks. Invite Lords and see how we can make an alliance with them. While we are doing that, we should also focus on these evidence items for the Royal Trial. Question Lords and see if any of these things lead us to the killer. I don't mean to cause you stress, but we only have fourteen weeks.

Of course, Audry. I agree, we shouldn't get distracted with petty matters. Let's get to it. Please approach the throne, General.

Your Grace. The situation got pretty hot. It wasn't possible to avoid bloodshed. Nonetheless, we have secured Lord Etton's Dust wares.

I think we should check in with Lurs, Your Grace. We have done some tasks for him, so he might be ready for alliance now.

Your Grace, it is I! Noaksey, the Dragonslayer, bowing low before you! Also known as Groffos the Great. Wanos the Wise. Pieter the Powerful! The Royal Wedding was fantastic! Well... until... you know. The food was first class! But amongst all of the pleasures, I didn't have a chance to introduce myself.

I didn't quite catch that. Who are you again?

But have you never heard of me? It is I, Noaksey the Dragonslayer! I killed a dragon in the Eastern Forests! Would you like to hear about my fierce battle with the foul wyrm, Your Grace?

I'm all ears.

The beast was fast. It's sharp claws could tear human skin with absurd ease. I stole into its home forest with great care, and planned a path to its defeat. The dragon's nest was at the very top of a mighty oak tree, overlooking a rushing river. Clever as I am, I noticed that the nest was full of hatchlings... Mucky little dragon-puppies. I chopped down the tree, while the big one wasn't there. The great oak creaked, groaned and fell straight into the furious river underneath... Taking the dragon's young with it. The squeak of the little dragons carried far, and so the big beast herself appeared! Desperately trying to save her babies from the brutal current, she kept crashing into one boulder after the other. At last! She dragged her battered body onto the shore, but the weakened creature was no match for my mighty arm... and the beast was no more. After all! Wit and brains come before strength and fists. Remember that kids! I mean, Your Grace!

Impressive, isn't it? After that, and other adventures of course, I travelled to Davern, seeking further challenges. So I have come straight to the King! Now, tell me, Your Grace... What evil creatures await me here, staining your beautiful land?

I haven't noticed any monsters.

Oh, I'm sure there's something. Everywhere has its own dragon. Its own kikimore, leeshen or wyvern. Just say what it is, and consider it gone.

Well, there is Radovia...

Radovia? Well, I never heard of such a creature! So what is it?! What does it do? Emit gas? Crush men's bones under its heavy hooves? Breathe fire?

It's an army. An army from behind the tall mountains. They aim to claim Davern as their own.

An- an army? I see... Well, that is a hell of a challenge... I can help though! They call me Groffos the Great for a reason! Over the years of my adventurous career I have met a lot of people. Even more owe me their lives! I will give you all I can. Soldiers, supplies. I will stand at your side in the battle. I reckon I can gather 180 men. And 5 supplies will also come in handy, I'm sure.

"And in return I ask for..."

Oh, absolutely nothing at all! I'm a noble, upstanding knight. I live to serve, help and... Well, be famous! Noaksey, aiding the King of Davern in a real battle. They will write fine songs about this!

I have found this large tooth... It looks like an animal tooth, would you know anything about it?

That is an impressive tooth! It must have been one hell of a beast!

Do you know where such a tooth would come from?

Oh, I wish I could tell you a heroic story about defeating such an imposing beast, Your Grace. Sadly I can't, because this tooth is not one from my collection. I don't think so, anyway. I wish it was though... Can I buy it off you?

Absolutely not, Noaksey. I need this tooth to prove my innocence to King Ivo... Maybe after the Royal Trial. I have also found a letter... This letter is on very finely-decorated parchment. Do you know where it could have come from?

I wouldn't know. I don't receive many letters, Your Grace. I'm always travelling, so letters never reach me.

I appreciate your help and thank you for your generous support. There is another matter that I really need to discuss with you but I need to discuss some details with my advisor first. We have set up a guest room for you, we shall resume this conversation very soon. If you need anything, please speak to one of the servants.

