Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas Operative 1: Ah- the Al-Ahli hospital?! At this part of Gaza, on this side of the street, near this cemetery, localized entirely with local shrapnel?!

Hamas Operative 2: Yes.

Hamas Operative 1: : ...May I see it?

Hamas Operative 2: ...No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tristeham posted:

local shrapnel for local people

local shrapnel, better bombs, papa hamas

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Less flippantly: A long time ago I... had a long talk with a dude who had to drive through a warzone to deliver supplies to a hospital in Mostar during the collapse of Yugoslavia. Hospitals aren't just places where doctors and patients congregate. There are things you just flat out cannot do outside of the facilities you have, and transporting both the patients and the equipment while under fire from someone who wants to kill you both is neither trivial nor safe, the endpoint itself is not guaranteed to be meaningfully more safe, and the process also prevents you from looking after the patients at a time where they desperately need that help.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zudgemud posted:

Then do not evacuate those patients, you have obligations to all your other patients too and if you and they are dead you cannot help them either. And you can't do poo poo for the thousands of other victims either.

I know this, this is indeed a very, very bad thing that normally should not be done, and for a doctor or nurse it can be emotionally impossible or traumatizing too but the alternative is worse because the IDF sure as gently caress are gonna murder you and ALL your patients. The medical staff are not the ones murdering the patients, the IDF are. You can't save everyone but you might be able to save some, at least temporarily, and medical professionals are really loving useful when trying to save the hundreds to thousands of victims that is being produced by Israel daily.

As for where to evacuate people, who knows, but not all of the Gaza strip is being bombed at once so try to move to some place where the IDF is not explicitly saying they will bomb, and then move when that place also becomes too dangerous.

your fuckin dumb and i dont have the patience to explain why

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Israel told Palestians what their approved safe evacuation zones were and then bombed those exact spots afterwards multiple times this week. They're conducting a genocide campaign. They're not sticking to specific spots, they just kill people where they gather regardless of whether you follow their instructions.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
zudgemud I cannot overemphasize this - even under complete peacetime conditions, it's not typical to move people from one hospital to another unless there is a clear and immediate medical reason to want to do so, and the fact that it happens for financial reasons is an unfortunate perversion resulting from capitalism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
If i was a doctor, I would simply catch the bomb before it hit the ground

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

zudgemud I cannot overemphasize this - even under complete peacetime conditions, it's not typical to move people from one hospital to another unless there is a clear and immediate medical reason to want to do so, and the fact that it happens for financial reasons is an unfortunate perversion resulting from capitalism

they simply wouldn't have the resources to do it

and i doubt there's many empty hospitals in Gaza ready to accept patients

the entire idea is dumb

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
If I was a doctor I would do a little harm, as a treat

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

If i was a doctor, I would simply catch the bomb before it hit the ground

yep

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
A weapon that surpasses powell's vial of laundry powder

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Again Israeli just bombed a 4 story residential building right now next to a major hospital trapping and killing dozens of people, they just do not give a gently caress

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zudgemud posted:

As for where to evacuate people, who knows, but not all of the Gaza strip is being bombed at once so try to move to some place where the IDF is not explicitly saying they will bomb, and then move when that place also becomes too dangerous.

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pooky posted:

If I was a doctor I would do a little harm, as a treat

The oathbreaker talent tree is flashy but it's missing a lot of utility

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Zudgemud posted:

Then do not evacuate those patients, you have obligations to all your other patients too and if you and they are dead you cannot help them either. And you can't do poo poo for the thousands of other victims either.

I know this, this is indeed a very, very bad thing that normally should not be done, and for a doctor or nurse it can be emotionally impossible or traumatizing too but the alternative is worse because the IDF sure as gently caress are gonna murder you and ALL your patients. The medical staff are not the ones murdering the patients, the IDF are. You can't save everyone but you might be able to save some, at least temporarily, and medical professionals are really loving useful when trying to save the hundreds to thousands of victims that is being produced by Israel daily.

I don't think I can possibly imagine the horror of being a doctor and living through this experience, seeing the extraordinary cruelty and human depravity on display from the bombs dropping outside, and the terror and pain that my patients are going through. I cannot fully form the image in my brain and of what I can form, it makes me want to drink.

I cannot do that, let alone lecture any of these first responding professionals in a massacre zone how they should handle this situation.

Maybe you mean well but you are coming across as callous.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Zudgemud posted:

chain probe

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
got bombed in a hospital? skill issue

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

zudgemund please provide a list of locations less likely to be bombed than hospitals to which the ideal rational doctor would evacuate in the optimal frictionless market of bomb supply and immobile patient demand

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Death By The Blues posted:

Again Israeli just bombed a 4 story residential building right now next to a major hospital trapping and killing dozens of people, they just do not give a gently caress

Actually they're being humanitarian by bombing a building next to a hospital so the injured people are closer to help, maybe think harder next time before posting.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/1714543023990690214

look at this poo poo

smiles, fist bumps, and backslaps

they don't see this as a crisis

terrorist fist jab

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://ceasefiretoday.com

here’s some resources from a script you can use when calling Congress & a tool to email your Rep., to a protest locator

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Israel told Palestians what their approved safe evacuation zones were and then bombed those exact spots afterwards multiple times this week. They're conducting a genocide campaign. They're not sticking to specific spots, they just kill people where they gather regardless of whether you follow their instructions.

Right. It is an unfathomable man made evil right before our computer screens. I have no advice to the victims of this tragedy. They have to do what they got to do, just as I would not judge holocaust victims in a death camp. The most I can do is try to persuade other people in the first world that what this government does is evil.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

no give him the boo box from Hook

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zudgemud posted:

evacuate these forums you piece of poo poo

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
where the gently caress is zodium. we need a jannie

dti
Oct 17, 2023

by Modern Video Games

Ohtori Akio posted:

quick question, what do you think about trans youth
That's a long conversation, but I think about them a lot because I'm a pediatrician. If you're just trying to vet me for the Correct Opinion then just assume I'm wrong.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/1714543023990690214

look at this poo poo

smiles, fist bumps, and backslaps

they don't see this as a crisis

They must be giving him the good stuff today. Sleepy Joe with jet lag must be awful.

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001

So a rocket that was flying for 4-5 seconds lands on a hospital 200-300ft away from the launch site? (Which is also not where all the Geolocation "experts" are saying the rocket came from).

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
"Urgent | Israeli army spokesman: We bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital"
https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1714534502653993368

getting whiplash.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

dti posted:

That's a long conversation, but I think about them a lot because I'm a pediatrician. If you're just trying to vet me for the Correct Opinion then just assume I'm wrong.

on my first read it seemed as if you were saying woke enough to say save trans youth as a bad thing. upon reread i assumed i read incorrectly. however this post makes me think you suck so please elaborate

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

its like avoiding a storm on the overmap

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

yes, we sent a bomb to the parking lot, but you would not believe the hourly rate so we turned around and bombed in a mcdonalds parking lot instead

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ohtori Akio posted:

on my first read it seemed as if you were saying woke enough to say save trans youth as a bad thing. upon reread i assumed i read incorrectly. however this post makes me think you suck so please elaborate

dang you never wanna use "it's complicated" on the question of helping children

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

however this post makes me think you suck so please elaborate

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

honestly this is a much better attempt than the ukrainian ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

"Urgent | Israeli army spokesman: We bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital"
https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1714534502653993368

getting whiplash.

see what had happened was