Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's a little sad that Click went from an awful work environment (apparently) in Houston to apply for an awful work environment (apparently) in Boston. You'd think his former colleague Bloom would say something to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

Rogers did the deed, Shapiro was just the stooge hired because Eddie can't handle anyone that people like more than him.

Though in AA's case, it was replacing the "retiring" Beeston - who AA actually liked and respected, with Shapiro - who is Shapiro rather than inventing a new position.

Ya that's exactly my point and what the Marlins are doing. Eddie Rogers wanted to clear out Beeston and his bestie AA and used Shapiro as a way to do that.

There's a reason Rogers only looked for guys that weren't just business types. He wanted to hire someone that would clear out any remnants of Beeston who didn't really listen to Eddie.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

camoseven posted:

I hate that the cheapest, least ambitious, pettiest, dumbest, most rear end in a top hat loving LOSERS are the only people allowed to own baseball teams. gently caress YOU!!!!

speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1714069787720949888

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Red posted:

How did the Royals win a ring?

Their wave of talent all matured at the same time (Hosmer, Moustakas, Salvy, Gordon), their outfield defense was world class thanks to Lorenzo Cain catching everything, GMDM made a couple of shrewd trades to bring in talent (Cueto, Zobrist) and EVERY drat pitcher they put in the bullpen had a career year.

I mean just look at this poo poo:

Wade Davis just randomly decided to be the best relief pitcher ever for one year.

Also they timed their window so they were good just as the typical coastal power teams kinda sucked.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

live with fruit posted:

It's a little sad that Click went from an awful work environment (apparently) in Houston to apply for an awful work environment (apparently) in Boston. You'd think his former colleague Bloom would say something to him.

Cheer up, "being considered for" is a long way from getting the job.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I don't know if the numbers back this up but at the time the idea was that the bullpen made it a six inning game for the Royals.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Did somebody say Hosmer??

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

I dunno, my body went numb after I heard people talking about Chicago Cubs legend Wade Davis

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya that's exactly my point and what the Marlins are doing. Eddie Rogers wanted to clear out Beeston and his bestie AA and used Shapiro as a way to do that.

There's a reason Rogers only looked for guys that weren't just business types. He wanted to hire someone that would clear out any remnants of Beeston who didn't really listen to Eddie.

Oh yeah, it's the same thing. Just wanted to apportion the jackassery properly. Failson Ed is the insecure nepobaby responsible and Shapiro is just the lackey taking the job and sucking up to boss man.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

NO

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
4x Rawlings Gold Glove winner Eric Hosmer?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I was talking about my wood elf, Eric Bosmer

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

I was talking about my wood elf, Eric Bosmer

Cubs sign a 1 year, 200 gold contract with 1B Fargoth with a signing bonus of one engraved ring of healing.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I used to be an outfielder, then I took a fastball to the knee

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Paper Tiger posted:

I used to be an outfielder, then I took a fastball to the knee

As a Von Hayes enthusiast, I condemn this joke

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Red posted:

As a Von Hayes enthusiast, I condemn this joke

Dude, nobody knows who Von Hayes is, man. Relax.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Brewers' extortion attempt seems to have worked; a bill that would provide $546 million in public funding for renovations of Miller Park has passed the Wisconsin Assembly and now goes to the Senate.

$546 million in public money (plus a paltry $100 million from the Brewers) for a stadium that's 22 years old. This is bullshit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

Dude, nobody knows who Von Hayes is, man. Relax.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lmao

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1714336316526035257

I remember watching this as a kid, and my dad and I were blown away.

But it was pretty funny that it was delayed just for the Giants to get swept.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1714336316526035257

I remember watching this as a kid, and my dad and I were blown away.

But it was pretty funny that it was delayed just for the Giants to get swept.

Wouldn't have gotten postponed if it was at Wrigley

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Okay I was gonna wait to post about the Gold Glove finalists until they were all announced, but I just saw Ian Happ is a finalist for NL LF

lol. lmao

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm beginning to think Gold Gloves should not be taken all that serious anymore, or maybe they never should have been

Bregor
May 31, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

I'm beginning to think Gold Gloves should not be taken all that serious anymore, or maybe they never should have been

That one year Rafael Palmeiro won GG at 1B while mostly playing DH all season was the tipping point for me. I still do like to see the occasional wtf nomination/win though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Derek Jeter won five (5) gold gloves

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

more falafel please posted:

Wouldn't have gotten postponed if it was at Wrigley

Oh god yes. I think the Cubs losing the NLCS was my first real sports heartbreak. loving Giants.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Watching that video I’m nostalgic for the lack of ads and billboards over every inch of the stadiums and the stupid superimposed Ads on tv behind the pitcher