Your Grashe! May I have your audienshe pleashe? I went to do some fishin'. Like I alwaysh do, Your Grace - hic! But ash foolish ash I am... I... Umm... I fell ashleep, yes. Shtupid! SHTUPID Shtefan! I alwaysh have to mesh eeeeverything up! Anyway... Shomeone took my fishing rod. Aaaaand now, I have nothin'! Tish' the only thing I had left after my wife died... Oh, my shweet Anna... If she saw what a messh I am, she'd put me right into my plashe. It'sh all my fault, Your Grashe - hic! I only wanted me and her and the kidsh to have a good time. Sho I took eeeeeverybody out on my boat... And then the shtorm came... And... And it jusht flipped the boat upshide down. I shwear I didn't know, Your Grashe... When I woke up on the shore, they were all gone! Sho I wait eeevery day! And I fish, to passh time. But now I don't even have my rod. Pleeeeeashe, Your Grashe, shpare the old man... If I could ask for a piece of gold, I shwear I will buy a fishing rod, and nothin' elshe!

I am sorry for your loss. Please wait in the lobby until I speak to my advisor to see if there is anything that we can do for you.

Your Grace, I have come to tell you the water from the Oak has cleared. Our people hadn't prayed or confessed in weeks. Oh! They are so happy now! I brought you something small as a gift. It is a bouquet made of the Oak's fallen leaves. I saved them from last year. It will bring love and luck to your Throne Room.

Well... Thank you, I think. I hope it really does!

I'll just leave it by the window.

Your Grace! I bring you a special thing, of magical splendor! It is only worthy of a royal. No one else deserves this magnificent being. Your Grace, I present to you: My magical Cock!

Don't let your eyes fool you. This ain't a regular Cock, Your Grace. This cock has been enchanted. It can tell a lie from the truth, Your Grace! And when it senses a lie, it will voice its disapproval. I believe it would be a real asset to your Throne Room. It will help you lead, better than any advisor! See. I'm no liar! The Cock stayed quiet!

How can I be sure this thing works?

Try it yourself, Your Grace, tell a lie, or truth!

My name is Audry the Fourth. And it's my real birth name...

See? I wasn't lying, Your Grace!

So how much do you want for this thing?

Only 18 gold, Your Grace! This is a very good price for a lie detector!

Hmm... Let me speak to my advisor and I will make a decision soon. Please wait in the lobby until we have made a decision.

Council Meeting

Welcome once again to another council meeting. I'm going to start the meeting by bringing you some grave news. We have had a message from the Radovian King informing us that they will be attacking us in 14 weeks' time. We cannot afford to dilly-dally, we need to start forming alliances now as we need an army to face them. It's clear that we won't be able to please everyone as it's very apparent that there are conflicting interests amongst the nobles. As long as we create an army 1000 strong it won't matter who we upset as this is about survival right now.

I have been glossing over upgrades lately but that has been down to how our finances have been these past few weeks. I'm open to any suggestions for upgrades from anyone but until our treasury is healthier I will refrain from pushing to make improvements during a meeting.

I would like to talk to you about Noaksey. Some of you were in attendance in the galley to witness his visit so you are aware of his exploits, I won't repeat them here but feel free to discuss them amongst yourselves during the break. The man does seem to enjoy tales of fantasy and appears to be somewhat of a braggart, but there does seem to be a ring of truth behind his exploits as he is able to raise a sizeable army from a variety of different locales. Noaksey has very kindly offered his 180 troops as well as 5 supplies and has asked for nothing in return. He hasn't offered us his resources for truly altruistic purposes, but I cannot see any harm if he wants to add to his list of made-up titles and to add to his tall tales. We still have the issue of Sir Friderick's plan, should we tell Noaksey about the "monster" and risk losing Noaksey's support, or should we warn Noaksey about the plan and risk losing Sir Friderick's offer of support?

Do you remember the beggar who visited the court asking for a gold piece to buy a new pair of shoes? He has returned and has spun another tale about losing his fishing rod and would like the King to give him a gold piece so we can replace it. We kicked him out the door the last time and we can do it again this time if you really want to. Should we give the beggar 1 gold piece? We could take pity on him and give him 7 gold pieces for food and new clothing. Or we can kick him back into the street again.

We had two more visitors to the court. Our efforts to save the tree weren't in vain as the tree has been saved and Olivia's people are now content again. As a thank you, Olivia returned with cuttings from the tree and kindly gifted them to the King. Which means that the Throne Room is looking a little more colourful. Our last visitor also has come with an offering but this one is at a price. A merchant arrived at the court claiming to have a magical cock which can detect lies. The King decided to test this out and told a lie to the merchant's cock and sure enough, it crowed as soon as the King made his claims. This could all be a wild fantasy and become a nuisance pet for the courtroom, or it could be a useful creature in case anyone tries to deceive the king. Should we pay the merchant 18 gold pieces and buy his cock? We can probably haggle for 16 gold but risk upsetting the merchant. Or we can tell the merchant to get lost.

