Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

we're lucky Aaron Sorkin still isn't making The Newsroom

Jeff Daniels looking tearful and conflicted as he holds two papers in his hands, one saying "Hamas did it", and the other saying "Israel did it"

the producer is counting him down as they go live, and there's a fade-out as he begins his opening spiel. Which did he pick? That's up to the viewer to decide...

this is brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Death By The Blues posted:

and now they are saying the death toll is exaggerated

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1714534971904323734

israeli spokesman: really? six million? im just saying it seems like a lot

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Leonard_Nosferatu posted:

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Just wanna say prayers up for the Palestinian people.
Death to America
Death to Israel

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You waited ten years but you made a very good first post

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
they've bombed 11 medical facilities/hospitals prior to this one in the past week and a half. and however many other times previously.

"well israel would never bomb a hospital" is maybe the dumbest hill to die on.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The timeline of propaganda:

- We blew up a hospital because Hamas was hiding there.
- It was a misfired Hamas rocket.
- We warned them to evacuate the hospital.
- Here are videos of a misfired Hamas rocket.
- OK, the timestamps/years are wrong. Here is the actual video of the misfired Hamas rocket.
- OK, that video also has the wrong timestamp.
- The death toll is exaggerated.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mola Yam posted:

they've bombed 11 medical facilities/hospitals prior to this one in the past week and a half. and however many other times previously.

"well israel would never bomb a hospital" is maybe the dumbest hill to die on.

they bombed a school (also being used for refugees) and a literal refugee camp the same day. somehow none of this is news, and even the hospital wasnt news until the PIJ fud was available

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

WTF? WHAT STAFFERS? PRESIDENT BIDEN CERTAINLY KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUES REGARDING ISRAEL & PALESTINE! HOW UTTERLY STUPID ARE YOU?
President Biden is being diplomatic, not wanting to escalate things that might draw other countries into this mess!
NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS.
STOP THIS.
THERE WILL BE TIME FOR THIS IN THE FUTURE!
PRESIDENT BIDEN IS GOING INTO A WAR ZONE!
IT'S DANGEROUS & THIS KIND OF FAUX 'REPORTING' IS NOT HELPFUL!
JUST STOP!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Israeli is legitimately mad the death toll is so low after dropping thousand of bombs them testing the waters to bombing crowded UN school shelters and hospitals to get that death toll up is so hosed up and disgusting

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

JDAM warhead mass: ~900kg
SCUD-D warhead mass: 985 kg (launch mass 6500 kg)
Qassam-4 warhead mass: ~10kg (50 kg launch mass)

loving hell man can you imagine what things would look like if Hamas actually had rockets large enough to take down major buildings?

Edit: As somebody who has designed and made rockets from backyard shed to orbital size, I laffo at the audacity of this lie.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Subvisual Haze posted:

The hospital blew itself up to prove that it could.

I thought everyone knew that. Some people think the hardest part of being a paramedic or a nurse is dealing with sick and dying patients, but really it's that the hospital could explode any minute.

Honestly their fault if you think about it. Just comes with the territory.

D2I

Teriyaki Koinku has issued a correction as of 08:23 on Oct 18, 2023

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

no hospitals should evacuate jack poo poo even when warned gently caress off nazis hippocratic oath comes first

You can't fulfill the Hippocratic oath if you and your patients are dead either. It's not like the IDF is not going to bomb you because you didn't evacuate so you should evacuate as much as you can unless you are really gung ho about you and your patients dying as martyrs instead of doing what you can to help.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

guess youtube has been nuking videos of palestinian bangers but this one got reuploaded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLiYejrpbY

Backup poo poo you want to keep, because nothing gold can stay

O Zionist You Will Die In Gaza

Min Irhabi (Who's The Terrorist?)

Rossa Palestina

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Zudgemud posted:

You can't fulfill the Hippocratic oath if you and your patients are dead either. It's not like the IDF is not going to bomb you because you didn't evacuate so you should evacuate as much as you can unless you are really gung ho about you and your patients dying as martyrs instead of doing what you can to help.

This better be a SYQ

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Lord of Pie posted:

guess youtube has been nuking videos of palestinian bangers but this one got reuploaded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLiYejrpbY

Imperialist dogs will be put down. Long live the fighters. Death to the empire.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

This better be a SYQ

The postmodernist/woke types who dominate these forums (and the mainstream in general) are apparently not interested in "responsibly" consuming content related to this conflict. They have already made up their minds a priori that, in the case of the large gorilla and the lemur locked away in a cage together, the smaller beast is unable to do any wrong or indeed any real damage even if it tried (as it does). Weakness and victimhood are high moral stature, and the gorilla exploits the lemur at every turn, for the inverse is impossible by nature. It's somewhat forgivable as a lapse in judgement, given the obvious emotional impact of the strong beating up on the weak. But as you said, if it becomes the basis of one's worldview, it only perpetually clouds judgement, and of course media outlets will be all too ready to feed into that core narrative.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

gently caress Israel

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

The postmodernist/woke types who dominate these forums (and the mainstream in general) are apparently not interested in "responsibly" consuming content related to this conflict. They have already made up their minds a priori that, in the case of the large gorilla and the lemur locked away in a cage together, the smaller beast is unable to do any wrong or indeed any real damage even if it tried (as it does). Weakness and victimhood are high moral stature, and the gorilla exploits the lemur at every turn, for the inverse is impossible by nature. It's somewhat forgivable as a lapse in judgement, given the obvious emotional impact of the strong beating up on the weak. But as you said, if it becomes the basis of one's worldview, it only perpetually clouds judgement, and of course media outlets will be all too ready to feed into that core narrative.