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

look the game today is immesnely better from a fan experience stand point. back in the day you had to have your bookie tell you the line, now there's an entire pregame show about it!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

Here are the 2023 Gold Glove Award finalists:

AMERICAN LEAGUE
PITCHER
José Berríos, TOR
Sonny Gray, MIN
Pablo López, MIN

CATCHER
Jonah Heim, TEX
Alejandro Kirk, TOR
Adley Rutschman, BAL

FIRST BASE
Nathaniel Lowe, TEX
Ryan Mountcastle, BAL
Anthony Rizzo, NYY

SECOND BASE
Mauricio Dubón, HOU
Andrés Giménez, CLE
Marcus Semien, TEX

THIRD BASE
Alex Bregman, HOU
Matt Chapman, TOR
José Ramírez, CLE

SHORTSTOP
Carlos Correa, MIN
Corey Seager, TEX
Anthony Volpe, NYY

LEFT FIELD
Austin Hays, BAL
Steven Kwan, CLE
Daulton Varsho, TOR

CENTER FIELD
Kevin Kiermaier, TOR
Luis Robert Jr., CWS
Julio Rodríguez, SEA

RIGHT FIELD
Adolis García, TEX
Kyle Tucker, HOU
Alex Verdugo, BOS

UTILITY
Mauricio Dubón, HOU
Zach McKinstry, DET
Taylor Walls, TB

NATIONAL LEAGUE
PITCHER
Jesús Luzardo, MIA
Taijuan Walker, PHI
Zack Wheeler, PHI

CATCHER
Patrick Bailey, SF
Gabriel Moreno, AZ
J.T. Realmuto, PHI

FIRST BASE
Freddie Freeman, LAD
Carlos Santana, PIT/MIL
Christian Walker, AZ

SECOND BASE
Nico Hoerner, CHC
Ha-Seong Kim, SD
Bryson Stott, PHI

THIRD BASE
Ke'Bryan Hayes, PIT
Ryan McMahon, COL
Austin Riley, ATL

SHORTSTOP
Francisco Lindor, NYM
Dansby Swanson, CHC
Ezequiel Tovar, COL

LEFT FIELD
Ian Happ, CHC
David Peralta, LAD
Eddie Rosario, ATL

CENTER FIELD
Brenton Doyle, COL
Michael Harris II, ATL
Alek Thomas, AZ

RIGHT FIELD
Mookie Betts, LAD
Fernando Tatis Jr., SD
Lane Thomas, WSH

UTILITY
Mookie Betts, LAD
Tommy Edman, STL
Ha-Seong Kim, SD
Is this the first year with the utility category?

Also: Eddie Rosario?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

look the game today is immesnely better from a fan experience stand point. back in the day you had to have your bookie tell you the line, now there's an entire pregame show about it!

If you watch the AppleTV broadcasts you get live probabilities in the corner of your screen based on real scientific data like "How likely are you to place a bet based on this displayed number?"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Bregor posted:

Okay I was gonna wait to post about the Gold Glove finalists until they were all announced, but I just saw Ian Happ is a finalist for NL LF

lol. lmao

-7 OAA, lmao. Presumably he still got the nod because he lead all qualified LF's with 12 assists.

Dansby led all MLB in OAA so if he doesn't get SS GG the voters are insane, Nico was tied for second in OAA but led all qualified 2B in assists, so I can see him winning but if he loses out to Stott that's fine.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Get that Dansby/Nico gold glove combo

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Dansby/Nico gold glove combo

unfortunately the TMNT logo generator website appears to be gone from the internet, so just pretend

Bregor
May 31, 2013

more falafel please posted:

unfortunately the TMNT logo generator website appears to be gone from the internet, so just pretend

lol :smith:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Bregor posted:

That one year Rafael Palmeiro won GG at 1B while mostly playing DH all season was the tipping point for me. I still do like to see the occasional wtf nomination/win though.

My favorite part about that kerfuffle was Bill James commenting that if presidential voting worked like gold glove voting, Donald Trump would end up being elected president

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the NL 2B choices are all actually really good and I presume they will fix this by next year

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Also: Eddie Rosario?

I'm dyin

His late inning defense was great in tight games ... because he wasn't out there to flail at anything his way

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
So Betts or Kim could win two Gold Gloves?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

live with fruit posted:

So Betts or Kim could win two Gold Gloves?

Also Mauricio Dubon hilariously enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Totally uninformed take, but I feel the Yankees wouldn't have to go to analytics therapy to learn where it all went wrong if they just sacked Cashman and hired Ng to replace him.

Of course that won't actually happen.