Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:qqsay:

"Why aren’t Jews offered a place in the pantheon of favored groups who deserve universities’ official sympathy and recognition?" Jason Willick writes.

"The real issue isn’t Jewish American demographics but social justice ideology itself."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/10/17/identity-politics-game-jews-cannot-win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

"Urgent | Israeli army spokesman: We bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital"
https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1714534502653993368

getting whiplash.

bunkerbustering a hospital ftw

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if i were a doctor i simply wouldn't go inside a hospital

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah they let press in but took no questions

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

oh wait there's bombs in the parking lot too

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden says he believes PIJ/Hamas was behind the hospital massacre. Just a dog poo poo response from him

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
the problem is all Israeli shrapnel is free range

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
it's crazy how sophisticated and relentless propaganda is, you'd think ukr was already mind boggling what with the nordstream bombing being forgotten and other stuff but now we got blatant sketchy fake evidence like that phone call and people eat it up

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mechafunkzilla posted:

we're entering the Humanitarian Zone

It's more a humanitarian cube, shaped by a hydraulic press.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hadji murad posted:

the problem is all Israeli shrapnel is free range

cap-and-trade carnage

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
honestly Biden just seemed cucked like he knows they are going to war and kind of resigned to it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
have iran/hezbollah started to shake the earth like they said or just more proclamations and like a missile at one tank

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

computer toucher, with microchips in his brain: "Why would these healthcare workers kill themselves like this???"

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thank u homeless friend. peace is restored to the middle east

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas Operative 1: Ah- the Al-Ahli hospital?! At this part of Gaza, on this side of the street, near this cemetery, localized entirely with local shrapnel?!

Hamas Operative 2: Yes.

Hamas Operative 1: : ...May I see it?

Hamas Operative 2: ...No.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Death By The Blues posted:

Biden says he believes PIJ/Hamas was behind the hospital massacre. Just a dog poo poo response from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPtavKGS0Oo

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden is not gonna push one iota against Israel committed completely to whatever genocidal plans they have. No mention of aid or ceasefire either.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas Operative 1: Ah- the Al-Ahli hospital?! At this part of Gaza, on this side of the street, near this cemetery, localized entirely with local shrapnel?!

Hamas Operative 2: Yes.

Hamas Operative 1: : ...May I see it?

Hamas Operative 2: ...No.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I made the mistake of reading the BBC News front page -_-

The Beeb could be considered a legitimate target because it’s actively propagandising for the idf

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
I have no doubt that some subset of Palestinians have unenlightened views about LGBT people. I am trans myself. I have no doubt that a subset of every nation or ethnicity have unkind views about me. I have experienced them from all kinds of directions. But that doesn't justify colonialism or the slow genocide that Israel's government is doing to those people. Nobody should have to live to a perfect victim standard.

What I know is not at all helpful to anyone in combating homophobia is being a credulous patsy for bad faith weaponizing of human rights discourse to advance the agenda of empire. That puts the idea in the minds of victims of colonialism that gay rights are their enemy. That is a tactic called "pinkwashing" or "rainbow-washing."

In short, don't use me or my pain as a reason to hurt people.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
A lot of osint people quoting this guy's video and analysing it as proof for being hamas misfire but the OP concludes it's not lol
https://twitter.com/yousuf_tw/status/1714370703565205787?s=20

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zoeb posted:

I have no doubt that some subset of Palestinians have unenlightened views about LGBT people. I am trans myself. I have no doubt that a subset of every nation or ethnicity have unkind views about me. I have experienced them from all kinds of directions. But that doesn't justify colonialism or the slow genocide that Israel's government is doing to those people. Nobody should have to live to a perfect victim standard.

What I know is not at all helpful to anyone in combating homophobia is being a credulous patsy for bad faith weaponizing of human rights discourse to advance the agenda of empire. That puts the idea in the minds of victims of colonialism that gay rights are their enemy. That is a tactic called "pinkwashing" or "rainbow-washing."