That is it for now, we shall reconvene in an hour's time. I think that it's Bregor's turn to pay for dinner tonight!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 17, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

As a reminder, Ser Friddy pledged 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies to us if we tell Nopesy to gently caress off.

------

My Lords and Ladies,

It is clear that Sir Frederick told no lie. This man is a braggart and liar. I doubt that he truly has access to that many men for us. Worse, he clearly has no noble bloodline! We must refuse Noaksey and follow noble Sir Frederick's plan!

This beggar dares to enter our King's throne room? Imprison the drunk bastard, or at least kick him out post haste.

Pfft, I have never seen a cock so flagrantly hideous. It absolutely clashes with the decor of the throne room. The new tree is bad enough! Nay to the merchant

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Slaan posted:

As a reminder, Ser Friddy pledged 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies to us if we tell Nopesy to gently caress off.

Not to mention Lord Jovan's 120 soldiers and 5 gold if Sir Friderick joins.

That is it for now, we shall reconvene in an hour's time. I think that it's Bregor's turn to pay for dinner tonight!

Ah yes... so it is! Thank you Audry. Not to worry, my good council members, my purse can handle this. As luck would have it, I wagered a fair amount of coin on a sporting match between Wolomy and Luba. Came down to the final throw! And now... let's see... wine and mead of course, cheese, meat, some roasted vegetables for.... one, two, three... well you know what they say, easy come easy go!

Hmph, Groffos the Great indeed! The great performer! I would just as soon send him to the theater or the dungeons before he gets anywhere near a battle! Put into motion Sir Friderick's plan and let us see how this plays out.

It's as the old saying goes, buy a man a fishing rod... and he will trade it for a bottle. Wait, that doesn't sound right. In any event, it is not His Grace's duty to provide for the town drunk. Send the commoner on his way.

My word, what a majestic cock! And how valuable a talent it has, especially when we need to ascertain who is deceiving His Grace! It may even help with the upcoming trial! Agree to purchase the splendid black cock for 18 gold and keep it close to the royal family! In fact, didn't Lady Cedani wish to have a friend for the STABBER? Oh, it's perfect!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Hmm. The lords are offering us gold and supplies, which doesn't seem like a lot at first. But I've been looking into things and it seems like the gold\supplies that they're offering us on a weekly basis and not just a one-off.

Edit: Which makes who we ally with a little more strategic as it means that it makes more sense to have a balance of incomes instead of loading it mainly on one of them.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 17, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Good to see you haven't been eaten by a hedgehog yet, Slaan.

Siding with this Noaksey gets us some men and supplies, but siding with Sir Friderick brings in Lord Jovan as well and we get more in the end. Let us do as Sir Friderick suggests.

And let us once again kick the drunk beggar out. If he ever shows up sober, perhaps we may be more sympathetic.

As for the, uh, magical lie-detecting cock....? Well, I've seen stranger things. And we've spent money on stupider things. Haggle down to 16 gold and buy the thing, there's a small chance it actually works and if it doesn't we can always gift it to someone.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

quote:

little dragon-puppies

:smith:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That man should be jailed for his(admittedly fictional) treatment of cute little dragon babies and taking such joy in their cries of despair. Alas, all we can do is enact the plan to discredit him utterly.

And then throw him in jail.

As for the other votes, we have a man begging for a pole and another man attempting to sell us access to his cock. We should toss them both out and tell them to satisfy each other, preferably in the brothel inn where we can take our cut as is proper.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It sounds like this guy basically killed a big bird and its offspring, doesn't really sound like a major military asset but I guess he might take some arrows instead of actual fighters.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hmm. The lords are offering us gold and supplies, which doesn't seem like a lot at first. But I've been looking into things and it seems like the gold\supplies that they're offering us on a weekly basis and not just a one-off.

Edit: Which makes who we ally with a little more strategic as it means that it makes more sense to have a balance of incomes instead of loading it mainly on one of them.

I had assumed it was a weekly boon, going through the trouble of sending for all these lords and ladies for a one-time benefit seemed like a lot of hassle!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Tell Noaksey about the "monster", if he's made up stories about the dragons and such, his troops might just be stories too.

Kick the beggar out again, and I suppose we'll see what story he comes up with next time. Maybe he's related to Noaksey?

