Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Going to jump back on at some stage (away from home right now) to attempt levelling my eternal barb to max now that the later game is a bit better tuned. Might try seasons after that.

I do welcome the changes, as much as I think they should have been there at launch. It's getting the game close to a finished product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah the main thing with this season is you can sit in the vampiretide and slaughter stuff near relentlessly, only stopping to turn in junk before dipping back again. You don't have to jump on the horse to find packs or race to objectives, they are everywhere and they respawn quickly. Tree quests drop on top of the vampiretide consistently. Tree quest rewards now give plenty of gold, so you are not trying to min/max selling vs. junking. Drops are far more generous, you will be drowning in yellows and have more than enough legendaries as you level; the only real issue I have is that blue and white items are pointless now, and still manage to drop too much.

There will certainly be OPTIMAL builds, but all I did tonight was ICE EVERYTHING sorcerer build but with vampire powers to increase DPS/survivability. The build felt "online" immediately. In season 1/open world doing something like this would be incredibly tedious for like 35+ levels.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

someone swap my username to Constipated Arab

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Mr. Pickles posted:

someone swap my username to Constipated Arab

this is an actual title you can get in game, how you acquire it is an exercise left to the reader

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Have run into a couple of bugs already whereas in S1 I had zero issues.

Aside from that I'm having a great time with all the S2 changes.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I have played a druid in beta, base game, s1 and now s2 and killing in the vampire area might be the first time I have actually had fun levelling

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am gonna try playing the game as a chain lightning sorcerer, will it be OK? Will I be able to keep myself from the digital opium which is WoW Hardcore in favor of D4 S2? Likely not, but who can tell which grain will grow and which will not? Nobody, that's who

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I haven't started the season yet but wouldn't the problem be that once you're done leveling to NMD level, there's still nothing but NMDs to get glyph XP in?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Clocks posted:

I haven't started the season yet but wouldn't the problem be that once you're done leveling to NMD level, there's still nothing but NMDs to get glyph XP in?

still levelling but yeah the end game seems as anemic as ever. levelling before that is super fun though so its a step up. this is probably a good season to try out any classes you havent played yet

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm advancing at Gamer Dad pace but I'm interested in how the "do stuff to fight Zir and Duriel and 1-2 others" loop feels for endgame. You can't get pieces of that in NMD alone. I actually dreaded and was preemptively bored getting Uber keys/parts in D3 but enjoyed the fights.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm just ignoring glyphs until at least level 80. not gonna gently caress around with tier 1-30 nmd for any reason

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think S2 is much better than S1 so far, playing rogue, got to 25 really quickly and enjoying all the blood powers.

There appears to be some foundation for a basic-skill only build which I'm interested in and will probably try out at some point

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
The only way to upgrade vampire powers is spending 25 of whatever units in the inventory screen and randomly getting 3 to upgrade, right? I can't target a particular power for upgrading without dealing with RNG?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’ve decided to redo the campaign, partly because it was actually pretty good, but equally so I don’t get bored as fast in the 60-75 range.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

The only way to upgrade vampire powers is spending 25 of whatever units in the inventory screen and randomly getting 3 to upgrade, right? I can't target a particular power for upgrading without dealing with RNG?

Yes it's random which 3 pop up to upgrade or unlock

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite change so far is the horse. I love using the horse now.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
My L10 rogue got flattened by the Butcher in the first dungeon I went to. Diablo is BACK, baby! :black101:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I made a sorc. It's very whelming at the moment. At least my blizzard sets everything on fire.

I miss druid. Best first class to experience the game with, but totally ruined every other class :[

J
Jun 10, 2001

Internet Explorer posted:

I'd really like to meet the UI person who thought Pacts should be expressed as Available/Required and not Required/Available. Madness.

Also how those requirements are visible on a different tab from your gear inventory so you have to swap back and forth between tabs when trying to compare pact differences on gear that just dropped to what you currently have equipped :argh:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Jaytan posted:

So I redeemed my dad gamer edition battle pass in season 1, but I had a free accelerated battle pass available for season 2. Did I miss something?

Same here, except just a premium and not accelerated.

Which is whatever, because I don’t think I’ve touched my wardrobe at all unless there was a season journey thing to change something in S1. The game is zoomed far enough out that you can’t even see what others people’s characters are wearing anyway.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Zeg posted:

I made a sorc. It's very whelming at the moment. At least my blizzard sets everything on fire.