In short, don't use me or my pain as a reason to hurt people.

thats not what we were talking about at all op

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i just wanted to flame the noob lets keep the focus on the topic at hand

dti
Oct 17, 2023

by Modern Video Games

Ohtori Akio posted:

on my first read it seemed as if you were saying woke enough to say save trans youth as a bad thing. upon reread i assumed i read incorrectly. however this post makes me think you suck so please elaborate
I don't think it's in the best interest of children to believe the indefinite hell that the medical industry visits upon them constitutes a 'gender reassignment', and there's growing evidence to support this view, and a growing awareness about the lack of evidence for the opposite view. What constitutes 'saving' trans youth in the discourse is actually causing further suffering. The majority of the kids I have known have major trauma in the background, others have reasons that are so typically adolescent in scope that it's a travesty that we would encourage them to absolutize their own transient beliefs about their selves.

More to my point and why I mentioned it, if you're woke enough to believe that there is an ongoing transgender genocide, you'd hope that you'd recognize an actual genocide.

If you still think my view is reprehensible, I wouldn't be surprised. I consider the prevailing view to be too ideologically hampered to help anybody grow up to become a real live person. Sending kids who don't know they're gay yet to be sterilized, and robbing other children of their youth, is not why I signed up to be a doctor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders

Rollie Fingers posted:

I made the mistake of reading the BBC News front page -_-

The Beeb could be considered a legitimate target because it’s actively propagandising for the idf

Just now I saw a headline that uses the manipulative tactic of stenography. They know good and well that having a headline that says "Pentagon says x happened" is understood by the public to mean "x happened" unless they express some skepticism about what the actual facts are. We need facts. We need due diligence. We need professional skepticism. What we get instead is propaganda and consent manufacturing.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol just saw a clip of this, he's just reading off his loving cue card

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Autisanal Cheese posted:

There was the one main one and now suddenly three or four more have popped out of the woodwork in the last page or so

who gives a gently caress? i dont wanna hear about their nazi poo poo in here

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

dti posted:

I don't think it's in the best interest of children to believe the indefinite hell that the medical industry visits upon them constitutes a 'gender reassignment', and there's growing evidence to support this view, and a growing awareness about the lack of evidence for the opposite view. What constitutes 'saving' trans youth in the discourse is actually causing further suffering. The majority of the kids I have known have major trauma in the background, others have reasons that are so typically adolescent in scope that it's a travesty that we would encourage them to absolutize their own transient beliefs about their selves.

More to my point and why I mentioned it, if you're woke enough to believe that there is an ongoing transgender genocide, you'd hope that you'd recognize an actual genocide.

If you still think my view is reprehensible, I wouldn't be surprised. I consider the prevailing view to be too ideologically hampered to help anybody grow up to become a real live person. Sending kids who don't know they're gay yet to be sterilized, and robbing other children of their youth, is not why I signed up to be a doctor.

oh hell yes...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zudgemud posted:

As for where to evacuate people, who knows

not to pile on but lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ohtori Akio posted:

oh hell yes...

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

The timeline of propaganda:

- We blew up a hospital because Hamas was hiding there.
- It was a misfired Hamas rocket.
- We warned them to evacuate the hospital.
- Here are videos of a misfired Hamas rocket.
- OK, the timestamps/years are wrong. Here is the actual video of the misfired Hamas rocket.
- OK, that video also has the wrong timestamp.
- The death toll is exaggerated.
- Here is a supposed call between two Hamas agents with perfect clarity discussing the rocket explosion in excruciating detail, including names and locations, with terms like "Israeli shrapnel."
- We bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital.

mossad is three comms interns in a trench coat pulling multiple all nighters in a row :ohdear:

dti posted:

:yikes:

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 10:07 on Oct 18, 2023

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

i just wanted to flame the noob lets keep the focus on the topic at hand

ah I am sorry.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

corona familiar posted:

mossad is three comms interns in a trench coat pulling multiple all nighters in a row :ohdear:

bbc: i trust like that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zoeb posted:

ah I am sorry.

no its ok. the other noob showed up to clarify that he thinks puberty blockers are an indefinite hell

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

dti posted:

I hope your career dies and you have to work at a gas station

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
like, there's still no humanitarian corridor or anything of that nature, right? shouldnt that be top priority?
how does this not just piss everyone off?

Griz
May 21, 2001

dti posted:

gently caress you and gently caress off

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

"Urgent | Israeli army spokesman: We bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital"
https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1714534502653993368

getting whiplash.

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUT THE RECORDING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

like, there's still no humanitarian corridor or anything of that nature, right? shouldnt that be top priority?
how does this not just piss everyone off?

literally he didn't mention anything besides committing to Israel and signing off on genocide. Hezbollah time to start please...