Haggle the price down to 16 coins, in the worst case The STABBER gets a new friend.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Slaan posted:

This beggar dares to enter our King's throne room? Imprison the drunk bastard, or at least kick him out post haste.

Bregor posted:

It's as the old saying goes, buy a man a fishing rod... and he will trade it for a bottle. Wait, that doesn't sound right. In any event, it is not His Grace's duty to provide for the town drunk. Send the commoner on his way.

Black Robe posted:

And let us once again kick the drunk beggar out. If he ever shows up sober, perhaps we may be more sympathetic.

jkq posted:

Kick the beggar out again, and I suppose we'll see what story he comes up with next time. Maybe he's related to Noaksey?

... you are all fools.

<resigns from council immediately>

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I for one lack a magic cock, but the “dragon-slayer” reeks of too-good-to-be-true-ness. Let’s proceed with sir Frederick’s plan to expose him as a liar.

I suppose we can afford a single coin for alms… scorning the downtrodden is how you get cursed.

…As for the magic cock, I suppose we can haggle for it. 16 gold is a fair price, considering the odds that it’s just trained to crow on command. And hey, at least THE STABBER will be appeased for another day! He is a mercurious and vengeful god, after all :allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm in favor of Sir Frederick's plan. You never know. Maybe he'll catch a real monster in that forest.

Instead of buying what is admittedly a nice cock, howsabout we build the Stable instead? There's a lot of places we could get to, and maybe it'll stop taking Stan two weeks each time.

As for the drunk guy... give him 7 gold to try and better himself, but if he comes back and asks for more money after this, give him a thrashing!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

TheDavies posted:

... you are all fools.

<resigns from council immediately>

Woah! The beggar is only a minor character in the game.

I will go more into details with him after the next update.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Tell the monster hunter about the monster. If he's the real deal, he should see through our test.

Toss a coin to the beggar. We are not so desperate for money (and if we were, we should've gotten into the dust trade).

Don't buy the magic lie-detecting cock. As the royal council, it is *our* job to tell truth from lies, and we should not outsource it to something straight out of Oglaf.

Finally, build a Stable so that we can have a Stable Economy.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Tell the monster hunter about the monster. If he's the real deal, he should see through our test.

Toss a coin to the beggar. We are not so desperate for money (and if we were, we should've gotten into the dust trade).

Don't buy the magic lie-detecting cock. As the royal council, it is *our* job to tell truth from lies, and we should not outsource it to something straight out of Oglaf.

Finally someone talking sense. I support this plan.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I support this too. Far be it for me to stand in the way of a good pun.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Aye, build a stable as well, so my dear horses can finally rest away from the uncouth peasants

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I can't believe that people are denying a steed for The Stabber!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I can't believe that people are denying a steed for The Stabber!

He can have one of Slaan's horses.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the voting now as it's been a couple of days since the last vote. I'm going to try to have an update within the next three or four days. My daughter has had a crisis and is heading back home early, which is unfortunate in a lot of ways.

Noaksey
There's A Monster - 6
Warn Him - 2

Beggard
Give 1G - 2
Give 7G - 1
Kick Him Out - 5

Merchant
Buy 18G - 1
Haggle 16G - 3
Nay - 3

Upgrades
Stable - 5

There were four votes to buy the cock as opposed to three nay's, I will go ahead with trying to haggle it down to 16g. I will also proceed with building the stables as well. As for the beggar, he's a minor character and won't affect the game but I'll let you know underneath if he was being genuine or trying to scam us.

Spoiler: He was genuine in wanting to turn his life around. He even comes back and pays us some gold and adds half a dozen men to our army.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I have made another big error. I forgot to include the setup and votes of where to send Stan and who to invite. I made screenshots but completely overlooked them. I'll work something out later today and try to fit them in.

If people want to vote now you're welcome to do so. I'll just copy and paste from previous updates for the moment. I'm sorry for the oversight.

Map

Kosano - Unknown.

Luba - Unknown.

Wolomy - Unknown.

Allies

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Aw, I hope the kiddo is okay.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's an ongoing complicated matter but it's being dealt with.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

Since Stan would probably be needed to staff the brothel later, maybe we can send him where the bandits may be hiding. Somewhere remote. Somewhere woody. Somewhere that starts with a K, short for Crafty. Kosano!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

sb hermit posted:

Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

:hmmyes: I agree with my honorable fellow councilmember!

As for General Stan, send him to Luba. The short jaunt will give him plenty of leeway to return to Grevno quickly.