Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wrong camoflauge. Should paint it like a red brick suburban bungalow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

reminds me of atakebune ships

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DaVinci was right about tanks in everything but the architectural style, which is clearly more eastern than European

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

retvrn

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

looks like

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

wasn't NAFO literally making fun of Russian tanks dressed up like this during the earlier stages of the latest Russo-Ukrainian conflict

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hubbert posted:

wasn't NAFO literally making fun of Russian tanks dressed up like this during the earlier stages of the latest Russo-Ukrainian conflict
1913 mindset:

Whatever happens,
we have got,
Top-Attack munitions,
and they have not,

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

war thunder can start selling tank hats now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hubbert posted:

They still call them "cope cages"

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

NAFO is so cringey it triggers my embarrassment anxiety worse than the office.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySlippers posted:

NAFO is so cringey it triggers my embarrassment anxiety worse than the office.

I still remember that euro politician lady who hosted a NAFO event to motivate the support base only to discover it was all overweight examples of human dysgenics. Her ovaries must have turned to dust.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

When I am finally elected King I will replace all aircraft carriers with treasure boats

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the little tank house is very cute

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Hatebag posted:

the little tank house is very cute

its not cute, when a tank looks like this it actually means it is in distress

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

little house on the tankie

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
in Tom Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears", Jack Ryan is able to convince the President from launching a nuclear retaliatory attack against the USSR by contacting a nuclear physicist friend and having them identify the radioactive fingerprint of the fallout from the nuke that blasted Denver. Not only were they able to confirm that the fissile material had to have come from Oak Ridge laboratories and no place else, but also that the nuke was assembled incorrectly* and couldn't have been of Soviet make as a result.

I bring this up because recent events have made this a somewhat unrealistic prospect: the media would simply blast the airwaves with "Russia did it", Ryan gets shouted down, and nuclear armageddon happens.

___

* an especially curious PLO fighter pokes at the partially-assembled nuclear warhead and triggers a "demon core" incident by himself - this spoils the tritium injection and makes the nuke much weaker, but initial NORAD findings don't see it because the flash of the explosion reflecting off the snows of Denver make the blast look much larger than it actually is from a satellite capture.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hatebag posted:

little house on the tankie

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I still remember that euro politician lady who hosted a NAFO event to motivate the support base only to discover it was all overweight examples of human dysgenics. Her ovaries must have turned to dust.

You're thinking of the prime minister if Lithuania

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Someone mentioned over coffee that the British lost the Second Anglo-Dutch War because of austerity, does anyone know? I don't know anything about the Battle of the Medway or really even what the Second Anglo-Dutch War was.

Because if this has already happened before, China dunking on us is a bit funnier.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/status/1714353364870250807
https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/status/1714363815997898894

give it a few decades more and the usa's ammunition is supplied entirely overseas

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I would like to buy some Czechoslovakian time travel bullets, please.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wait, so does that mean they inherit the contract for bespoke ammo for the new service rifle? Wasn't that given to Remington?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Iirc that is going to be produced in a purpose built sig facility

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

Wait, so does that mean they inherit the contract for bespoke ammo for the new service rifle? Wasn't that given to Remington?

Slavvy posted:

Iirc that is going to be produced in a purpose built sig facility

They're just going to end up issuing regular brass for combat aren't they

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Hubbert posted:

https://news.usni.org/2023/10/16/usni-news-fleet-and-marine-tracker-oct-16-2023

In the Eastern Mediterranean Sea

USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) and the Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group (CSG) are underway in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. The Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group’s presence in the Eastern Mediterranean is meant to deter Hezbollah and Iran from joining the war between Hamas and Israel, according to statements from the Pentagon. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin ordered the carrier strike group, which had been operating in the Mediterranean, closer to Italy, to move to the Eastern Mediterranean as part of the U.S. response to Hamas’ attacks on Israel. Hamas is a State Department-designated terrorist group that has been the ruling government of the occupied territory Gaza after Israel withdrew troops and settlers in 2005.

San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock USS Mesa Verde (LPD-19) and embarked 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) Bravo Command Element are in the Mediterranean Sea. Mesa Verde is part of the Bataan Amphibious Ready Group (ARG). Bataan and Carter Hall, the other two ships in the Bataan ARG, are currently operating in U.S. 5th Fleet.

--

In the Western Atlantic

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) and the Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group deployed on Saturday, Oct. 14. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin ordered the CSG to the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.

update

https://twitter.com/narrative_hole/status/1714670206230888496

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

president putin, my carrier groups (csg-69) yearn for sinking!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"nice boat, be a shame if something happened to it" with all the charisma of an accountant

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

the us is about to lose ww3

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
the US is losing ww3

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone should start a death pool for aircraft carriers.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

Iran has to be doing some math right now on how balls deep they want to go here vs trying to bleed the IDF out without bringing the US and Europe in directly.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

What's the really broken newish one? I'll put my money on that bad boy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to see the USS George Bush sink into the briny deep

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

whats taking so long?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Centrist Committee posted:

the us is about to lose ww3

mark immune posted:

the US is losing ww3

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

my name is Raya, I am 12 year old girl from Bekaa Valley Lebanon, please Mr Xi send Eagle Strike YJ-21 Antiship hypersonic Carrier killing missile w/land-launch capability.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JeanneTheoharis/status/1714808818830319640?t=bhWPPXuDjIfwWD_sgPtlXw&s=19

GrunkleStalin
Aug 13, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

in Tom Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears", Jack Ryan is able to convince the President from launching a nuclear retaliatory attack against the USSR by contacting a nuclear physicist friend and having them identify the radioactive fingerprint of the fallout from the nuke that blasted Denver. Not only were they able to confirm that the fissile material had to have come from Oak Ridge laboratories and no place else, but also that the nuke was assembled incorrectly* and couldn't have been of Soviet make as a result.

I bring this up because recent events have made this a somewhat unrealistic prospect: the media would simply blast the airwaves with "Russia did it", Ryan gets shouted down, and nuclear armageddon happens.

___

* an especially curious PLO fighter pokes at the partially-assembled nuclear warhead and triggers a "demon core" incident by himself - this spoils the tritium injection and makes the nuke much weaker, but initial NORAD findings don't see it because the flash of the explosion reflecting off the snows of Denver make the blast look much larger than it actually is from a satellite capture.

This reminds of the Clancy parody someone at the CIA wrote.

https://www.gawker.com/read-the-cias-parody-version-of-tom-clancys-most-famo-1440143480

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

This is surprisingly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ok but have you guys considered