I miss druid. Best first class to experience the game with, but totally ruined every other class :[
Kind of agree, went from zipping around the mob pile doing ninja tricks and power rangers transformations with my druid, to picking barb and like… standing still and hitting a thing a sword and sometimes shouting loudly.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
my favorite UI wtf is how the item preview window covers up your inventory instead of staying in one place

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Left Ventricle posted:

My L10 rogue got flattened by the Butcher in the first dungeon I went to. Diablo is BACK, baby! :black101:

I’ve only seen him 3 times so far since release, but he was in my very first dungeon for S2. He squished me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

E: Nevermind, apparently gems need to be crafted up from fragments now.
Was wondering why I don't find any.

But you can't upgrade from one tier to the next with a 3:1 ratio anymore, fragments are the only resource.

100 fragments for a regular lvl 40 gem. Incredible.
Is it 1000 for Royals? No wait, don't tell me, I want to see for myself.

The most I got for one color type is 206 fragments at lvl 40.
Guess we're no longer drowning in gems.
That's one way to solve it I guess ... we all know how finicky stash tabs are.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 18, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man i havent tried rogue yet and TB rogue loving slaps, im just exploding screens and the pop on poison inbue and melt bosses

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The SFX for a shadow-imbued Penetrating Shot (that splatters an entire screen) sounds like a counterstrike AWP and it gives me huge dopamine hits every time.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Barb is as proactive as you make it, I recommend two buttons that generate fury on pressing. I did ground stomp and leap for a long time, my final load out was Leap, Steel Grasp, Challenging Shout, Iron Maelstrom and Flay/Rend. DW on Flay, 2H Mace on Leap. I didn't use the shout for awhile, had double earthquake aspects on stomp and leap. You get a fury on weapon swap later that really does work and once you're racing to cut the IM cooldown in half you're active constantly.

Charge and Leap is a good combo too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doomykins posted:

Barb is as proactive as you make it, I recommend two buttons that generate fury on pressing. I did ground stomp and leap for a long time, my final load out was Leap, Steel Grasp, Challenging Shout, Iron Maelstrom and Flay/Rend. DW on Flay, 2H Mace on Leap. I didn't use the shout for awhile, had double earthquake aspects on stomp and leap. You get a fury on weapon swap later that really does work and once you're racing to cut the IM cooldown in half you're active constantly.

Charge and Leap is a good combo too.
I'm going to start a Barb when I finally get some dad gamer time to play and I am really tempted to go for Frenzy + guaranteed overpower, with all the attack speed buffs I can stack - The Basic aspect, the aspect for attack speed on crit, the unique sword that lets you get two more stacks of Frenzy, ect. Was thinking I would try HOTA with it for a big wolloper skill too, and having Charge and Leap sounds fun, too.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the idea too but the respec was too onerous. Should be real good this season with Double Mad Berserking. Getting high Berserk uptime and benefits isn't a big ask with some aspects and skill passives.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Playing this for the first time. Game is good and fun and I'm having a lovely time click click click click clicking away with my lvl 14 Necro.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemme know if this is a better question for the Steam Deck thread but: I've been playing D4, since launch, as a non-steam game on my deck and it works pretty well, some slowdown in towns and the odd frame drop here and there, but eminently playable especially for a handheld. Is there any performance benefit to having the steam version of D4 for playing on the deck, or does it not make a difference.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
shouldn't really make a difference, just marginally more convenient to launch.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
are there resources for chest location in the vampire areas yet? Helltides.com doesn't have one

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

are there resources for chest location in the vampire areas yet? Helltides.com doesn't have one

The chest locations feel real random and spotty. The nice thing though is that I'm always at a surplus of keys. This is what helltides should have felt like from day 1.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How to barb: yell, scream, stomp while swinging weapons wildly until covered in demon guts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, last night I figured the chests were everywhere, had a point where 3 of them were on the screen at once.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doomykins posted:

I liked the idea too but the respec was too onerous. Should be real good this season with Double Mad Berserking. Getting high Berserk uptime and benefits isn't a big ask with some aspects and skill passives.
Yeah I'm planning on messing around to try out more of the skills this time instead of just sticking to Walking Arsenal like I did with my preseason Barb so I am hoping to build towards it if it seems okay after getting into early paragon boards (since we will get 20 points for "free" this season). I like my dumb gimmicks too much.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Base game is 25% off, is respeccing still stupid or is it free now?

E: read a few posts above like I should have anyway, so still prohibitive then

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It's supposedly better this time since it was mentioned in the rebalancing notes, I was talking about S1 respeccing. The season just started, even poopsockers likely aren't slamming level 70+ and full paragon glyphs. At least before the end of the night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Base game is 25% off, is respeccing still stupid or is it free now?

E: read a few posts above like I should have anyway, so still prohibitive then
I respecced the gently caress out of both of my characters and never felt the financial impact. Money is a joke in this game and it costs pennies to respec.