whoever typed this post up originally is for sure some kind of sociopathic person who harms people, probably children

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Can these guys pick a lane, it's getting hard to smooth my brain out enough to hold all these competing narratives about how this isn't bad, isn't Israel's fault, or didn't happen at all

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

careful

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

sounds like something a lemur would say. the gorilla requires no caution

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
fuckers used local for the tooth extraction was hoping to be blasted right now and numbed for a little bit amidst this horror but i cant even have that now can i

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

smarxist posted:

whoever typed this post up originally is for sure some kind of sociopathic person who harms people, probably children

they'll be a d&d mod within the week

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

fuckers used local for the tooth extraction was hoping to be blasted right now and numbed for a little bit amidst this horror but i cant even have that now can i

drat that sucks

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

HazCat posted:

Rossa Palestina

what do the rules have to say about bangin nasheeds........

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

HazCat posted:

Rossa Palestina

hell yeah

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
one of the most rabidly anti-muslim brotherhood people in the entire gulf is now saying " i put them ahead of my petty feelings" and is now praying for their victory and for all muslims to stand with hamas and gaza and that "they are my brothers no matter our disagreements"

https://twitter.com/alafasy/status/1714502368488837495?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ohtori Akio posted:

what do the rules have to say about bangin nasheeds........

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1714021808889049313

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

probably israel would've taken credit but america was like "you're gonna screw up biden's visit. make something up" so israel made something up and america was like "this is the best you've got??" i wonder if they will try a different story since america cant even bring itself to endorse this one

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Blackhawk posted:

JDAM warhead mass: ~900kg
SCUD-D warhead mass: 985 kg (launch mass 6500 kg)
Qassam-4 warhead mass: ~10kg (50 kg launch mass)

loving hell man can you imagine what things would look like if Hamas actually had rockets large enough to take down major buildings?

Edit: As somebody who has designed and made rockets from backyard shed to orbital size, I laffo at the audacity of this lie.

I don't know how it's possible for people to see the kinds of rockets Hamas militants have been using to date and also buy the narrative that they can suddenly launch something magnitudes of size and power greater.

Like, you'd have to be completely brainwashed and/or braindead to accept it as truth.

e: and, hypothetically, if they (Hamas) had access to such a powerful weapon, why would they waste it on destroying a Palestinian hospital instead of an Israeli target? It doesn't make sense unless you're a true believer who really does think Hamas militants are literally mindless animals and cartoon caricatures.

Teriyaki Koinku has issued a correction as of 09:00 on Oct 18, 2023

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

crepeface posted:

ok i remembered it slightly wrong:

Oooo I hope it was goatse

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

FlapYoJacks posted:

This better be a SYQ

Nope, I just can't see how staying in a hospital and hoping to not get murdered by IDF who explicitly said they will murder you and all your patients if you stay there is a better outcome than evacuate as much as possible. I get that it is probably literally impossible to evacuate most patients and staff to other less bombed areas of Gaza under the circumstances because Gaza is not safe anywhere. But that does not really change the premise of stay and get murdered or try to evacuate somewhere else where you can at least help with basic first aid to prevent even more death.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

osint folks deciding there werent many dead because theres not many twitter photos of dead bodies being brought to surrounding hospitals

if you had to read any part of that twice, like "dead bodies to hospitals", congrats you might not have osint brain

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zudgemud posted:

Nope, I just can't see how staying in a hospital and hoping to not get murdered by IDF who explicitly said they will murder you and all your patients if you stay there is a better outcome than evacuate as much as possible. I get that it is probably literally impossible to evacuate most patients and staff to other less bombed areas of Gaza under the circumstances because Gaza is not safe anywhere. But that does not really change the premise of stay and get murdered or try to evacuate somewhere else where you can at least help with basic first aid to prevent even more death.

abandoning your patients is generally frowned upon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

love this social media environment that brings together Jackson Hinkle, Shaun King, Max Blumenthal, and Syriangirl against Western journalism

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zudgemud posted:

jfc just think for like a second what a hospital evacuation entails wtf is wrong with you?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

why did the victims not simply evacuate the concentration camps?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Zudgemud posted:

get hosed.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Leonard_Nosferatu posted:

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Just wanna say prayers up for the Palestinian people.
Death to America
Death to Israel

A decade of silence: BROKEN

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zudgemud posted:

the doctors that said they were refusing to evacuate said so because their patients would not survive transport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Zudgemud posted:

gently caress you. STFU. DTI. DTA.